+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: The View

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: The View

Everything is so much better when bab's and her mouth aren't there. Whoo!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, maybe BW will stick up for her staff, but it's also been alleged....more than once....that she has also stabbed people in the back. I wouldn't trust her as far as a toddler could throw her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I really just thought, for journalistic integrity sake, she'd keep whatever to herself. This has nothing to do with her so it's just a way to bring attention to herself. She usually kisses up to whoever she's interviewed.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2653274;
    I really just thought, for journalistic integrity sake, she'd keep whatever to herself. This has nothing to do with her so it's just a way to bring attention to herself. She usually kisses up to whoever she's interviewed.
    And she usually gets slammed, here and elsewhere, when she does kiss up. Just consider the way she so carefully protected Paris when she was trying to get that interview. So she's slammed when she kisses up, and she's slammed when she's truthful about the behind the scenes goings on. Sounds to me like the classic damned if you do damned if you don't.

Regarding journalistic integrity -- Heather Mills was press saavy enough when she did that interview to understand that unless things were agreed to be off the record, everything she did in front of a reporter was fair game.

FORT Fogey

I guess Babs does get slammed either way, but I just do not like her. I think she would stab anyone in the back if it furthered her own "cause."

Which is why she should keep her nose out of it in general.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

Babs truly annoyed me today when they were talking about Oprah and her book club. Whoppi made the comment that her book club sold lots of books and Babs had to jump in with "When we endorse books they sell alot, too". Honey, this wasn't about you and no one cares.

FORT Fogey

My open letter to Joy Behar:

Dear Joy,

I am writing on behalf of all viewers of The View to assure you, we have brains. Qualitative research indicates that I'm in the norm of your show's audience in that I have a high school diploma and a college degree. In addition to watching The View, I watch the news. I watch it on multiple networks. I watch entertainment gossip shows like ET and E! News Daily too. In short, I am aware of what is happening in the world.

In addition, the memory portion of my brain - like most of your viewers - works quite well. When a topic is discussed in hot topics for several days, I remember it.

Why am I informing you of this you may be asking? Well Joy, the reason is simple. I am not only sick and tired, but I am becoming insulted by your incessant need to explain the background of EVERYTHING to the audience. You don't get access to some sort of secret news that no one else knows because you're on The View. Trust us -- we know the background. Please, please, I am begging you please - STOP ASKING THE AUDIENCE IF THEY KNOW THE BACKGROUND. We know it. Just shut up and talk.

Love,

Veruka The View Viewer.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, this show is far from perfect, and people are still talking over each other, but it sure is nice not to hear that screeching, manic parakeet going on and on. It is a definite vacation for a lot of us!

What was Sherri talking about chemotherapy and radiation in relation to diabetes?? Is there something that I don't know about diabetes that has come about requiring chemo and radiation?? One of us may need to do a bit more reading. Who knows, maybe it's me!

And, Veruka, I am no longer amazed at how many people don't know what is going on in the world around them....much less just next door or down the block from them or in their own city. Some people choose not to know. Some people honestly don't know. On a show like this, where people may have just stumbled onto tickets or not, I think it can be important for people to be brought up to speed. I've never understood the people who choose not to know, but they are out there in masses.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

prhoshay, I'm not talking about her filling people in on things like who the presidential candidates are, or what is going on with elections in Pakistan. I'm talking about things like "Do you guys know who Don Imus is?" or "Do you guys know what's going on with Britney Spears?" or "Do you guys know that Marie fainted on DWTS?" She stops to catch the audience up for such simple basic trivial stuff. Sure, there are probably people who don't know about Imus. But what are the chances that people not interested enough in pop culture to know about one of those topics woudl be interested enough in The View to be in the audience ... espeically considering the frequency of such topics being discussed on the show!

+ Reply to Thread