+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2640575;
    When Babs came out in that whole get up she was wearing, I thought she looked like Norma Desmond, lol.
    That's who I thought she was! She looked like Carol Burnett when she used to do the Nora Desmond sketch At least Barbara didn't do her Marilyn Monroe impersonation again. The year she talked liked Marilyn for the whole show was just painful!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiankitty;2645877;
    That's who I thought she was! She looked like Carol Burnett when she used to do the Nora Desmond sketch At least Barbara didn't do her Marilyn Monroe impersonation again. The year she talked liked Marilyn for the whole show was just painful!
    I'm just now getting over the nightmares that gave me

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

When i saw the Mac & Cheese in the opening clips, it looked very hearty and tasty. But it may as well have given me heart burn and clogged and artery.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

The Mac & Cheese looked fantastic!! I bet it would be pretty expensive to make though, the cost of cheese is ridicuous these days.

As for the clogged arteries comments, I wouldn't worry. It is not like it is a dish that someone would prepare and eat every day. For special meals, eat and enjoy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I noticed there was Velveeta in the mac and cheese recipe, along with all the more gourmet cheeses....a definite oddity. What did people to do make mac&cheese before Velveeta?

FORT Fogey

I think she said something about Velveeta being in there for the color.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2647445;
    I think she said something about Velveeta being in there for the color.
    Oy! Why not just dump in some red dye #2? I thought maybe it had some kind of binder that would help the cheeses blend smoothly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2647880;
    Oy! Why not just dump in some red dye #2? I thought maybe it had some kind of binder that would help the cheeses blend smoothly.
    Maybe because Velveeta is not red, lol.

But it is good though.

FORT Fanatic

Velveeta has a much more "orangy" color to it than the other paler cheeses and so to give it color or the traditional cheese color she added it. I think it would be a great dish to take to Thanksgiving because it is a once a year take a sampling and move on with no guilt.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2649121;
    Velveeta has a much more "orangy" color to it than the other paler cheeses and so to give it color or the traditional cheese color she added it. I think it would be a great dish to take to Thanksgiving because it is a once a year take a sampling and move on with no guilt.
    Good IDEA! And sometimes we all need some comfort, depending on whom else is at the Thanksgiving Day table

+ Reply to Thread