+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Just read this at USA Today:

Vieira returns to 'The View' as guest

NEW YORK (AP) The View is getting a visit from a prominent alum.
    No, not THAT one. Meredith Vieira, the show's moderator before being briefly replaced by Rosie O'Donnell who was replaced by Whoopi Goldberg is returning to the daytime chat show Oct. 8. It will be her first guest appearance since leaving the ABC show.

Vieira, 53, will talk about her experiences as co-host of NBC's Today show, and is hawking a new Who Wants to Be a Millionaire DVD game that will be released next month. She is host of the game show.

She spent nine seasons as moderator of the Barbara Walters-invented ABC talk show before leaving in June 2006.

During that time, she dressed as a hot dog and dominatrix, sang Take Me Out to the Ball Game while tap dancing and gave Wesley Snipes a lap dance.

From here: Vieira returns to 'The View' as guest - USATODAY.com

Sounds like a great show!!!

I agree... That should be fun. I really like Meredith! And I think she's much better than Philbin on Millionaire...

(And by setting another new ratings low for NBC news while on location, no less, Katie has to beating herself up for ditching Today... )
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2569342;
    I'm still waiting for Elisabeth to announce that Tim has enlisted to go fight this "good idea" war...since he is not doing anything else now. I'm sure that would make her very proud, as well it should! I have noticed that she has quieted down a bit on the subject of the war, at least.
    Yes, go let him fight in the war they love so much.

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2569842;
    I agree... That should be fun. I really like Meredith! And I think she's much better than Philbin on Millionaire...

(And by setting another new ratings low for NBC news while on location, no less, Katie has to beating herself up for ditching Today... )
    I loved Meredith on "THE VIEW". I think she is great on "TODAY" too. The thing I like about her the most is that she knows when to be serious and she knows when to poke fun.

I also think Katie regrets giving up the "Today" show. The grass is not always greener on the other side. I really worry about Katie going to Iraq. Those kids have been through so much (losing their father at a young age) and I hate to see her put herself in harm's way like that. Iraq is so unstable now that anything can happen.

YES! I can't wait to see Meredith come back as a guest on The View, I love her, she seems like such a nice woman. Oh, boo, I just read that it's on October 8, I'll have to mark that on my calendar so I don't forget.

Just wanted to mention, because I'm a total geek, that I loved the Xanadu thing today! Oddly I had that soundtrack on tape as a kid and I was obsessed with it. And they sang my favorite song off of it, haha!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

And I hated the Xanadu thing. I did not like how they portrayed Kira. Maybe I am just a movie purist.

FORT Fogey

I loved the Xanadu thing. I was curious when i heard they were doing a Broadway version, and after seeing that number, I really want to see the show. I adore the movie, in a cheesy remembering my childhood kind of way. But I kind of like that they're acknowledging just how cheesy the movie was in the Broadway version.

I just got done watching today's hot topics. I think I spoke too soon in complimenting Whoopi's moderating skills.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I loved her moderating skills today!!! Really liked the little chitty-chat she had with Elisabeth!! I think it was long overdue, and I'm surprised that BW hadn't done it earlier. I'm sure she was thinking, "I wish I had said that!"

I love that Whoopi's voice is not as shrill as the rest of the womens voices.

I am anxiously awaiting Rosie's book! I love that she, supposedly, addressed BW's age!! I've already got it reserved at the library.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

There is not a person on that panel, regardless of viewpoint, who deserves to be shut down from expressing what they think. Whoopi was doing exactly that with Elisabeth yesterday. The speculating that Whoopi was doing was absurd, and Elisabeth was illustrating that. Whoopi got defensive about it.

I hope that at some point, someone involve with the show tries to apply something to Islam the way that Whoopi was doing to Mormonism yesterday (The argument, following Whoopi would go: a small fringe group of Muslims mis-interprets their teachings and does horrible things that go against the accepted practices of the religion. Therefore, we must be suspect of ALL Muslims, because we don't know that ALL of them don't follow this practice, and just a few admit to it")

FORT Fogey

Joy actually backed up Elisabeth yesterday on her right to air her POV and how it related to the discussion. Whoopi and Babs seemed defensive about Monica and Bill. I have no idea why Babs always stands up for Lewinsky, saying how she earned her degree at a pretigious school, etc.

+ Reply to Thread