+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1556Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2661542;
    Idiots that are college educated with good paying jobs and a nice loving home.
    Yes, college educated idiots -it's called learning by rote, which differs greatly from thinking and reasoning. I've know plenty of people who've gotten a degree without having the slightest idea of how actually think through something and use the conclusions they've arrived at appropriately.

And good paying jobs? Well, let's see. Who's a completely blithering idiot who makes a lot of money? Bush, perhaps. Or maybe Anne Coulter. Or how about Danielle Steele? I'm not entirely certain she blithers, but judging by her writing she has an IQ of approximately 85, and she's rolling in dough. Or any one of a number of models (the vapid ones, that is - they're not all quite brain dead), who make a few million a year without having to think about anything at all.

And nearly every idiot's mother loves them, so I don't really see what a "loving home" has to do with anything.
    Last edited by hepcat; 11-11-2007 at 09:37 PM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Wiki took down the spoiler I posted earlier.
    Someones obviously enjoying themselves messing with the entry there because they changed it to 'George Adolf' before that too was deleted, according to the site where I read about the original entry.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

It is interesting that people out there who think that Elisabeth is narrowminded are, in reality, the narrowminded ones.

I can not think of anyone with differing political opinions that I strongly dislike to the degree that people feel about Elisabeth. I even think Alec Baldwin is a good actor and he and I are on totally different ends of the political spectrum.

I wish Tim and Elisabeth and their sweet little baby all the best.

I do not remotely object to her political opinions, I object to the fact that she's a blithering idiot. I have plenty of friends whose political, religious and social ideologies differ from my own, and I have the utmost respect for them, and the occasional argument with them. I have the utmost respect for some people on this board whose opinions differ strongly from my own. And why do I respect all these people who are not like me? Because they're not blithering idiots.

And I strongly believe that Hasselbeck is a blithering idiot.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Elisabeth is a beautiful, moral, well spoken person and I respect her greatly.

January can not arrive soon enough for me.

FORT Fogey

I'm curious -- what makes Elisabeth stand out as a blithering idiot above any of the other women on the show? I've heard her criticized for just blindly repeating what she hears on Fox News, and while I don't think that's entirely true, I can appreciate where the criticism comes from. But while I can see that in Elisabeth, I also can see where a criticism can come that Joy blindly repeats everything she reads in the NY Times. I can see where criticism can come that Sherri just talks without learning much about anything. I can see where criticsm can come that Barbara just repeats the same 5 stories ad nauseum. And I can see where criticism could come that Whoopi is closed off to any point of view that does not jive with her own.

Rattus, you've said its not ideology, and I believe you. What exactly is it that makes Elisabeth a blithering idiot, but the rest of the women on the show are pretty much okay? How does she stand out?

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    Rattus, you've said its not ideology, and I believe you. What exactly is it that makes Elisabeth a blithering idiot, but the rest of the women on the show are pretty much okay? How does she stand out?
    Actually, I don't particularly care for anyone on the show, though I have enjoyed Whoopi in the general entertainment venue in the past (she's quite funny and seems pretty sharp). I honestly can't give a concrete reason why Elisabeth bugs me more than everyone else (aside from appearing to be fairly stupid), but she does, in the same way that while Charlton Heston and Tom Selleck appear to have similar ideologies, I quite like Tom Selleck and absolutely despite Charlton Heston, and I can't begin to tell you why.

And I have to say that ideology frequently has little to do with my opinion of people - I loathe both Streisand and Michael Moore quite as much as I loathe Bush and Heston.

FORT Fogey

Is anybody watching live? What's the kid's name?

Taylor

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sherri's screaming segment has been unbearable! I just want to stuff a sock in her mouth. How unnecesssary.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread