+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: The View

For some reason, despite not being on Heather Mills' side, i thought it was unnecessary for Bab's to say that Heather was difficult to interview.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Yes, what has happened to Babs being neutral as a "journalist"? Maybe she was bad mouthing Heather to try and get an interview with McCartney?

Either way, there are always two sides and I do not understand why everyone is jumping on Heather Mills. They are getting divorced, there was no pre-nup, so she is entitled to whatever the judge awards her like anyone else would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2650780;
    For some reason, despite not being on Heather Mills' side, i thought it was unnecessary for Bab's to say that Heather was difficult to interview.
    Why? Journalists talk all of the time about difficult interviews... what did Barbara say was the reason that she was difficult to interview?

She said she was hard on her people. An example she used was she asked for a glass of water and when she got it she complained that it wasn't room temperature. It sounded to me like Babs thought that she needed to come off her high horse.

FORT Fogey

Barabara's comments bothered me a little bit for a couple of reasons - none of which have to do with being unfair to Heather Mills. First, she's told the story before. I don't think its necessary for her to share the story every time that Heather Mills is in the news. But that of course just puts that story up there with bathing with her daughter, washing underwear in the sink, and the countless other stories she tells over and over and over.

The bigger reason it annoyed me was that she wanted to mention it, but didn't appear to want their to be any discussion on it. Why not? Why can Barbara comment on Heather Mills, but if Sherri, Joy, or Whoopi have any thoughts, or any questions,they can't speak. I'm not a big fan of the way Barbara can use the hot topics forum as her personal conduit to the American public. If a topic is relevant enough to discuss in hot topics (and that one is) then it seems to me that its relevant enough for ALL panel members to discuss.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, maybe it's up to her panel to tell her that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Knowing that Heather ticked off Babs makes me like her, lol.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2651688;
    Knowing that Heather ticked off Babs makes me like her, lol.
    It makes me like Babs a little more to know that she's not okay with her staff being dis-respected for the sake of a big get.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2651723;
    It makes me like Babs a little more to know that she's not okay with her staff being dis-respected for the sake of a big get.
    I agree...it's good to know that Barbara will stick up for her staff and isn't afraid to voice her opinion about someone she disagrees with. I mean, that's what I feel The View is about, and obviously I don't think Barbara should hold back if she has an opinion about Heather Mills, as well as evidence to back it up.

I'm seriously considering doing the Christmas carol video to try and win that car that they talked about on today's show. Gotta get my creative juices flowing and think of which song to use and put in and some clever lyrics!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;2652290;
    I'm seriously considering doing the Christmas carol video to try and win that car that they talked about on today's show. Gotta get my creative juices flowing and think of which song to use and put in and some clever lyrics!
    HOW FUN!!! do you think you can work in the words "FORT" and "Toby" so we know it is YOU!!

+ Reply to Thread