+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243831335331033 ... LastLast
Like Tree1603Likes

Thread: The View

I was flipping channels, saw Barbara's dried up puss and stopped... right in time to see...

Barbara introducing Rosie on the Daytime Emmys, where they joked about "The Internet" but then verified that Rosie starts in September. Lots of schmoozing and "my friend" statements were involved. No animals were harmed in the testing of this schmoozing routine, which we will obviously have to put up with in September, supposing of course that we actually WATCH "The View".

Star Jones and the others were nowhere to be found, although I understand they are at this Daytime Emmy thing.

If this is the Daytime Emmys, why do they appear to be airing it live in Prime Time? Is Friday Prime Time worth so little?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Now now... you know Babs picked Rosie cause Rosie knows how to win Emmy's. Which Babs want more than anything, is a case full of Emmy's.

I also find it hard to believe that Rosie will come into the group and be a positive. She does not play well with others. She has to be the one in control.

Rosie has spent the last 5 years being a rude loud mouth. For some reason I see Joy being the one Rosie ends up fighting with.

Joy has always been consider the "comedian" of the show. I find it hard to believe that Joy wants Rosie there. I always found Joy annoying as hell... and she is now going to step it up with Rosie there throwing joke's around.

If Star had any self respect... she would get a job back on the news channels for their crime stuff. I just saw her a couple of weeks ago hosting Larry King and doing the crime stuff. Maybe with that kind of move she will be forced to find her brain again. And stop with all the goofiness she develope since she got herself a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post

I was being very sarcastic a few posts back, I never thought they would actually consider putting Rosie on there (for more than anything than a guest host)

I guess this show will really get cancelled now.

Talk about balanced... Geez.

An obnoxious loudmouth with a 2-track mind... Gay issues and GWB hatred.

I hope Elizabeth has been looking for another gig. Maybe she can get a job at the white house. They seem to be hiring.

Star also should be dusting off her law licence because i can see even a liberal like her clashing with Rosie.

should be interesting.
    If I was going to watch (which I'm not because I don't like Rosie anymore) the GWB bashing days would be the absolute best.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    They really should change the name of this show to One View plus Elisabeth. As much as I hate the term, it has severely jumped the shark for me. Consider Rosie the shark. Or Fonzie.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Personally, I Can't Wait!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm not sure I'm gonna want to watch it now. As much as I love Star, Joy, and Elizabeth, I can't stomach Rosie O.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I just saw that too. Emmys were delayed due to basketball playoffs.

Wow! I think you're right about Joy being the comedian, although Star sure tries her hand at it. Should be interesting. She's definitely opinionated and will add to the panel.

On a side note. Elisabeth's dress was so ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol View Post
    I just saw that too. Emmys were delayed due to basketball playoffs.

Wow! I think you're right about Joy being the comedian, although Star sure tries her hand at it. Should be interesting. She's definitely opinionated and will add to the panel.
    Will she? I think the point many are making is that she brings very little new to the table. They have far left politics already. They have overweight references (I know, even though Star isn't overweight anymore, they still talk about it, right?). They have their comedian. They have lots of prattle about their children (oops, maybe they are losing that with Meredith). But what they DEFINITELY won't have when they lose Meredith is a news person, unless Barbara switches to full time.

Plus, it's just hard to not see the Star vs. Rosie thing as anything but a gimmick. The fact that Rosie might also chafe against Joy (who already chafes against Star) is just gravy. For all that chafing, existing and possible, it's not like these women are going to be all that far apart in the viewpoints. The show will wind up even more circus-like than it already is, yet without any substantiative discussion. At all.

I mean I joked about Roseanne Barr before, but at least her point of view would have been different. If still loud. But really, what they needed was someone serious.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Krom said:
    Barbara introducing Rosie on the Daytime Emmys, where they joked about "The Internet" but then verified that Rosie starts in September.
    I don't think this is gonna work well. Sparks will fly!

Krom also said:
    But really, what they needed was someone serious.
    Oh Rosie is serious... sometimes TOO serious. Her points of view are not the type where she's moderate or meets someone halfway. She sees herself as a crusader. Fine if you agree with her but I think she's the type who will get nasty with anyone who doesn't. She sees it as 'truth telling'.

I read her blog sometimes but sometimes it also is a bit angry for my taste. I think it is possible to have opinions without shouting them at people.

Thanks for the info, Krom.

gaby said:
    Joy has always been consider the "comedian" of the show. I find it hard to believe that Joy wants Rosie there. I always found Joy annoying as hell... and she is now going to step it up with Rosie there throwing joke's around.
    Very good point. I see this ending in hair pulling. We thought the Joy/Star feud was bad!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    She's too much of a strong personality.
    i like rosie, but i can see star not being too happy it

+ Reply to Thread