+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1556Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #3241
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,528

    Re: The View

    Britney is a bad parent because she places those children in situations and takes them to places that are not in the best interests of their safety. Nobody ever addressed that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  2. #3242
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: The View

    I think the parenting discussion was an example of Whoopi knowing the effects of celebrity. She was such a young parent (and was raised by a very young parent I believe) that she likely made many stupid mistakes. She probably recognizes that as a celebrity, if those stories ever got out, she'd be facing huge levels of scrutiny too. So I think she was projecting herself on Britney's story rather than judging Britney's parenting mistakes from an objective standpoint.

  3. #3243
    FORT Fogey my3boyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,289

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2630750;
    I think the parenting discussion was an example of Whoopi knowing the effects of celebrity. She was such a young parent (and was raised by a very young parent I believe) that she likely made many stupid mistakes. She probably recognizes that as a celebrity, if those stories ever got out, she'd be facing huge levels of scrutiny too. So I think she was projecting herself on Britney's story rather than judging Britney's parenting mistakes from an objective standpoint.
    Now that you say that I think you are right.

  4. #3244
    FORT Fogey Toby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: The View

    Yea, I think Whoopi has a way of debating that's very reasonable and I'm always impressed by it.

    Changing subjects, I'm excited for the big Halloween bash that's going to be on Halloween next week This is one of my favorite times of the year!

    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

  5. #3245
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,705

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78;2629396;
    I agree, it drove me mad listening to Whoopie dominate and shout over Sherrie. If you'll cheat and lie to your own spouse it says a lot about your character.
    I agree it's not a plus, but a lot of "great men" have been cheaters...FDR, Ike, JFK, RFK, MLK ... whereas Nixon is never rumored to have been a cheater and yet presided over the whole Watergate mess...so ethics in one situation don't seem to correlate all that well with ethics in another.

  6. #3246
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2631601;
    I agree it's not a plus, but a lot of "great men" have been cheaters...FDR, Ike, JFK, RFK, MLK ... whereas Nixon is never rumored to have been a cheater and yet presided over the whole Watergate mess...so ethics in one situation don't seem to correlate all that well with ethics in another.
    Funny, I was going to bring this up myself. Another notorious non-cheater? Hitler. Personally I don't give a rat's behind about the personal lives of anyone other than my husband and all those frequently hypocritical "family values" pushers.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  7. #3247
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,350

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2631765;
    Funny, I was going to bring this up myself. Another notorious non-cheater? Hitler. Personally I don't give a rat's behind about the personal lives of anyone other than my husband and all those frequently hypocritical "family values" pushers.
    I am also in agreement. The personal life of anyone, even a public figure, should be exactly that -- personal. Nor is anyone else's sexual orientation any of my business. What anyone does in the bedroom with a willing partner, unless it involves children or injury, is his/her own business and certainly wouldn't influence my vote.

    From what I have read, you could count on the fingers of one hand the presidents who have not had their flings. European heads of state even more so.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  8. #3248
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,528

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2631601;
    I agree it's not a plus, but a lot of "great men" have been cheaters...FDR, Ike, JFK, RFK, MLK ... whereas Nixon is never rumored to have been a cheater and yet presided over the whole Watergate mess...so ethics in one situation don't seem to correlate all that well with ethics in another.
    Good point, but it still bothers me. I still would have to wonder exactly what I could believe and what I couldn't, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #3249
    Premium Member DesertRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Reno hell
    Posts
    3,487

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2633062;
    Good point, but it still bothers me. I still would have to wonder exactly what I could believe and what I couldn't, though.
    You are talking about politicians, wouldn't you still have to wonder exactly what you could believe and what you couldn't, no matter what?

  10. #3250
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,528

    Re: The View

    Yeah......probably because I was married to a truth challenged/cheating man. Once you've crossed that line with me....oh well...........we've got a problem, and anyone who sees you as a "maybe" ...GOOD LUCK TO THEM! And what I'd have to say to them is.......................We all kick oursleves, in the end.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-27-2007 at 09:25 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.