+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 1101 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344841345341034 ... LastLast
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

Hasn't Rosie said something in the past about Star's husband?

FORT Fogey

Rosie's Contract: She Can't Cut Her Hair

Rosie’s Contract: She Can’t Cut Her Hair

Read All About It HERE

Saturday, April 29, 2006

By Roger Friedman

Rosie O’Donnell’s new mega contract with ABC has one absolute proviso: the former talk show queen cannot cut her hair.

You may recall there was an uproar toward the end of Rosie’s run as a syndicated talk show host because she chopped off her locks to emulate Culture Club songstress Helen Terry.

O’Donnell’s enemies at Gruner + Jahr Publishing even used the wedge hair cut against her when they sued her for a million bucks after shutting down the “Rosie” magazine. They lost that battle. But ABC apparently wants Rosie to look as glamorous as possible when she sits down on “The View” among Joy Behar, Star Jones, and Debbie Hasselbeck.

And what about that table? O’Donnell tells me she will more than likely not sit at the far left, taking Meredith Vieira’s old chair. When “The View” returns in September from August reruns, the stage will likely be redesigned so Rosie is sitting in the middle.

“And there’ll be a curtain on that table,” O’Donnell quipped

You may wonder when and how this arrangement with "The View" came about. I was not surprised to be told that it all occurred on the night that HBO screened Rosie and her partner Kelli’s documentary about their gay family cruise line about a month ago. I distinctly recall Barbara Walters coming out of the screening room, wiping tears from her eyes. It was quite obvious as the mother of an adopted daughter, she was incredibly moved.

Apparently, on the spot Walters asked O’Donnell if she’d be interested in taking Vieira’s job should the latter bolt for the Today Show. Rosie didn’t believe it, and responded, “Sure. Call me.”

And that’s what Walters did the minute she knew for certain that Vieira was leaving "The View." It was a smart choice, because O’Donnell’s empathy and sincerity radiate from the television set. At the same time, she doesn’t suffer fools gladly. If nothing else, “The View” will become appointment television, edgy and worth watching—particularly if O’Donnell and Hasselbeck, who has identified herself as right wing—tangle on issues involving gay parenting, adoption, abortion, etc.

Joining “The View,” O’Donnell says, will also be ideal for two other reasons: she can leave the city by 12:30 pm and be home with her kids when they return from school. And she’s not carrying an entire show on her back. She has co-hosts who will help with the burden of a five times a week live broadcast.

“She wants to play with friends,” says a source. And now she’ll get to do that.

I wish the headline said: Rosie’s Contract: She Can’t Open Her Mouth

Now wouldn't it be wonderful if adding O'donnel gets rid of Star and the awful Elizabeth at the same time? I don't like Rosie anymore (since she left her show) but if adding her causes the other two to leave then so be it...

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    Now wouldn't it be wonderful if adding O'donnel gets rid of Star and the awful Elizabeth at the same time? I don't like Rosie anymore (since she left her show) but if adding her causes the other two to leave then so be it...
    Couldn't agree more. I might consider watching then.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I, personally like Rosie and think she will bring a little "fire" to the show.....I'm not a big watcher of "The View" but I might be more likely to tape it now that she is on it....and btw..her documentary about her cruise was a wonderfully moving story about families and how for once, adults and kids alike, felt "normal" without worrying about backlash or comments from outsiders......beautiful film
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    I, personally like Rosie and think she will bring a little "fire" to the show.....I'm not a big watcher of "The View" but I might be more likely to tape it now that she is on it....and btw..her documentary about her cruise was a wonderfully moving story about families and how for once, adults and kids alike, felt "normal" without worrying about backlash or comments from outsiders......beautiful film
    I agree with you! And I also appreciate your more positive outlook. After all, our attitudes are all we can really control.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

To be totally honest here, I think its ABC's way of competing with Ellen. As ridiculous as that is.

Since Rosie was the "IT" talk show before Ellen, they probably think this will help.

I think it will just make it more loud and more obnoxious than it already is. I think the key is to not have them all at one table anymore. Its ridiculous.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

interesting........

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/newslink/14639/

Star Jones: Leaving 'The View'?

May 3, 2006

Is STAR JONES seeking a different "View"? Sources from inside Star's camp today are telling ET that she could be leaving "The View" this August, and that it's really "no secret." Star is also reportedly already shopping around another talk show.

In response, a spokesman for "The View" released the following statement: "Star is part of 'The View' family."

MEREDITH VIEIRA recently announced her departure from the chatfest, as she will take over KATIE COURIC's "Today" show post in September when Katie moves to anchor the "CBS Evening News."

Meanwhile, ROSIE O'DONNELL is joining "The View" in the fall as Vieira's replacement, it was announced Friday by BARBARA WALTERS at the Daytime Emmy Awards.

"We are thrilled that Rosie, one of the greatest stars in the history of daytime television, has agreed to join us on 'The View.' What an exciting way to begin our 10th season," Walters said.

Rosie has been openly critical of Star for not revealing how she lost all that weight, fueling rumors that the two aren't on the best of terms.

Watch ET for the latest on Star Jones and any "View" updates!

I love Rosie. I think she got caught up in her own fame as her talk show ended. She always was forthright and and she didn't take crap.
    Star leaving?? From the gossip columns to ABC's ear!! *fingers crossed*
    Rosie will bury Elisabeth.. I hope she's shopping around for a new talk show too.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Star getting a talk show?

I can't undertand who and where are these legions of Star Jones fans. Everyone I know of several different race and ethnic groups, can't stand her. Can you imagine how many times she would turn the conversation towards herself in a one hour talk show with her as the only host?

+ Reply to Thread