+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2624985;
    In the polls I've seen, 76.5% of Americans identify themselves as christian, and 59% as conservative/38% liberal/3% undecided. I can't quite work out the math, but it would seem to me that more (quite a bit more) than 15% are identifying themselves as conservative christians. In fact, it would actually seem to be majority.

I guess it depends on which polls you read. I got mine from Baptist News and Intellectual Conservative - trying to look like they have more members than they actually have, I suppose
    I am identifying "Christian Conservatives" as an organized voting block group. I identify myself as a Christian. I also identify myself as a conservative politically. But as a part of the group that follows leaders such as James Dobson and Ralph Perkins, I would not call myself a Christian Conservative. I disagree with the voting block on several issues including the legal status of abortion and the need for a gay marriage amendment.

Consider it this way -- if a majority that far over 50% from the numbers you quoted were Christian Conservative voters, then elections in this country woud not really ever be close.

But I think that the point Bee Stung Lips made is a very relevant one to this discussion -- the viewpoints of the panel members on The View matter a great deal with regards to the original point of Elisabeth and Sherri going against the grain. Especially before Sherri came along, Elisabeth's views were certainly out of the norm on The View panel. It could be argued that some on the panel were hostile towards such views. So in that environment, going against the grain means something all together different.
    Last edited by Veruka; 10-23-2007 at 10:40 AM.

I hope she decides she can't live apart from her husband and decides to stay in Arizona (or wherever it is he is moving to).

FORT Fogey

He's not a good enough football player to be staying in Arizona long term.

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;2625168;
    I hope she decides she can't live apart from her husband and decides to stay in Arizona (or wherever it is he is moving to).
    He's only signed until the end of the season.
    For Arizona, the season will end before the playoffs.
    She'll have to be shoehorned out of that job and if I was her so would I.
    A six figure salary for a couple of hours work a day?
    She'd be a fool to leave, imo, unless a better opportunity comes along.
    This move will not keep them out of New York for long.
    If it wasn't for the starter and back-up quarterbacks being injured Tim could probably have stayed in New York for all the chance there would have been of him actually starting a game.

I thought Hot Topics was so dull today.
    They seemed to take forever to get to Marie's faint.
    The second segment where they spent an age pointing out which pregnant women were having multiples did nothing for me either and I don't think anyone needed to hear about Babs bathing with Jackie again.

Elisabeth did a pretty good job with the favourite baby things segment and I liked seeing and hearing from Lance.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I'm so left leaning, I tilt when I walk. I don't agree with everything Elisebeth says. I think she's a bit short sighted. However, she is getting more poised and doing a better job on, The View. I appreciate hearing her point of view, even if I don't agree with it.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought today's show was pure torture!! I found it to be, pretty much, a total drag....but then I'm not that interested in baby stuff anymore. I guess the procreators deserve their time, too.

And as for the money they are going to pay Elisabeth's husband, they could pay to me and, easily, get just as much bang for their buck as they will get from him.

I just find celebrities pretty boring, for the most part.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Unlike babs, i wont miss Elizaditz.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2625445;
    Unlike babs, i wont miss Elizaditz.
    I know! Barbara just adores Elizabeth. She looked like she was going to cry as she was telling Elizabeth they would miss her. Nope..not a chance of Elizabeth quitting if Barbara has anything to do with it. I actually felt a little guilty for wanting Elizabeth gone as I watched her say her goodbyes. I saw a glimpse of the person I liked on Survivor. However, I know the minute she is back she will be back to spreading Bush and Hannity love!

I missed the very opening of the show today and wondered if anyone explained why Joy was not on board, especially since it was Elizabeth's last day. I know yesterday Whoopie was out due to a cold and Joy said that she also had a cold.

Elizabeth flying to Arizona.....is that all that safe at this stage of her pregnancy? When is her due date, how far along is she? Will the baby be born in AZ? I would think at this stage of her pregnancy, she is being seen by her OB-GYN on a weekly basis. I can't imagine going to a new doc this close to my due date!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2626607;
    I missed the very opening of the show today and wondered if anyone explained why Joy was not on board, especially since it was Elizabeth's last day. I know yesterday Whoopie was out due to a cold and Joy said that she also had a cold.

Elizabeth flying to Arizona.....is that all that safe at this stage of her pregnancy? When is her due date, how far along is she? Will the baby be born in AZ? I would think at this stage of her pregnancy, she is being seen by her OB-GYN on a weekly basis. I can't imagine going to a new doc this close to my due date!
    At the start of the show they said that Joy was out with a bad cold just as Whoopi had been yesterday.

Elisabeth's baby will be born in Arizona. She said when they announced her early leave that her doctor in NY had helped her locate a doctor in Arizona, and that she was very nervous about flying and changing doctors at this point, but that it was important to her for her family to be together for the birth.

+ Reply to Thread