+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1532Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Yes, that was a great segment. It was nice to find out a little more about her background.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Did I hear say that she was separated from her husband again?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It sounded like it, prhoshay. I remember the comment "we'll always be friends, but.."

I don't like the new set up, either.. mainly because it just wasn't what the show was intended to be. I don't think we're going to get four (or 5) different opinions any longer, but oh well. I have never cared for Sherri's personality so today's appearance (on my sick day, no less!) didn't make me happy.

I DO like Whoopi and the unbiased calm that she brings to the table. She does have her opinion but in my brief glimpse she appears to know when to reign it in and keep a conversation at a balanced viewpoint.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Im totally using air biscuit from now on.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I started watching again yesterday - it's back on my DVR schedule... I didn't see it until last evening, but I was amazed at how quickly the hour went...

Sherri was my top choice to fill one of the chairs, I'm delighted they worked things out... Whoopi appears to be holding up the moderating job quite well...

I, too, noted that comment about Sherri's husband... Well, they gave it a shot, it didn't work, but the animosity seems to be gone... That will cut down on her material, quite a bit...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. Whoopi is very calming and appears to see all sides. I like that.

I'm so tired of Barbara that it's a win win that the chair was filled. I enjoy Sherri. She did mention her and her husband were separated.

I just wish Joy would stop talking over everyone. Elisabeth does it too, but it appears that every time Elisabeth goes to speak, Joy just overpowers her so Elisabeth keeps talking. Drives me crazy when they all do it.

Air biscuit is a funny term - when my daughter was little, we used "touch of the wind"

I completely agree. I'm watching right now, and Whoopi really is just so calming...and I think she's a calming influence on them all. I think all the ladies compliment each other quite well.

Anyway, just wanted to echo everyone's sentiment about how happy I am with Whoopi so far.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey

Whoopi understands that her biggest contribution is making sure that everyone has a fair chance to voice their thoughts, and that the discussion keeps flowing. Meredith did that incredibly well, and its nice to see hot topics return to that. It does probably mean we get to hear less of Whoopi's own views on a subject, just like we used to hear less of Meredith's. But it brings hot topics back to a controlled chaos rather than the mess it was last season, and that's a nice return.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

It's not airing here in NY due to the reading of the names of the 9/11 victims. Did they happen to mention 9/11 this morning??

I was on a call and couldn't hear everything that was said; but yes, they did mention it at the beginning of the show.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread