+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2575620;
    True...JFK actually had what Clinton would call sex with them...unlike Clinton and Monica.
    Where I feel it gets a little unfair is if Bill's behavior is somehow used to discredit Hillary.
    Among our current crop of candidates, assuming we actually think their bedroom behavior is relevant to their ability to govern, Rudy is the one who should be getting the most criticism. It's going to be pretty hard for him to attract the "values" folks based on his past, much less his views.
    Now an interesting hot topic would be WHY people feel that sexual behavior relates to ability to govern... with no mudslinging allowed.
    I say that Bill's behavior reflects on Hillary, legitimately, from a standpoint of how she dealt with it. There are issues raised (I'm stating them here, not necessarily agreeing with them) about what level of feminist she is when she chooses to stay in a marriage with the level of cheating that she's endured. From that standpoint, especially given the brand of feminisim Hillary campaigns under, I can understand how it is raised as an issue.

A hot topics on The View without mudslinging? Have they ever done such a thing?

FORT Fogey

By choosing to stay with Bill, Hilary is stuck with the good and the bad that he can bring.

It is not just Monica that Bill was involved with, there were other women who have spoken up too.

FORT Fogey

isn't that the reason why she became even more famous? she stick with her man and worked things out instead of throwing the towel at the first opportunity.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2575686;
    isn't that the reason why she became even more famous? she stick with her man and worked things out instead of throwing the towel at the first opportunity.
    In most cases, I applaud someone who wants to try to work things out, but in Hilary's case, it seems like she only did it to further promote her own political career. Just my opinion.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2575686;
    Merely being first lady has made 42 other women famous -- I think that alone would have worked for her too.

FORT Fogey

Not Hil, she had to move to a state that she was not from just to get in the Senate.

I bet she has some good blackmail material on Bill that she is using to keep him "in line" during her campaign. There is no telling what she would do to him if he slips up and ruins her shot at the big time.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2575698;
    Not Hil, she had to move to a state that she was not from just to get in the Senate.
    I would say there were quite a few other states she could have moved to and been elected too. New York simply had easier residency laws. I can't really begrudge her for taking advantage of that. I never really got the carpetbagger rap, given that New York crafted its laws to allow for a short residency period before running for office. If it was a concern to the voters of New York, she would not have won.

I just saw this at TMZ:

Barry to Elisabeth: Your "View" is Dangerous
    Posted Sep 17th 2007 1:16PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: TV, Celebrity Feuds

TMZ has learned that legendary singer Barry Manilow has pulled out of his scheduled appearance on "The View" tomorrow -- because he strongly disagrees with host Elisabeth Hasselbeck's conservative view! Paging Rosie O'Donnell!

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Barry says, "I strongly disagree with her views. I think she's dangerous and offensive. I will not be on the same stage as her." Barry, taking a stand!

Manilow is currently on a press tour promoting the release of his new album, "Greatest Songs of the Seventies."

Tomorrow's appearance by Barry Manilow won't happen. Apparently he so vehemently disagrees with Elisabeth Hasselbeck that he refuses to appear on the same stage as her.

Barry to Elisabeth: Your "View" is Dangerous! - TMZ.com

I wonder why he didn't let his manager/publicist know this information a few weeks back when his booking was confirmed on the show?????

FORT Fogey

Hasn't he appeared before since Elisabeth has been on?

I hate to hear that. Who knew that Barry is so closed minded to others "Views" so to speak?

+ Reply to Thread