+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1556Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #2941
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2577131;
    What on earth does Elisabeth need to be forgiven for?
    Perhaps if you had cited my entire statement and not an incomplete portion it might have made more sense.

    People have been complaining about Elisabeth's statements about X, Y, and Z (the content is irrelevant) and some choose to rush to her defense by saying "Joy did it, too" and "Rosie did it, too" as if to say the original complaint about Elisabeth was perfectly fine because someone else did it as well. Like I said, two wrongs don't make a right, and trying to deflect the complaint against Elisabeth by trying to put it off on someone else doesn't make the complaint any less valid. It's an immature argument because the perpetrator has no basis for defense, and no better than a "you're just jealous" juvenile response.

    And I'll hold my educational record up against Elisabeth's any day of the week.

  2. #2942
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2577286;
    Perhaps if you had cited my entire statement and not an incomplete portion it might have made more sense.

    People have been complaining about Elisabeth's statements about X, Y, and Z (the content is irrelevant) and some choose to rush to her defense by saying "Joy did it, too" and "Rosie did it, too" as if to say the original complaint about Elisabeth was perfectly fine because someone else did it as well. Like I said, two wrongs don't make a right, and trying to deflect the complaint against Elisabeth by trying to put it off on someone else doesn't make the complaint any less valid. It's an immature argument because the perpetrator has no basis for defense, and no better than a "well your momma is fat" juvenile response.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but Whoopi was the one complaining about Elisabeth's statements, right? It was not the same people who are defending Elisabeth. So how is the comparison relevant? The people defending Elisabeth through the other people do it tactics are not criticising the other people do it tactics -- Whoopi is. And to the best of my knowledge, Whoopi is not posting on this thread. But it would really be cool if she were.

  3. #2943
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,859

    Re: The View

    IMO, no complaints about Elisabeth are ever fine.

  4. #2944
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2577191;
    She is an educated women with values.
    If that was ALL she were, there wouldn't be the issues. Now admittedly, I rarely watch (can't stand to), but every time I have Elizabeth has never once considered someone else's point of view. I don't care if she agrees or not. But at least listen to the other side. Respect whomever is on the other side of the coin without closing ears off.

    Now of course there are some issues where we all simply cannot do that, myself included. There are one or two issues I will never be persuaded to believe otherwise, but very few or some issues, is not every single thing. Elizabeth seems incapable of giving another side a fair shot regardless of what the issue is.

  5. #2945
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2577290;
    Correct me if I am wrong, but Whoopi was the one complaining about Elisabeth's statements, right? It was not the same people who are defending Elisabeth. So how is the comparison relevant? The people defending Elisabeth through the other people do it tactics are not criticising the other people do it tactics -- Whoopi is. And to the best of my knowledge, Whoopi is not posting on this thread. But it would really be cool if she were.
    I was just saying the thread was interesting and amusing because the very same thing that people are complaining about Whoopi is happening here. At no point did I make the comparison that you're trying to refute.

    Although the very same people doing it here are the ones that complain about Whoopi.

  6. #2946
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2577298;
    If that was ALL she were, there wouldn't be the issues. Now admittedly, I rarely watch (can't stand to), but every time I have Elizabeth has never once considered someone else's point of view. I don't care if she agrees or not. But at least listen to the other side. Respect whomever is on the other side of the coin without closing ears off.
    I don't think this is a fair characterization of Elisabeth. For just one example of why, take a look at her view on some gay issues as it evolved last year. She admitted at least once on the show last year, that through her friendship with Rosie, she had changed her mind on some of the issues related to gay rights. I don't know how a person changes her mind without considering other pionts of view.

  7. #2947
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,859

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2577312;
    I was just saying the thread was interesting and amusing because the very same thing that people are complaining about Whoopi is happening here. At no point did I make the comparison that you're trying to refute.

    Although the very same people doing it here are the ones that complain about Whoopi.

    I have not seen many complaints about Whoopi since she started, other than the Vick thing which she did come back the next day and clarify her point on.

  8. #2948
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2577315;
    I don't think this is a fair characterization of Elisabeth. For just one example of why, take a look at her view on some gay issues as it evolved last year. She admitted at least once on the show last year, that through her friendship with Rosie, she had changed her mind on some of the issues related to gay rights. I don't know how a person changes her mind without considering other pionts of view.
    I didn't know that. Well, good then. Everything I've seen of her and of her on the show gave no indication towards that. So thank you!

  9. #2949
    Amethyst Amy Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    whatever
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,082

    Re: The View

    Everytime i watch the Pepto Bismol commercial with the dancing lady im reminded of Joy. It's the blouse and the hair that remind me of her.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

  10. #2950
    Peace MsFroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Up here in my tree...
    Posts
    15,532

    Re: The View

    I admit I haven't tuned in to the new View with Whoopi and this new woman Sherri (whom I have never heard of prior). However, I came across a video (through Digg.com) where this Sherri person is questioned by Whoopi about whether she thinks the Earth is flat, after an exchange in which Sherri declared she didn't believe in evolution. Apparently Sherri has never thought of this issue, never considered whether the Earth was flat or not since she had better things to think about such as, and I quote, "how to feed my child". I didn't know having kids meant that you have to revert to pre-Newtonian ignorance.

    I think I'm definitely going to tune in to The View more often now. Seems they hit pay dirt with this chick.

    The link in case anyone wants to see it:
    New "View" Co-Host Sherri Shepherd Doesn't Know If World Is Flat - Media on The Huffington Post
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.