+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 1117 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940801305301030 ... LastLast
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    Joy and Meredith are my favorites too. Star is becoming too much a drama queen to me. I don't care for Elizabeth either. It is strange because I'm a huge Survivor fan and I LOVED Elizabeth on Survivor. I was so happy when she got the job on The View (almost as happy as I was when Kelly Ripa got the job with Regis after I watched her on AMC for years). I still really like Kelly Ripa but I don't like listening to Elizabeth.
    Joy and Meredith were the only reasons I used to watch The View. I stopped watching after the brouhaha of Star's wedding. I just can't stomach Star or Elizabeth. I used to be a big fan of Elizabeth's when she was on Survivor too. I also liked her on the cable show "The Look for Less". I don't know, she just started rubbing me the wrong way once she became a full-time co-host.

Speaking of replacements, I read somewhere that they're considering Elizabeth Vargas from World News Tonight as a possible replacement for Meredith.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by britty05 View Post
    Speaking of replacements, I read somewhere that they're considering Elizabeth Vargas from World News Tonight as a possible replacement for Meredith.
    Since she's pregnant, that would certainly be an easier gig for her. Plus, they would all have another baby to discuss ad nauseum.

Joy and Meredith were the only reason I ever watched The View. Can't stand Star and Elizabeth and Barbara is just "meh" for me. I don't at all agree with the statement upthread about Joy not being smart. I think she's smart, honest and funny as hell. I think some might confuse her self-deprication for lack of intelligence.

I rarely watch the show now, but when I do catch a few minutes of it, I cringe. Is Star on something? She seems to just sit there with that smile plastered on her face. She's probably daydreaming about donuts or something. The best thing that could happen would be for this show to get canceled. Barbara would be fine and so would Joy - she could go back to doing more stand-up. Elizabeth and Star would actually have to get real jobs....perferably not on TV!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

[QUOTE=Critical;1859446]Since she's pregnant, that would certainly be an easier gig for her. Plus, they would all have another baby to discuss ad nauseum.

Elizabeth is pregnant again?

Kathie Lee? Patricia Heaton? Is the idea to get the most uptight conservative biddies possible?

Plus, don't they have enough boob job recipients on The View now? They don't need another.

Elizabeth Vargas would be about 10,000 times better.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

[QUOTE=laura000;1860620]
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Since she's pregnant, that would certainly be an easier gig for her. Plus, they would all have another baby to discuss ad nauseum.

Elizabeth is pregnant again?
    Elizabeth Vargas (ABC World News Tonight) is pregnant. I'm don't know if The View's whiney Elizabeth Hasselback (sp?) is pregnant.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

[QUOTE=britty05;1861198]
    Quote Originally Posted by laura000 View Post

Elizabeth Vargas (ABC World News Tonight) is pregnant. I'm don't know if The View's whiney Elizabeth Hasselback (sp?) is pregnant.
    Elizabeth Hassleback is not pregnant. According to her she is still running away from her husband so she does not get pregnant.

I don't care for Joy, Barbara, or Star. I can tolerate Eliazabeth. I like Meredith. I like Patricia Heaton but don't think I'd want to see her as a co-host on this show. I think her talents are better left to acting but I'm sure she wants to try and prove she can be good at other things too. We'll see.

I don't watch enough to care that much about who they get for their replacement but two women named Elizabeth would be too much.

What was with the statement about something being in the papers about Elizabeth that is false. What was in the papers? Who is being prosecuted? Why would child protective services be involved? Wierd.

Yes, i was wondering that too. I came in at the end of Barbra telling Elizabeth they were all behind her. What's going on!

Isn't there something going on with her husband's brother? I think that may be it because I vaguely remember hearing his name in the news about something.

+ Reply to Thread