+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2597320;
    On another note, I am disappointed that they booked that awful Sarah Silverman as a guest again.
    I cannot stand Sarah Silverman. There's just something about her that annoys me to no end. Actually, she doesn't even have to open her mouth. Just looking at her skeeves me out. Don't know what it is...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2597673;
    I cannot stand Sarah Silverman. There's just something about her that annoys me to no end. Actually, she doesn't even have to open her mouth. Just looking at her skeeves me out. Don't know what it is...
    Thank you. You have summed it up for me as well. It would be fine with me if they never booked her again.

I am glad I am not the only one that can't stand Sarah Silverman.

Veruka, Whoopi told Elisabeth to back off on her opinion on abortion because she has never been in the position to consider it. Whoopi had some valid points, but when she dismissed Elisabeth's opinion because she was young, it got annoying.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I still think Whoopi is a passive aggressive Rosie...

She played pretty neutral until she got the job...

But.. That being said, she is still head and shoulders above Rosie in the job she was hired to do...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fogey

I do not like that Whoopi dismisses Elisabeth and Sherri's opinions that are faith based. Everyone who watches knows that Elisabeth is opposed to abortion.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2597873;
    I do not like that Whoopi dismisses Elisabeth and Sherri's opinions that are faith based. Everyone who watches knows that Elisabeth is opposed to abortion.
    I think when Elisabeth brought up the abortion, she was trying to make light of her opinion on the $5k for every baby born subject.
    But just because someone has not gotten themselves into the position to possibly need an abortion does not mean they should not have an opinion about it, and be able to voice their "view".

I was shocked at Whoopi using the "you're so young" excuse. That was Rosie's line for Elizabeth too when they disagreed. It's a meaningless excuse IMHO.

Abortion is an issue that is mainly decided on religious views. If you're 17 or 87 and your religious convictions tell you abortion is murder then you will not be supportive of it. Those who do support a woman's right to choose are also just as convinced they are right whether they be 17 or 87. A person's age doesn't enter into it and saying someone's wrong because they're young doesn't win me over to your viewpoint.

FORT Fanatic

I loved Whoopi taking Elisabeth to task. Her comment that Elisabeth was young may have people upset but it's not like she could truthfully say that Elisabeth is narrow-minded (which she is).

The views Elisabeth expressed today were flabbergasting. Her whole "gays would be upset at these people who cohabitate" because they CHOSE not to marry was ridiculous and proves she hasn't a clue what that issue is truly about -- equality. People have just as much right to choose not to marry and have a family as everyone should have to choose to marry and have a family.

Then her argument that all babies should not get 5k at birth because some wouldn't need it would be like walking into a school lunch program and saying 'sorry no one here can eat because johnny's mom can afford to send him a bag lunch'. How completely stupid is that? It's true that not every child will need that 5k but there are more who do than those who don't.

And how that would make a woman choose not to have an abortion... some of the idiotic comments that come out of her mouth stun me and this is one of them. If money was that great of a factor in deciding whether or not a woman has an abortion it would have been apparent years ago (welfare!).

She may be 30 years old but a large majority of the 'facts' she spouts don't come from experience or true understanding of the real issue. That's one of the major differences between her and the other hosts - they may not agree with an issue but they at least try to understand it. Except for Barbara, she's too busy trying to tell her punchline to pay attention to what's being discussed.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Believe it or not, youth and inexperience in the ways of the world that so many more people are aware of......that does make a difference. A lot of people don't know exactly how 'young' they are at 30 until they look back from a more experienced age....and I'd say age 40 is a good jumping-off point. But, if you are kept sheltered/choose to remain sheltered....no age will impart wisdom to you. A college degree and playing softball do not necessarily make you wise. There is a whole different education out there to be learned, should you choose to avail yourself of it. It's called 'real life'. I've found my 'real life' education as valuable, if not moreso, than my college degree, and whatever sports in which I have participated. It was not my college degree that made me well-rounded. That was something I did on my way to learning about the world that surrounds me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

the problem with Elisabeth is that she is so scared that they won't let her talk, that when she gets an opportunity she'll jump in an try to get all her points/thought (even if slightly OT/unrelated) out in a single breath.

so she comes off super-hyper (plus the fact that she is giddy-pregnant)

Whoopi did pull a Rosie on her (but not as intense); she basically was saying not to bring something up because it'll open up another can of worms and you can do a whole nother show on it.

dissing Elisabeth with the age thing is still not cool; Sure people mature with age; but 30 with kids is hardly a teenager. She has her own opinions and don't say she is young and dismiss her because you don't like her opinions.

-----
    Elisabeth should go on one day and just let them yap on and not comment and see what happens... or at least pick her battles; because even though they tell her supposedly to give her view on things, they don't really want to hear them really

+ Reply to Thread