+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1515Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

They mentioned the fact that they were not being shown in NYC, they all lamented and shared some personal stories about 9/11, then held hands together and raised them in a sign of strength.

Susan Sarandon was on to promote her new movie In The Rescue of Elah, along with one of it's real-life military personnel stars in the movie. It's a war related movie. Was a good promo, and Hasselbot was surprisingly tame with Sarandon, and vice/versa. She even said the the movie was a "must-see".

Was a very good show, especially with Babs gone, finally.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Wow that guy with Susan Surandon (sp) is, I don't know the right word. I didn't like him much. I don't think Joy did either. He brushed her question off and she was like okay excuse me. Why didn't someone tell him to unbutton his jacket. I am glad Susan finally got a chance to talk. The movie seems interesting.

I like how Whoopi controls the panel. I think she's starting to make things flow better. Not sure why but I always seem to like it better when Barbara isn't there.

FORT Fogey

No Babs today!! Let's hope she starts taking lots of days off now that the panel is full.

I think the movie looks great. I wasn't a fan of the guy, either. Maybe he just wasn't comfortable in the limelight. He is new to the business.

FORT Fogey

I really enjoy Whoopi.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Didnt catch it due to 9/11 coverage. Didn't catch the tidbit about Sherri's marriage. I didn't know him but i cant say i cared much for the guy after what he did and on top of that, had a kid with the woman.:nono
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

There was something about Susan Sarandon's position she shared on yesterday's show that just didn't make sense to me. She kept on arguing that the policy makers regarding the war in Iraq can't be trusted and don't have the knowledge they need to believe what they do because they've never served in war. Susan was presenting her own views on the war, things being handled surrounding the war, and was presenting them as someone well-informed with a valid opinion that the audience should listen to. When did she serve military time? What war did she fight in?

I believe her opinion is absolutely valid, and I applaud her for voicing it as she does. But if she's going to dismiss those she doesn't agree with as not being credible because they haven't served in the miltary (although some of them have) then isn't she dismissing her own views as well?

With regards to the panel, the talents of Whoopi shined through again yesterday. They got into a discussion that could have and should have been just as confrontational as the war discussions have been in the past. But Whoopi stepped up as moderator, made sure each person had a chance to speak, and then moved on. She's a pro, and she's showing it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm still waiting for Elisabeth to announce that Tim has enlisted to go fight this "good idea" war...since he is not doing anything else now. I'm sure that would make her very proud, as well it should! I have noticed that she has quieted down a bit on the subject of the war, at least.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 09-12-2007 at 08:04 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Just because Tim is no longer with the Giants does not mean he may not be doing anything.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2569342;
    I'm still waiting for Elisabeth to announce that Tim has enlisted to go fight this "good idea" war...since he is not doing anything else now. I'm sure that would make her very proud, as well it should! I have noticed that she has quieted down a bit on the subject of the war, at least.
    I've been thinking the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread