+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1628Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

What I think is funny is that people everywhere, not just here on both sides of this seem to be making a bigger deal out of it than either the View or Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2580345;
    What I think is funny is that people everywhere, not just here on both sides of this seem to be making a bigger deal out of it than either the View or Barry.
    I find it completely business as usual in the world of Message Board Politics.... ANY excuse to get on the bandwagon/soapbox is taken to bash the other side...

Personally, I prefer to bash both sides...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

So you're an equal opportunity basher?

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2580439;
    So you're an equal opportunity basher?

You betcha... How better to show up the silliness of bashing... ;0))

Originally Posted by SavhLaney
    I don't recall ever seeing a guest being verbally accosted by a show host other than Rosie and Tom Selleck. That was just ugly.
    There was a show this past July when Ross the Intern co-hosted and Barbara was boorish if not downright rude to him during the show. She didn't verbally attack him but I found her behaviour during that hour bordering on ugly.

You weren't the only one to notice, i also don't like her attitude towards Kathy Griffin, it's unnecessarily caustic.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fanatic

Of course Barry isn't making a big deal he did a bit of damage control and The View doesn't want to embarass EH or draw attention to the issue either. Anyone who thinks EH's political views are not the problem for Barry is fooling themselves. Her conservative views which include her thoughts on gay marriage are the driving force for him. I would seriously doubt he would be offended by her views on most other subjects as they are pretty benign subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2580301;
    I think once Sherri settles in a little more, we will get to hear more from her on air.
    I agree...today I was noticing that I like the way she debates. Even though I don't always agree, she doesn't get all riled up and she holds her own -- no screaming or interrupting. Everyone gets a word in and I never feel uncomfortable. I'm really loving the new panel so far.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;2581646;
    I agree...today I was noticing that I like the way she debates. Even though I don't always agree, she doesn't get all riled up and she holds her own -- no screaming or interrupting. Everyone gets a word in and I never feel uncomfortable. I'm really loving the new panel so far.
    I'm growing to really like the frequency that she uses phrases such as "I believe ..." She appears to be confident enough to share her points of view, but humble enough to be just fine with the fact that everyone doesn't think as she thinks. That's a nice addition to the panel! And I think Whoopi shares some of that attitude as well, which is nice.

I am a big fan of qualifying statements... So many don't, and that leads to misunderstandings on TV and message boards...

And I am a big fan of Sherri's - whether she believes in evolution or not... She speaks her piece AND opens her mind... If it makes a difference or not, she is still on record and is willing to take any heat associated with her opinion...

+ Reply to Thread