+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

On a happy note, Babs is not there today.

"they" being Opie and Anthony? But again, you're pulling out one comparison as a litmus test for all comparisons, Veruka. And you're trying to refute it by saying "Ben Kingsley didn't do it" when, in reality, you have absolutely no clue whether Ben Kingsley actually DID do the very same thing that Barry Manilow did.... post a comment to his fans on his official message board.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2579897;
    "they" being Opie and Anthony? But again, you're pulling out one comparison as a litmus test for all comparisons, Veruka. And you're trying to refute it by saying "Ben Kingsley didn't do it" when, in reality, you have absolutely no clue whether Ben Kingsley actually DID do the very same thing that Barry Manilow did.... post a comment to his fans on his official message board.
    I have not pulled anything as a litmus test. I was using a single example, based on your argument, to illustrate my point. I am also very confident that Ben Kingsley did not make an announcement as to why he was cancelling via his message board (does he have one) or any other means. If I am wrong there, I would be interested in seeing what announcement he did make.

As I have stated, I believe that the objectionable action Barry took was not cancelling on The View, which as you stated, is something that many celebrities do. I believe the objectionable action was making a public announcement as to why he was cancelling. I am not aware of any other examples of celebrities doing that, therefore, I draw the conclusion that it is not something that celebrities do all the time. If you know of other examples of celebrities not just cancelling, but announcing publicly that they're cancelling due to disagreement with the host, I'd be interested to hear about them. Otherwise, I stand by my original point as to why Barry's action here is not normal celebrity behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2579904;
    As I have stated, I believe that the objectionable action Barry took was not cancelling on The View, which as you stated, is something that many celebrities do. I believe the objectionable action was making a public announcement as to why he was cancelling. I am not aware of any other examples of celebrities doing that, therefore, I draw the conclusion that it is not something that celebrities do all the time. If you know of other examples of celebrities not just cancelling, but announcing publicly that they're cancelling due to disagreement with the host, I'd be interested to hear about them. Otherwise, I stand by my original point as to why Barry's action here is not normal celebrity behavior.
    But again, you cited Ben Kingsley as an example. So you may claim that Barry posting a comment on his official message board is a "public announcement" in your eyes, but you cannot say that Ben Kingsley didn't do the very same thing. So why does the burden of proof fall to me?

FORT Fogey

I don't really care whether Barry cancelled or not, it was the way he chose to do it.

It was very petty and narrow minded of him to publicly single out one of the show hosts as his reason. People claim Elisabeth can not accept others opinions, what does this say for Barry?

It would have been funny if Elisabeth would have come out on stage the day he was supposed to appear wearing a Barry t-shirt, lol.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2579926;
    I don't really care whether Barry cancelled or not, it was the way he chose to do it.

It was very petty and narrow minded of him to publicly single out one of the show hosts as his reason. People claim Elisabeth can not accept others opinions, what does this say for Barry?

It would have been funny if Elisabeth would have come out on stage the day he was supposed to appear wearing a Barry t-shirt, lol.
    I wonder if Barry would be championed if he had announced that he did not want to sit on the same stage as either Joy or Whoopi and had decscribed them as dangerous.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2579971;
    I wonder if Barry would be championed if he had announced that he did not want to sit on the same stage as either Joy or Whoopi and had decscribed them as dangerous.
    Not by me. I have a hard time giving respect to anyone who refuses to deal with people who don't share their political point of view - especially for a venue that has nothing to do with politics. That level of intolerance is childish, petty, and doesn't do much, if any, good.

FORT Fogey

Not by me either. I would think that was just as ridiculous as not wanting to appear with Elisabeth.

And ITA with Veruka's comments on this. I also have a hard time respecting Barry's kind of intolerance of other's views.

FORT Fogey

TV Guide online has a great Q&A with Sherri about her new job on The View.

Here is a link:
    Sherri Shepherd Discusses Her View Deal - Celebrity and Entertainment News | TVGuide.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2577202;
    Really? She always struck me as a narrow minded halfwit.
    Exactly!

+ Reply to Thread