+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2639133;
    That wasn't Sherri's only irritating quality today. I was also extremely irritated with her antics during the Tim Daly interview as well. She asked him a question about something that had happened to him in his hotel. He started to answer but then she interrupted him to sniff his neck and tell him that she didn't find him stinky.. and that little fawning took far too long. She didn't even take the hint when Whoopi teasingly went behind her and separated her from laying on TD.... she then proceeded to interrupt his very next story as well. It was embarrassing for her, but somehow I don't think she has that level of realization.
    Sherri, Whoopi, and Merry had me cracking up during the Tim Daly interview, and I thought he rolled with it with no problems at all. To me, it was evident when TIm started telling the hotel story that he wasn't all that enthused about telling it - that it was the boredom of a pre-interview being worked in to a tease. I've heard women so many times speculating about what various hot male stars smell like tha I thought her sniffing him ... and his sniffing her back ... was quite funny. At that point, it was Tim who detoured the interview to go back to the frozen embryo discussion. And I think Merry got hte line of the day at that point when she said "Want to help me out with that?"

w/o seeing the show yall are referring to. i can already kinda see where this show and this thread for that matter is going in the coming weeks, months, etc.

now that *E* is gone; looks like Sherri is going to get the brunt of the negative comments when anything transpires.

this will be interesting (I will be watching from a distance...)

Give me a break, Dogg. Perhaps watching the show might help to discern whether it's random "we're missing Elisabeth so we need a replacement target" comments, or our own ability to form a valid opinion. The distaste for Sherri's actions and comments have been present all along, it's just that they are now not going to be outweighed by the hatred for Elisabeth.

Sherri WAS irritating today. Tim Daly's ability to roll with the punches is testament to HIM and HIS professionalism.. not hers. And Whoopi and Merry were definitely hilarious.

Who is Merry, anyways? I missed the first 15 minutes.

I have no idea who she is. They showed a clip of her trying to interview Holly Hunter where the only thing that really was said was "welcome to the show" and she went blank. It was really painful to watch. That is all they said about her so who knows.

i mentioned both women in my post but made no connection or inferred anything

"looks like Sherri is going to get the brunt of the negative comments when anything transpires"

i was just making an observation/prediction that Sherri will be getting alot of negative comments,

i said i'll be *watching* to see what plays out.

feel free to revisit this post in a couple weeks and see if my prediction was right or wrong.

Nice try. You absolutely made an inference with the
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    now that *E* is gone; looks like Sherri is going to get the brunt of the negative comments when anything transpires.
    Your prediction is absolutely going to be correct.. I can agree with you 100% right now. But I still hold that Sherri received a large brunt of criticism from this forum even long before she was hired so it isn't difficult to make that logical prediction. That's as safe as betting on whether the sun is going to rise tomorrow.

And it's as safe as saying that as soon as Elisabeth returns you'll not notice the same complaints against Sherri as much. This forum's criticism of Elisabeth simply overshadows our ever present criticism of Sherri. That might be why you haven't noticed it before today.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2639211;
    I have no idea who she is. They showed a clip of her trying to interview Holly Hunter where the only thing that really was said was "welcome to the show" and she went blank. It was really painful to watch. That is all they said about her so who knows.
    We don't want to leave out that she referred to the station as "NBC", when it was "ABC". As I understood it, she's a reporter on an ABC affiliate.

ETA: This show has been rather lousy the past couple of days.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2639186;
    w/o seeing the show yall are referring to. i can already kinda see where this show and this thread for that matter is going in the coming weeks, months, etc.

this will be interesting (I will be watching from a distance...)
    My thoughts exactly.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2638690;

I can appreciate that the historical evolution of the pledge of allegience does matter in the discussion. And I can appreciate that anyone expressing a strong opinion on the issue is best served understanding that evolution. But I'm not sure that knowledge of that history does much of anything to dramatically strengthen the argument on either side of the debate.
    But Sherri does not believe in evolution.

Sorry, it's Halloween and an imp stole my computer. Really
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2639186;
    now that *E* is gone; looks like Sherri is going to get the brunt of the negative comments when anything transpires
    Personally, while my loathing for *E* is based entirely on this show (and her horrific personality), my loathing of Sherri goes back many, many years, and I've got to think that I'm not the only one.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread