+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2580003;
    Not by me either. I would think that was just as ridiculous as not wanting to appear with Elisabeth.

And ITA with Veruka's comments on this. I also have a hard time respecting Barry's kind of intolerance of other's views.
    And I feel the same way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2579978;
    Not by me. I have a hard time giving respect to anyone who refuses to deal with people who don't share their political point of view - especially for a venue that has nothing to do with politics. That level of intolerance is childish, petty, and doesn't do much, if any, good.
    Where did Barry indicate that it was simply Elisabeth's political views that he didn't agree with?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2580092;
    Where did Barry indicate that it was simply Elisabeth's political views that he didn't agree with?

I saw a clip on The Insider last night where Barry was being interviewed and he said it was all a misunderstanding and that he loves everyone at The View.
    It's all irrelavent anyway, i don't care if they like her, don't care if they despise her. It's all good. Just minimize Bab's time on the show.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Poor Barry. He just didn't want to have to share a stage with whatsherface. Aside from the whole hullabaloo his decision caused, he's really the winner in all of this. After all, he really managed to get out of his commitment and spend a day doing better things than arguing with Elizabeth, such as folding laundry or visiting his plastic surgeon.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2580235;
    Poor Barry. He just didn't want to have to share a stage with whatsherface. Aside from the whole hullabaloo his decision caused, he's really the winner in all of this. After all, he really managed to get out of his commitment and spend a day doing better things than arguing with Elizabeth, such as folding laundry or visiting his plastic surgeon.
    But here's the thing -- why or how would he have been arguing with Elisabeth? He'd come on, talk about his music, Elisabeth would say that Grace loves Copacabana or something like that, he'd say thank you. Then they'd have him sing. The crowd would go wild. It would be over. Why would he argue about a host who gushes about the work of every performing guest they have on the show?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Don't the hosts/hostesses of all these type of shows fawn all over the guests without asking them anything really all that interesting? Except for Rosie O'Donnell being rude to Tom Selleck on her own talk show many years ago, I mean... I'm trying to think of others... I remember Jay Leno being overly stupid to James Van Der Beek ("Dawson") asking him over and over about being on the cover of "The Advocate" and Van Der Beek actually being a really good sport about it. Leno was like a drunk frat boy implying that he (Dawson) was gay (and if he was, so what?) and cackling at his own not-funny jokes. I think Dawson (too time consuming to type out his real name) actually was engaged at the time, too. Another guest on the show (I think it was actually David Spade) got so fed up with it he told Jay to leave the kid alone. But those are the only two instances I can remember where talk show hosts were rude to their guests...

Regarding Barry, I do like some of his songs but I'm not a fanilow.

Who really knows? Maybe the mere idea of being on the same stage with her, after he no doubt watched a few episodes and heard her opening her pie hole and spewing out enough crap to fill a latrine pit daily, was more than enough inducement for him to want to stay home and just sing in the shower instead. Really, he barely needs to explain himself.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fogey

I don't recall ever seeing a guest being verbally accosted by a show host other than Rosie and Tom Selleck. That was just ugly.

The View is not a political show. If it was, I doubt I would watch it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2580256;
    Who really knows? Maybe the mere idea of being on the same stage with her, after he no doubt watched a few episodes and heard her opening her pie hole and spewing out enough crap to fill a latrine pit daily, was more than enough inducement for him to want to stay home and just sing in the shower instead. Really, he barely needs to explain himself.
    No, he didn't need to explain himself at all. Except that instead of choosing that route, he chose to announce his actions. And he apparently failed to take into consideration what a large portion of his fan base he shares with The View and Elisabeth.

Dropping a note on his site saying he won't be going to The View cannot be held against him. It's his damn site, he can leave any note he wants. If some of his fans took offense, that's their problem for projecting their views on him and assuming he'll always act they want him to act. If he miscalculated his fan base, that's a mistake on his part, but he's, what, 105 years old or something... can't be blamed for being slightly out of touch.

+ Reply to Thread