+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 1121 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637771275271027 ... LastLast
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    I'm also jumping on the "she must have had gastric bypass" to lose all that weight. And if she doesn't feel like discussing it, so be it.

I know a few people who have done it and they really do have a lot of flabby skin after losing so much weight so quickly. I even remember seeing a segment on the View about people who have had gastric bypass. One woman lost an incredible amount of weight and was now getting ready to have cosmetic surgery to lose the flab. She also said that when she was overweight, she wouldn't go to the beach because she was so fat. Now that she was much thinner, she still couldn't go to the beach because of all the flab. It just is not a pretty picture!

What I find odd about this latest news is that she had her recent surgery in Santa Monica, CALIFORNIA while hubby had to get stitches after his injury in the gym in NEW YORK!!??!!

Anyone else think that is strange that hubby wouldn't be at her side while she was having surgery?
    I know! SHe can explain the whole ring on the right finger away but how do you explain your husband not being by your side during a surgery. Nope! No matter what she says I don't buy that they are this picture perfect happy couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Pom's comments aren't that unfounded as their have been rumors since the beginning. The other thing i heard was that if it wasn't GP then it could've been the Lap band that she had placed.
    I have heard many people say it was the lap band instead of gastric. Wonder what they will about her during the show tomorrow? I also wonder what Meredith will say in regards to the "Today" show.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I'm not really concerned what kind of surgery she has but I think she'd probably be better off to just say that she had the by pass, tummy tuck, whatever and she wasn't going to talk about it. It's almost like she wants to be the topic of conversation and knows that if she just set things straight that most people would just think, oh okay, and let it go.
    Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by lil'olme View Post
    Sorry, to offend those that like her, but she is an idiot. She THINKS she is so worldly, and tries to impress with her boldness of telling HER side, but she's a little girl, and she should NEVER have been put on the show. Gawd, whoever picked her should be shot.

ITA lil'olme

Every time I see her I scream at the TV SHUT the FVUK Elisabeth, she makes me so sick, I wish she would get replaced, please bring back Debbie.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    *If* her marriage really is rocky for the reason the tabloids have speculated it will be interesting to see what happens when her "renovation" is complete and more men might be interested. Of course she might just feel, where were you before, I'm still the same person.

men are interested in her? WHO? beside Alice?

obviously, she got surgery, but who cares... I believe her losing weight naturally just about as much as i believe Jared lost weight eating subway sandwiches

I only saw the last 20 mins. of the show but at the end they said that Meredith is leaving to go to the Today show!! That's too bad. Well good for her but she's not the serious news type. I guess the show is a mix of fun and news, news.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol View Post
    I only saw the last 20 mins. of the show but at the end they said that Meredith is leaving to go to the Today show!! That's too bad. Well good for her but she's not the serious news type. I guess the show is a mix of fun and news, news.
    As I understand it, Meredith has 20 years "serious news" under her belt already. I think she came to The View from "serious news".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol View Post
    She used to be a correspondent on 60 Minues. I'd say that's pretty news-y! She started out in news - Chicago Bureau Chief for the CBS Nightly News and anchor on the CBS Morning News. Because she does the "chatty morning show" thing so well, I think people forget her news background. I think she's a great choice to replace Katie.

She and Joy are the only two I like on The View. Good for her that she finally got out! I can't even imagine (nor do I probably want to) who they'll get to replace her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I can't believe none of you who watch the View hasn't mentioned about Joy getting totally bent out of shape at Star when she phoned in. It's been on The Soup and The Best Week Ever. Both shows showed the whole clip of it.. HA STERICAL!

I'll relate what I can remember..

Star calls in to talk about her booblift recovery. Everyone is being cordial and asking her questions, yadda yadda.. Star, naturally, is just eating up that they're asking questions and she just keeps going and going and going.. "I'm 40 but my boobs think they're 20". {barf}
    Then she starts bringing up Al and how he needed stitches, yadda yadda.. One of the cameras shows Joy..and she has an annoyed look on her face and suddenly grabs a piece of paper, scribbles something on it and looks over to Meredith. She then taps on the paper...like..."shut her UP already!!" and gives a huge ole eyebrow raise and a disgusted look on her face.
    So, Star is still talking away... and suddenly Joy interrupts her, "ALRIGHT STAR, enough about YOU! Lets talk about us now".. (not verbatim) They start to close out this "session" with Star and the audience is clapping, the women are talking or whatever and you hear Star say in the background.."Joy nice to see that you're still a bitch."
    Totalllllly hysterical! GO JOY! Kick her ass!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Maveno, my sister mentionned Star calling Joy a bitch but didn't know why. I came to this thread a couple of days ago to see if anyone posted anything, but found nothing.

Thank you so much for your account. Sounds hilarious. It's about time somebody shuts Star's big trap.

+ Reply to Thread