+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree977Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Given that Sherri does live in LA, I wonder if she's not appearing as often as she is because its convenient rather than because she's got the edge in getting the job permanently. She's done it enough that it's easy to put her in there. When they replaced Debbie, and then when they replaced Lisa, they auditioned replacements on the air. But then with Rosie, they pretty much plugged her in there without having her guest much. With a lot of the peopel who've been guesting this Summer, I'm hoping they're fillers and not auditions.

The LA issue does make sense.
    If she's flying in to appear on the show then it's only worth he while if she's on at least a couple of shows I would imagine.
    Also, as the Friday show is taped (which irks me as they only work a few hours a day as it is and I don't like pretaped Hot Topics) then I would expect her to be on at least twice as it's likely she'll do the taped show too.

I don't really know who I'd like to see as permanent co-hosts because I don't think Babs, Joy and Elisabeth work well together at the moment so it's hard for me to imagine who would be a good fit when I don't think the three already there are right.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic

I think I missed something, but Elisabeth brought it up twice that Hilary Clinton believed there were WMD's but then changed her mind (and she reminded us innumerable times that she doesn't like Hilary) -- what makes it okay for Elisabeth's Bush Idol to flip-flop but it's not okay that Hilary reversed her opinion on the exact same topic?

Elisabeth is really getting on my nerves. She keeps interrupting trying to look smart or funny but instead she comes off as desperate and annoying!

FORT Fogey

The annoying ones, IMO, are Joy and Babs, not Elisabeth. I enjoy watching Elisabeth.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2478054;
    The annoying ones, IMO, are Joy and Babs, not Elisabeth. I enjoy watching Elisabeth.
    Ditto!

FORT Fogey

All three of them annoy me at times, and I enjoy all three of them at times. I guess that just proves that the drive to get a diverse representation of women worked.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

On the radio this morning, Sherri Shepherd indicates that she's now willing to move to New York, and definitely wants the job. The work hours have her thinking differently, apparently. She said she wanted to stay in California because she really wanted to persue acting. You can't persue acting in New York? Don't stage careers last longer, anyway? Whatever, Sherri. Can't say that I care much one way or another. I'm sure getting away from the woman that participated in causing trouble in her marriage doesn't the cause, either.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-17-2007 at 11:27 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

wow...i must not have logged in recently. i'm not keen on the new web layout...too much "noise"/visual mess going on.

anyways...i have no probs with nellie gay men, but this "intern" guy needs to lower his voice. it's the high pitch that is irritating.

and does anyone else notice that when there is a discussion re a presidential candidate, EH needs to say something about national security. will the scare tactics never end?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;2478221;

and does anyone else notice that when there is a discussion re a presidential candidate, EH needs to say something about national security. will the scare tactics never end?
    I think that Elisabeth is a one-topic voter, and national security is her hot-button issue. I don't see that as any different than some very ardent feminists who consider abortion to be the end-all be-all issue, and bring that into any political race - although some may consider the threats of back-alley abortions to be scare tactics too. I get a little frustrated at times with one-topic voters regardless of what their one topic is. But I can appreciate their right to vote as they do, and I certainy appreciate the passion they have for the political process!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Elisabeth's voice has got to be one of the most irritating things that I've ever experienced. Plus she talks very fast. She sounds like some kind of manic bird. I'd rather hear Ross' voice any day. It's like she is on speed today. She reminds me of that obnoxious-voiced girl on BB8.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread