+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839791295291029 ... LastLast
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

Joy and Barbara are long time friends, so I doubt that she's going anywhere. Joy is actually my favorite on the show, tied with Meredith. Barbara said, yesterday, I think, that in the beginning, she was supposed to be there two or three days a week, and Joy the others. Joy worked out so well, that they decided to keep her everyday. I like Elizabeth, but since her politics are totally opposite from mine, I wish she'd keep quiet.

I definitely won't watch anymore if Patricia Heaton comes on board. Like Broadway, I had enough of her when she always looked so pained, and ran her mouth, during the Schiavo thing.

I don't think that Kathie Lee would be interested, even if THEY were, But I'd definitely watch her.

I hope they don't bring Kathy Lee on - I rarely have the chance to watch, but there is no way that I would watch ever again, if I knew she was Mer's replacement.

I think it is so ironic that Merrdith use to be with 60 minutes and is replacing Katie on the Today show, and Katie is going to be anchor on 60 minutes now.

I'm probably the only one but I like Patricia Heaton and think she'd be a great addition to the show. Kathy Lee, however, would keep me from watching.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Joy and Barbara are long time friends, so I doubt that she's going anywhere. Joy is actually my favorite on the show, tied with Meredith. Barbara said, yesterday, I think, that in the beginning, she was supposed to be there two or three days a week, and Joy the others. Joy worked out so well, that they decided to keep her everyday. I like Elizabeth, but since her politics are totally opposite from mine, I wish she'd keep quiet.

I definitely won't watch anymore if Patricia Heaton comes on board. Like Broadway, I had enough of her when she always looked so pained, and ran her mouth, during the Schiavo thing.

I don't think that Kathie Lee would be interested, even if THEY were, But I'd definitely watch her.
    Joy and Meredith are my favorites too. Star is becoming too much a drama queen to me. I don't care for Elizabeth either. It is strange because I'm a huge Survivor fan and I LOVED Elizabeth on Survivor. I was so happy when she got the job on The View (almost as happy as I was when Kelly Ripa got the job with Regis after I watched her on AMC for years). I still really like Kelly Ripa but I don't like listening to Elizabeth.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I would hope the producers would do a few months of on air try-outs. (I am not a fan of Patricia Heaton.) I would like to see another newsy girl take over for Meredith. There are so many really funny smart girls that work on CNN. I would like to have someone, like them, come in with a real view point of facts.

I have no love for Joy. Star had never annoyed me the way Joy has with her mean mouth bully behavior. But at least with Meredith there as the anchor she could steer that shipwreck. It would really take a strong personality girl to come into that mess and not be ran over by Joy's flat out bullying.

But with the show producers picking Elizabeth the last go around... I can only hope they pick someone with a brain.
    Yeah, the replaced intelligent Lisa Ling with Elizabeth. There is no telling who they will put in place of Meredith. Their track record is not so good.

Lisa Ling was great. But she had much more better things to do than the View. Working for National Geographic is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I'd hate to see P. Heaton on there. Can't stand her. Kathy Lee will never return to tv. And contracts may keep the others there for awhile longer.

I'd like to see Marianela Pereyra. I think she'd breathe new energy into the group. She's latino so she would be able to "shake things up"!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Lisa Ling was great. But she had much more better things to do than the View. Working for National Geographic is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I'd hate to see P. Heaton on there. Can't stand her. Kathy Lee will never return to tv. And contracts may keep the others there for awhile longer.

I'd like to see Marianela Pereyra. I think she'd breathe new energy into the group. She's latino so she would be able to "shake things up"!
    I absolutely agree about Lisa Ling. It was the right time for her to move on.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I prefer watching Marianela on Fuse.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

aga
    FORTified
    My politics are moderate and at times I trend slightly left of center and other times, right of center. Personally, I think both Joy and Elizabeth aren't the best spokepeople for their political views - liberal and conservative respectively. Since Barbara and Star are also rather liberal, I think Meredith's ideological replacement should be someone with moderate to moderately conservative leanings.

Bear in mind that Meredith was also the "anchor" of the show. She had additional behind-the-scenes responsibilities, where she worked with the news staff (such as it is) to select the hot topics, so that spot has to be replaced as well.

Has Kathie Lee said recently that she will not return to daytime? I know after she left Regis and Kathie Lee, she probably thought she had several options, but they either didn't pan out or they were less than successful. Not too long ago she was a correspondent for an entertainment / tabloid type show (I am not sure if she is still with that show), so I can't see her being too unwilling to return to daytime. Also, her kids are older, so presumably that gives her added flexibility too.
    Last edited by aga; 04-09-2006 at 07:11 PM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

I would like Kathie Lee for the job, but realize that I may be one of only a few. I never watched Regis much after she left. I like Kelly, but she gets on my nerves on that show. She sort of reminds me of a wayward child. Regis seems to get a belly full of her occasonally, too.

I never, ever cared for Lisa Ling, so was glad to see the last of her. She told me more about her sex life than I needed, or wanted to know. the girl before her, Debbie, I liked prerty well. Never was sure why she left. I really can't see myself watching Patricia Heaton, thank you anyway.

+ Reply to Thread