+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: The View

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: The View

BW likes attention so she'll probably address it later today. Just like she felt the need to repeat that she was offered an OJ interview last year and turned it down.
    It's so odd seeing the table full, i miss the guest co-hosts.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2576559;
    the only other thing i wanted to say is that people are stupid when they say stuff like FOX NEWS brainwashes people or when Elisabeth mentions she watches Hannity and Colmes people 'll sigh or make a stupid facial expression..

has it occurred to any of these people that Elisabeth (or anybody else) watches because she/they *like* and enjoy the programming/personalities Nobody forces anyone to watch a cable news channel

that's all
    Ummm... what does one statement have to do with the other?

People tend to say that Elisabeth (or anybody else) are brainwashed by a program because Elisabeth (or many other people) only has the ability to repeat verbatim the opinions that she has heard on shows like Hannity and Colmes. Anytime anyone asks her something that veers from the FOX programming script of the program she watched last she stammers and stumbles over a response... often coming up with something unintelligible.

Speaking for myself, I have absolutely no problem with someone having a differing opinion as long as it's intelligible and that person's opinion... not just an obvious regurgitation of something they've heard on a program nor discovered through a quick googling effort.

FORT Fogey

Wow, some people must memorize Hannity and Colmes if they think all Elisabeth does is repeat info from there. Juat because she shares the same opinions that are often expressed on that show in no way means she is repeating anything.

Elisabeth is a very bright, well-educated lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2576754;
    Ummm... what does one statement have to do with the other?

People tend to say that Elisabeth (or anybody else) are brainwashed by a program because Elisabeth (or many other people) only has the ability to repeat verbatim the opinions that she has heard on shows like Hannity and Colmes. Anytime anyone asks her something that veers from the FOX programming script of the program she watched last she stammers and stumbles over a response... often coming up with something unintelligible.

Speaking for myself, I have absolutely no problem with someone having a differing opinion as long as it's intelligible and that person's opinion... not just an obvious regurgitation of something they've heard on a program nor discovered through a quick googling effort.
    and if people don't watch these shows, how do they come to the conclusion that she's repeating verbatim

wow, sounds like people are saying her thoughts aren't her thoughts, which means they don't respect her or her opinion

that's my opinion

----

they will turn on Sheri Shep soon, because she has some conservative views

FORT Fogey

So far, there has been no mention of the Barry incident this morning.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2576945;
    So far, there has been no mention of the Barry incident this morning.

Good. It's clearly a promotional stunt on his part. Why allow themselves to be used as tools for his self-promotion?

FORT Fogey

In other View related news, TV Guide online is reporting that Rosie has declined an offer to appear on Oprah to promote her new book saying that she is already booked with Diane Sawyer.

In light of the alleged rumors of discord between Sawyer and Babs, I find this to be interesting since Rosie supposedly disses Babs in the book.

I would have thought that Babs would have enough clout at ABC to keep Rosie from doing promotion on the network.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2574693;
    Yes, but Joy also is citing a sitting president; that is fair. Elisabeth does not get that.
    One more thing on this topic. It was my feeling, when I cited a sitting president, is that these comments refer to current events and, thus, hot topics. Elisabeth has always had this tendency to bounce back to exactly the same point in history, and has not shown any depth during these discussions. My feeling is that that was Whoopi's point...."Do you have to always bring up the exact same thing??" My middle schooler would use the same tactics. Thank goodness he grew up and can have a better discussion, without citing the same old tired lines.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Joy is the champion of citing the "same old tired lines" and she is in her sixties. Wonder when she will grow up?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2576092;
    Yes, the whole, Elisabeth is dangerous is ridiculous. Does Barry realize that a majority of his fan base is more like Elisabeth?
    I was thinking the same thing. And as much as I love Barry's music (okay, I grew up in his era, I admit it), I must admit I was really put off by his actions... whether he agree with Elisabeths views or not, his appearance is about the music, not the politics at that point. jmho

+ Reply to Thread