+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1315Likes

Thread: The View

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2643974;
    I could not believe that macaroni and cheese dish that was prepared today on the show. It was ridiculous to the point that you should probably be on the cardiac cath table if you even eat a little of it!
    In some cultures Macaroni and Cheese this rich is an art form. It's not for the everyday and it's a side dish, not the main course. No one food is responsible for cardiac health, or ill health, it's eating habits over a lifetime. This is as cultural and comfortable as it is food.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree about the "art form" statement, for sure. And, about the cardiac references....yes, I know that, and........about the "lifetime of habits"....let's lighten up and laugh! That is the spirit in which it was meant. You know, like calling fettucini alfredo a "heart attack on a plate"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh, I thought that Mac & Cheese looked deeeeelish! I wanted to make it immediately.

Jerry Seinfeld is the guest on Monday! I am a huge fan of Seinfeld (the show) and Jerry's stand-up, so I can't wait to see him.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;2644365;
    Oh, I thought that Mac & Cheese looked deeeeelish! I wanted to make it immediately.

Jerry Seinfeld is the guest on Monday! I am a huge fan of Seinfeld (the show) and Jerry's stand-up, so I can't wait to see him.
    Seinfeld was very rude to Larry King last night. Larry King asked him if his show was in danger of being cancelled when he quit it. Then Jerry started going on about how his show was on the top when he stopped the show. He said, what network is this? I can't believe this is CNN. Doesn't anyone check the facts around here. He went on and on for several minutes. He just sounded really snobby about it. He knows Larry King is old and fumbles on most of his interviews so he should have just let it go.

I have always thought Seinfeld to be an arrogant jerk. We'll see how he does on Monday, I guess.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2644935;
    I have always thought Seinfeld to be an arrogant jerk. We'll see how he does on Monday, I guess.
    Do you think anyone will bring up the plagerizism charges against his wife?

He's been vocal about it so I am sure they will. I hope they talk more about the movie, though.

I checked on the View's website for that macaroni and cheese recipe and have pasted it below for anyone who might be interested.

My jaw dropped when she was going over how many different kinds of cheeses, all those eggs, all that half and half, etc., and then when she started mixing it together with her hands. Yikes! All I could think of was this was a definite heart attack in the making but, boy, I would so love to whip it up and taste it!

AH HA! Macaroni and Cheese
    (Serves 12 to 16)

Ingredients:
    2 pounds elbow macaroni
    12 eggs
    1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
    ½ pound (2 sticks) butter, melted
    6 cups half-and-half
    4 cups grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese
    2 cups grated extra sharp white cheddar cheese
    1½ cups grated mozzarella cheese
    1 cup grated Asiago cheese
    1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
    1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
    1 cup grated Muenster cheese
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon black pepper

Directions:
    Preheat the oven to 325°F. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until still slightly al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside to keep warm. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Combine the Velveeta, butter, and two cups of the half-and-half in a large bowl. Add the warm macaroni, tossing until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining half-and-half, three cups of the sharp yellow cheddar cheese, the remaining grated cheeses, and salt and pepper, tossing until completely combined.Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13-inch casserole or baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining one cup of sharp yellow cheddar cheese and bake until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes more. Serve hot.

FORT Fanatic

i saw seinfeld on letterman this past week, and didn't enjoy him at all. then read a bad review of his bee movie, and was glad.

missed the mac and cheese show...who was the person who made it and mixed it with their hands?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2645253;
    I checked on the View's website for that macaroni and cheese recipe and have pasted it below for anyone who might be interested.

My jaw dropped when she was going over how many different kinds of cheeses, all those eggs, all that half and half, etc., and then when she started mixing it together with her hands. Yikes! All I could think of was this was a definite heart attack in the making but, boy, I would so love to whip it up and taste it!

AH HA! Macaroni and Cheese
    (Serves 12 to 16)

Ingredients:
    2 pounds elbow macaroni
    12 eggs
    1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
    ½ pound (2 sticks) butter, melted
    6 cups half-and-half
    4 cups grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese
    2 cups grated extra sharp white cheddar cheese
    1½ cups grated mozzarella cheese
    1 cup grated Asiago cheese
    1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
    1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
    1 cup grated Muenster cheese
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon black pepper

Directions:
    Preheat the oven to 325°F. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until still slightly al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside to keep warm. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Combine the Velveeta, butter, and two cups of the half-and-half in a large bowl. Add the warm macaroni, tossing until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining half-and-half, three cups of the sharp yellow cheddar cheese, the remaining grated cheeses, and salt and pepper, tossing until completely combined.Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13-inch casserole or baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining one cup of sharp yellow cheddar cheese and bake until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes more. Serve hot.
    Can you imagine what it would cost to make this???

I remember that Star also had a monster mac and cheese dish that she makes.

I don't think I would make either one, but I would love to taste both. I'm all about simpler, but yummy-good, foods (especially if I'm making them!).

And don't forget to figure the cost for the angioplasty in with the recipe costs!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread