+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1556Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Britney is a bad parent because she places those children in situations and takes them to places that are not in the best interests of their safety. Nobody ever addressed that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I think the parenting discussion was an example of Whoopi knowing the effects of celebrity. She was such a young parent (and was raised by a very young parent I believe) that she likely made many stupid mistakes. She probably recognizes that as a celebrity, if those stories ever got out, she'd be facing huge levels of scrutiny too. So I think she was projecting herself on Britney's story rather than judging Britney's parenting mistakes from an objective standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2630750;
    I think the parenting discussion was an example of Whoopi knowing the effects of celebrity. She was such a young parent (and was raised by a very young parent I believe) that she likely made many stupid mistakes. She probably recognizes that as a celebrity, if those stories ever got out, she'd be facing huge levels of scrutiny too. So I think she was projecting herself on Britney's story rather than judging Britney's parenting mistakes from an objective standpoint.
    Now that you say that I think you are right.

Yea, I think Whoopi has a way of debating that's very reasonable and I'm always impressed by it.

Changing subjects, I'm excited for the big Halloween bash that's going to be on Halloween next week This is one of my favorite times of the year!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78;2629396;
    I agree, it drove me mad listening to Whoopie dominate and shout over Sherrie. If you'll cheat and lie to your own spouse it says a lot about your character.
    I agree it's not a plus, but a lot of "great men" have been cheaters...FDR, Ike, JFK, RFK, MLK ... whereas Nixon is never rumored to have been a cheater and yet presided over the whole Watergate mess...so ethics in one situation don't seem to correlate all that well with ethics in another.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2631601;
    I agree it's not a plus, but a lot of "great men" have been cheaters...FDR, Ike, JFK, RFK, MLK ... whereas Nixon is never rumored to have been a cheater and yet presided over the whole Watergate mess...so ethics in one situation don't seem to correlate all that well with ethics in another.
    Funny, I was going to bring this up myself. Another notorious non-cheater? Hitler. Personally I don't give a rat's behind about the personal lives of anyone other than my husband and all those frequently hypocritical "family values" pushers.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2631765;
    Funny, I was going to bring this up myself. Another notorious non-cheater? Hitler. Personally I don't give a rat's behind about the personal lives of anyone other than my husband and all those frequently hypocritical "family values" pushers.
    I am also in agreement. The personal life of anyone, even a public figure, should be exactly that -- personal. Nor is anyone else's sexual orientation any of my business. What anyone does in the bedroom with a willing partner, unless it involves children or injury, is his/her own business and certainly wouldn't influence my vote.

From what I have read, you could count on the fingers of one hand the presidents who have not had their flings. European heads of state even more so.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2631601;
    Good point, but it still bothers me. I still would have to wonder exactly what I could believe and what I couldn't, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2633062;
    Good point, but it still bothers me. I still would have to wonder exactly what I could believe and what I couldn't, though.
    You are talking about politicians, wouldn't you still have to wonder exactly what you could believe and what you couldn't, no matter what?

Yeah......probably because I was married to a truth challenged/cheating man. Once you've crossed that line with me....oh well...........we've got a problem, and anyone who sees you as a "maybe" ...GOOD LUCK TO THEM! And what I'd have to say to them is.......................We all kick oursleves, in the end.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-27-2007 at 09:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread