+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree976Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Because they got free tickets and they can go? Just a thought.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

For a show like that, you have to request the tickets. If they cared enough to request the tickets, and are oblivous enough to what is discussed on the show to know what they're talking about, I'm perfectly okay with them sitting there in the dark waiting for hot topics to be over and the first guest to come out.

FORT Fogey

Joy is always annoying. Any chance of her going on vacation any time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2656226;
    What was Sherri talking about chemotherapy and radiation in relation to diabetes?? Is there something that I don't know about diabetes that has come about requiring chemo and radiation?? One of us may need to do a bit more reading. Who knows, maybe it's me!
    She was saying that Diabetes is a disease you can easily control and not have to have radical therapies like chemo or radiation. She wasn't saying that they were treatments for diabetes.

I'm so sick of Whoopi trying to 'educate' Sherri every day.
    She seems to take great delight in seizing on comments Sherri has made, slapping on that WTF? face then schooling her in the (supposed) error of her ways.
    I don't agree with much Sherri says, but I'm so sick of how Whoopi threats her that I fast forwarded through much of Hot Topics today when the latest lecture started after Sherri said it was about time JLo announced her pregnancy.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2656592;
    I'm so sick of Whoopi trying to 'educate' Sherri every day.
    She seems to take great delight in seizing on comments Sherri has made, slapping on that WTF? face then schooling her in the (supposed) error of her ways.
    I don't agree with much Sherri says, but I'm so sick of how Whoopi threats her that I fast forwarded through much of Hot Topics today when the latest lecture started after Sherri said it was about time JLo announced her pregnancy.
    I agree! I'd have a lot more respect for Whoopi's points of view if she could display some level of respect for others, including (perhaps especially) Sherri's. The arrogant way that she seems to argue from the standpoint of "I don't think you understand ..." (because if you did, you'd think like me) is as annoying as Joy's assumption that the audience has no idea what is happening in the world.

I agree with you, Fluff. It annoyed me that Whoopi asked Sherri to be quiet so she could get her point out then proceeded to cut Sherri off when it was her turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2656606;
    I agree! I'd have a lot more respect for Whoopi's points of view if she could display some level of respect for others, including (perhaps especially) Sherri's. The arrogant way that she seems to argue from the standpoint of "I don't think you understand ..." (because if you did, you'd think like me) is as annoying as Joy's assumption that the audience has no idea what is happening in the world.
    No kiddin'
    Whenever they mention Guiliani I wait for Joy to stop the conversation to make sure everyone in the audience knows about 9/11.

Whoopi is clearly very disinterested in the lives of celebrities and I think Sherri has a good point in that it's quite possible she isn't interested in celebrities because she is one.
    The View is all about celebrities. They ignore weighty or political topics every day so they can discuss Paris and Britney during Hot Topics and the second half of the program is more often than not devoted to celebrity interviews.
    Clearly TPTB think people watching the show have an interest in the rich and famous or we might have actually gotten round to the discussion of the current situation in Pakistan that we were promised in Hot Topics days ago.

I imagine a lot of people thought 'finally' when JLo announced her pregnancy.
    Whoopi seemed to be really belittling Sherri when she asked her what difference it made to her to have if confirmed.
    Why does it have to make any difference to her?
    What if Sherri simply wanted to have the satisfaction of saying "ha, I knew it!"?
    I wouldn't mind Whoopi's disdain for the celebrity Hot Topics if she attempted to steer the conversation round to things she considered more important, but she doesn't.
    She's very quick to weigh-in on the Britney parenting debate and even supports Britney's apparent inability to parent because she's only "12".
    She'll get in up to ger knees in celebrity-related chit chat if it's something that interests her, but if she's not interested she pours scorn on anyone else that might be.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

In all honesty, I think i agree more with Whoopi's position on the debate than Sherri's. I do think that its entirely up to celebrities how much personal information they divulge, and respect the choices made by those who say "I'll announce when a movie is coming out, or when I'm doing an album. But when I get married and when I hae children is for me, not the public". That said, I still buy People and Us, and love to read the information from celebrities who CHOOSE to share more about their personal lives.

I side with Whoopi on this one in terms of the content of the debate. But the way she goes about expressing her views -and an absolute intolerance of their being another point of view - is something else entirely. What's the point of being on a show that celebrates a vareity of points of view if you don't believe that any point of view is acceptable except your own?

FORT Fogey

Whoopi has been pretty condescending to Sherri. If Sherri enjoys celebrity gossip then that is her right, just like it is Whoopi's to be disinterested in it. But don't try to put her down about it.

It is about time J Lo admitted what the world has been able to see for a while now. J Lo has never been one to shun publicity so it is a little contradictory for her now to want privacy. While she was with P. Diddy and Ben Affleck there was not a bigger publicity whore out there than her.

+ Reply to Thread