+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 1107 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142821325321032 ... LastLast
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

I really doubt Rosie and Barbara Walters would get along... Barbara likes semi outspoken but controllable and sort of conservative types in my opinion. She loved Meredith and I remember an episode where they had to choose which woman on earth they would marry if they could and Babs chose Meredith. I think none of the other ones chose someone from the show although I can't remember who any of them did choose.

Rosie is too much of a wild card for controlled and controlling Barbara I think. Guest host yes, but I think the show should hire Soledad, get rid of "Star" who only likes to talk about herself (and dissed Kathy Griffin, whose comedy I like) and hire another new person too. I dunno who. But Rosie doesn't fit. (Plus, has Broadway and stuff, doesn't she?).

I could be wrong!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    As much as I would love it, I don't think it will happen for all of the reasons cited in previous posts. Maybe Rosie will just fill in until the permanent replacement is chosen. Can't you just see Elisabeth...she'd be fanning herself, clutching the pearls, and looking for a wall to stare at. "Dubya" would be main course of the day if Rosie got the job; Elisabeth's permanent face color wold be red! Rosie is an awfully strong personality...,and I love that!!

This should be pretty interesting!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was being very sarcastic a few posts back, I never thought they would actually consider putting Rosie on there (for more than anything than a guest host)

I guess this show will really get cancelled now.

Talk about balanced... Geez.

An obnoxious loudmouth with a 2-track mind... Gay issues and GWB hatred.

I hope Elizabeth has been looking for another gig. Maybe she can get a job at the white house. They seem to be hiring.

Star also should be dusting off her law licence because i can see even a liberal like her clashing with Rosie.

should be interesting.

Tolerating "The View" long enough to verify.

Man, Star looks like a drag queen now. Mixed with a Praying Mantis.

Ew. Why did I just waste an hour? Nothing said about Rosie. Lots of talk about tons of other really lame stuff.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Rosie? Wow! I can't believe it. She's the antithesis of Viera. It'll be a free for all, particularly on Babs free days!

MRD
    Oh, this should be good. I quit watching because of Elizabeth and I can't wait to seem extreme rabid liberalism (and I'm a liberal) clash with extreme, but idiotic views of Elizabeth's conservativism. Rosie will eat that one alive!

And Krom, Star does look like a drag queen. I have thought so for a while now.

Joy and Rosie will be funny I think. But between Rosie, Star and Joy, Eliz. and Barbara won't get a word in edgewise I think.

I used to be a HUGE fan of Rosie when she first started her talk show, but she got so extreme and angry and the whole attack on Tom Selleck and all that other nutso stuff she did, turned me off. Our daughter named our dog Rosie (hence my screename) for Rosie the first year her show was on the air back when she was funny and still nice. At least "our" Rosie is still funny and nice and doesn't have a big opinion on much besides beggin' strips vs. purina dog bones.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey
    I think that Rosie proved with her talk show that she can do some great things in daytime TV. I just don't see her being part of an ensemble. She may surprise me - she certainly did some good work acting as part of an ensemble. But she's been in the spotlight on her own for so long, I just can't picture her accepting a role where she has to stop talking and defer to her co-hosts some of the time.

I totally agree. That's why I think it will be a "drive-thru" until the actual person is selected.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Here it is! I'm shocked!! It's true!! Rosie is coming!! Wonder if she and Star got their issue(s) resolved?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...EWS11/60428002

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    ... and trade insults with Star--
    Screw insults, I want punches! I want Rosie to hit Star right in her big, fat, pumpkin head

+ Reply to Thread