+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Yes, Bill came out looking great while the others, except for Sherri, looked ridiculous, especially Joy. Bill maintained a level of dignity while Joy tried to pick a fight. He was there to promote a book about parents taking chrage of their children instead of letting the children run the roost. How anyone could disagree with that, I do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2664841;
    Again, I think you're taking it to a much deeper perspective than Whoopi intended. I, and others, have certainly made the same comment that she made for several specific purposes. Things were definitely a lot freer when I was younger to be able to voice comments without having to worry about people getting offended. You could make comments without fear that someone was going to protest because they were going to take your word choice out of context and take affront to some invisible, unintended offense. You could celebrate religious holidays in schools without worrying that you were offending someone. You could play a game of dodgeball on the school playground without fear of being accused of discrimination. You could call yourself an ethnic "mutt" without groups X and Y taking some imaginary racial offense. Nowadays people are being censored left and right in speech and activity because someone somewhere is always going to jump up with a protest or litigious action because of some misplaced, undefined sense of ever changing PC rules and logic.

Take that and then compare it to "gee, how can Whoopi make that statement when she was a black woman faced with segregation (or any topic that you choose to raise) when she was younger?" They are different issues and can be talked about in different conversations. And the same person can intelligently have separate discussions without need for combining them. You can have faced segregation or a lack of sex ed in school when you were younger and still have felt more free to speak without fear of the PC police.
    Could not agree more.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, feeling taken out of context myself, Broadway, and also feeling you illustrated my points, so we do have something in common on this issue! but also realizing this is the wrong forum for this discussion as it really isn't more than tangentially View related. So since I'm not really up for "taking it outside" (moving down to that hot topics discussion thread) and I don't want to get stomped by the mods, and since, as I said, I missed the original Whoopi comments, I think I've got to let it go.

OK, Joy needs to get a grip. So, the governor of Georgia got together a prayer meeting to pray for rain. It wasn't state sanctioned and anyone who wanted to come was invited. What could it hurt? Even if you could snap your fingers and reverse global warming, that won't help them tomorrow. It didn't hurt anyone and if people thought it was a waste of time they didn't have to go. I think she just wants to fight for fighting sake.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2667361;
    OK, Joy needs to get a grip. So, the governor of Georgia got together a prayer meeting to pray for rain. It wasn't state sanctioned and anyone who wanted to come was invited. What could it hurt? Even if you could snap your fingers and reverse global warming, that won't help them tomorrow. It didn't hurt anyone and if people thought it was a waste of time they didn't have to go. I think she just wants to fight for fighting sake.

This is a very good post. Sherri had some excellent input during the discussion. Even Whoopi did not have a problem with it. Joy made herself look even worse than usual today.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2667385;
    This is a very good post. Sherri had some excellent input during the discussion. Even Whoopi did not have a problem with it. Joy made herself look even worse than usual today.
    I loved Sherri's analysis using Joys clothes. And as for global warming, I remember in the 70's we were facing a water shortage because the ice/snow was NOT melting and flowing into the streams and rivers.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2667385;
    Joy made herself look even worse than usual today.
    A true achievement considering the woman's a complete idiot.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Thanks to the comments on this board, I just finished watching the Bill O'Reilly interview. Wow ... I never in my life thought I'd be applauding Bill O'Reilly of all people of being a class act and a stand up guy. Who knew that Joy had it in her to make him appear that way?

I'd also say that since I've only seen mention of her behavior on this thread, and not covered on multiple media outlets, it's really an illustration of just how irrelevant she is on the show. If Elisabeth were to stand with her arms to her side refusing to physically acknowledge a guest like Susan Sarandon or Tim Robbins coming out, she'd be blasted 10 ways to Sunday on all sorts of shows. Joy does it, and no one notices.

She is such a pathetic woman. As tired as I think Barbara is, I'm kind of wishing these days for 5 days of Barbara, and just a couple each week from Joy. She's become rude and useless.

FORT Fogey

I think that it is because Joy is rude so often that it is not newsworthy. Plus the liberal media won't mention it because she is one of their biggest cheerleaders.

FORT Fogey

Sherri deserves a raise for the way she politely and forcefully was able to point out the stupidity and hypocrisy of Joy today. It's not okay to call HIllary Clinton a name, because she's a presidential candidate and deserves respect, but it IS okay to call the president names because JOY doesn't like him? Sherri was brillant. She handed Joy the rope, and just sat back and let her hang herself. And I enjoyed every minute of it as Joy sat there pouting realizing she'd been outsmarted by the new girl who needs to be led!

+ Reply to Thread