+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Now it is officially official, welcome to The View Sherri!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2562587;
    Just finished watching The View from yesterday. I am loving Whoopi! Noticed that at the beginning of the last segment, when the male and female guests (can't remember their names or claims to fame) came out, the man walked straight past Elisabeth to greet Joy and the rest of the women. When he got to Whoopi she told him, in a low voice, to go back and greet Elisabeth! And he did! Now, that's what I call taking control!
    Good for Whoopi. How rude is it to ignore someone, though. It could be a simple oversight (it does get confusing), but it seems many guests ignore her and are applauded for it.

FORT Fanatic

have to admit, if i was a guest on the show, i too would hurry past bitsy so would meet joy and whoopi.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2562088;
    Good point.

A little Seattle birdie told me today that the talk is that Seattle might hire him to be their third string QB as they've recently lost theirs. So he'd be there with his brother.

On a side note, Matt Hasselbeck is taking some major flack in the press for supporting George W. Bush and giving him a jersey at some Republican fundraising event the other day. Apparently there have been a lot of Seahawk fans calling for a boycott, etc.
    He can do what he wants as a private citizen. If he's giving Bush a Seahawks jersey he's representing the team. The team, and its fans, don't by any means all support Bush.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2565296;
    He can do what he wants as a private citizen. If he's giving Bush a Seahawks jersey he's representing the team. The team, and its fans, don't by any means all support Bush.
    Any team that wins a national championship typically gives the president a jersey when they visit the White House. That's not a statement of support for the president, but a token of appreciation for the meeting. I see Matt giving Bush a Seahawks jersey in the same way. It's not an endorsement, it's a gift.

I'm still not happy about Sherri joining the group. Barabara has given up totally on the idea of a diversity of experiences in favor of a lot of quick one liners.

FORT Fogey

I think there is a nice mix on the show now. Elisabeth is 30, Sherri is 40 and then you have Whoopi in her 50's, Joy in her 60's and Babs.

FORT Fogey

But you've got three women who have all worked in stand up comedy, dabbling in acting. Different perspectives don't merely come from age. They come from life experiences, and there's no diversity in the life experiences with this panel.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2565244;
    Good for Whoopi. How rude is it to ignore someone, though. It could be a simple oversight (it does get confusing), but it seems many guests ignore her and are applauded for it.
    And it is extremely childish and petty of them to do so. Good for Whoopi.

On another note, I for one, couldn't be happier with the View's current host line-up. Adding both Whoopi and Sherri is the icing on the cake, imo.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2565340;
    But you've got three women who have all worked in stand up comedy, dabbling in acting. Different perspectives don't merely come from age. They come from life experiences, and there's no diversity in the life experiences with this panel.

Of the three, they have very different backgrounds. Whoopi is already a Grandmother, Joy's only child is just getting married and Sherri has a young child. They may have the fact that they have done stand-up in common, but that's about all I see.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2565342;
    On another note, I for one, couldn't be happier with the View's current host line-up. Adding both Whoopi and Sherri is the icing on the cake, imo.
    ITA! So happy when Sherri walked out this morning...I panel finally looks complete, when they were showing a shot of the entire table with all the ladies, the table was full and it made me smile (I know, I'm a nerd). I liked the little segment they did with Sherri too, where they talked about her life and her background and showed all the pictures. She's too funny!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread