+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1383Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2656778;
    It is about time J Lo admitted what the world has been able to see for a while now. J Lo has never been one to shun publicity so it is a little contradictory for her now to want privacy. While she was with P. Diddy and Ben Affleck there was not a bigger publicity whore out there than her.
    Post-Ben Affleck, J-Lo has been very low key about her personal life. So has Ben for that matter. I think that both of them learned their lesson from the whole mess they created in all of their "look at us! Look at us! Oh wait, now it's bad news - leave us alone!"

I hope that someone, somewhere is able to give Whoopi a bit of a talking to. She started out so great on the show, doing such a great job of moderating and making sure everyone got their 2 cents in. Now, I fear she's going down a road worse than Rosie!

FORT Fanatic

I do think celebs have a right to a personal life. The thing with J-lo is that she is " ANNOUNCING" that she is pregnant. It is a little funny because with something like being pregnant it is so obvious when she is showing in a big way. It is sort of a joke to announce it! Like we didn't know or that she was waiting for what??? Once you are showing that much it is sort of past the scary time. Once enough people have figured it out what is really the big deal with saying yes I am expecting!

I think it is actually a sort of reverse attention getter, everyone knows she knows we all know but I am not going to confirm till the end of my concert tour so everyone will stick with me and my husband to see. She got tons more attention and media play by not announcing!

There are stars that do want to keep it private but they sort of stay out of the limelight for awhile before they announce. They don't go on stage wearing obvious camo or spandex that hugs the body under the tent so we can all see. It is all really silly and at this point her announcement is more like a "duh" tell me something I didn't know.

Sherry wanting to know is like all of us with anyone who announces they are pregnant. Oh did you know so and so is pregnant whether it is a celeb or it is someone from school or church or work. It is a life changing event and especially for those who want us to adore them to act like it is some hugely private thing. Hello, you are double the size and um oh look you are pushing a stroller! If you only want to be known for your work than don't appear at photog moments like the red carpet or any other venue! Sure they can't help if they are stalked but they can limit a whole lot of it!

FORT Fogey

To me, the offensive thing about that argument was not the position that either of them had on the debate - it was Whoopi's comment about "leading" Sherri. That was so demeaning it was pathetic on Whoopi's part. It was quite evident that Sherri felt that way, given that she could not even go to a response to it all. Sherri did a GREAT job of not going there, and joking her way out of it. But I felt very bad for her having to sit there on national TV and be treated like a 5 year old on a probationary time with the show.

Just read on ABC.com that Monday's show will be Hot Topics for the entire show. I know I've always said they should do that, as it's always my favorite part of the show. And it looks like Laura Ingraham (an American conservative talk radio host and author, according to Wiki) is the guest co-host. Should be a really interesting show, especially with the whole Whoopi/Sherri thing that's going on right now.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey

I hope that Laura goes in as the strong debater she can be instead of the confrontational chip-on-her-shoulder person she can also be. If she does, it'll be a good show.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Ugh! i really want to like Whoopi and i initially did, but now she comes across to me as heavy handed. I can only handle her in small doses.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Hasselbeck Hatches
    Posted Nov 10th 2007 12:45PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Baby Watch, The View

"View" co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck gave birth to a baby boy on Friday, ABC announced, but you're going to have to wait to find out the name. Can you stand it?

The conservative mouthpiece's son weighs in at 7 pounds, 15 ounces, but Hasselbeck is waiting to reveal the name until Monday -- when she'll call into "The View" and share the name with her friends and all of America. Is there no end to the excitement?

Hey, it's still sweeps.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Didn't she tell the audience that she was having a girl? (Not that I really care.)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2659728;
    Didn't she tell the audience that she was having a girl? (Not that I really care.)
    No, they did not want to find out the sex of the baby ahead of time. They were the same way with their first one.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

but you're going to have to wait to find out the name. Can you stand it?
    Don't really care that much.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread