+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2561353;
    And that, Veruka, aptly summarizes the problem with most of Elisabeth's arguments about any topic. She takes a small truth and then combines it with an untruth and embellishes it until it has absolutely no relevance to the original small truth.

It's not even a matter of her adding A + B and getting D.... it's A + F = Z with her. And if B, C, D, and E don't fit with her picture of F then they are completely ignored.
    --- well said. She has been getting on my nerves lately for the reason you stated so I just had to applaud your post!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quadee;2579405;
    Whoopi is completely right. Name any black, asian, or latino child that has had world or national exposure like some of white kids.

I'm not trying to start something but sometimes you have to look outside the box to see the truth to see reality.

I'm agreeing with you and adding this. Whoopi's comment is actually given creedence by Maddy's case being given overseas exposure. This little girl didn't go missing here yet im constantly hearing about on Headline News. But then, look around on tv and barely any mention of a missing black student who went missing in florida.

Anyway, i look forward to waking up in time to catch the beginning of the show. Stay home, babs.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2579617;
    I'm agreeing with you and adding this. Whoopi's comment is actually given creedence by Maddy's case being given overseas exposure. This little girl didn't go missing here yet im constantly hearing about on Headline News. But then, look around on tv and barely any mention of a missing black student who went missing in florida.

Anyway, i look forward to waking up in time to catch the beginning of the show. Stay home, babs.
    LOL i never heard of this missing student oh well.

I agree about babs i hate her and i hate when she talks about sex thats just nasty.

FORT Fogey

Barry is on Martha this morning. I guess he likes her well enough to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2579833;
    Barry is on Martha this morning. I guess he likes her well enough to appear.
    I don't see why some of you are having such a difficult time with this. Celebrities every single day are picking and choosing which programs they go on for this very reason. That is why Opie and Anthony can't get any big stars to go on... because some don't care for their opinions and schtick. Some won't go on with Howard Stern, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Oprah, the Today Show, GMA... it happens every.single.day.

But because Barry refused to sit on a stage with Elisabeth, someone that has apparently offended him with her conduct and opinions, he's just the devil incarnate. How silly.

FORT Fogey

When Ben Kingsley cancelled on O&A, he didn't make an announcement that he was doing so.

Letting your publicist know you don't want to do X show because you don't like it or the host is one thing. Being booked on a show you've done before for months, and then making an annoucement that you're cancelling because of an objection to one of the hosts being dangerous is not the same thing.

Baloney. Barry Manilow didn't "make an announcement", he posted a message on his message board.

There is such a thing as a "last straw", Veruka. And obviously Elisabeth's opinions and actions finally crossed that last straw with Barry Manilow. It's not this big freaking oddity that some are trying to make it out to be. It's completely understandable.

FORT Fogey

In my book, posting a message on a board that your fans know is the place you communicate with them is making an annoucement. As I see it, any disagreement on that point is a matter of semantics. Barry let the reasons be known publicly, Ben Kingsley did not. So the comparison does not work in my mind.

Gee, I've never read Ben Kingsley's fan message board... presumably you have? I'd love a link.

And just because Ben Kingsley doesn't do something, that automatically makes it not permissable for Barry Manilow to let his fans know that he isn't going to be making the appearance that he had previously said that he was making? That's nice to know that Ben Kingsley is the standard that everyone should be compared to. Hopefully other publicists will pick up on that fact.

FORT Fogey

I don't believe that I ever attempted to set a Ben Kingsley standard. I was simply responding to your comparison to guests cancelling on Opie and Anthony being one of the examples of stars doing what Barry did all the time. Kingsley's cancellation on O&A is one of the ones they refer to most often.

+ Reply to Thread