+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

That does make a lot of sense. I can see how Rosie would figure that they could tape a bunch of shows in a block, allowing her to go out there for a week or so every couple of months. I can also see how the producers would be reluctant to do that, because of the logistics of filling the studio audience.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2453066;
    For some reason, I think there is more behind the story about Rosie and the "price is right" Don't know what, just think there is more to it. Its something she seemed she wanted so badly. She knew when she was campaigning and she really was campaigning that she would have to relocate to Los Angeles. She also said it was her life long dream to host. Now she is saying she is rich again(from the few other articled I read), and doesn't need the money. She seems to use the "rich" card when she doesn't do projects. There are a lot of celebrities who are plenty rich and they keep working, so they can beome even richer, like Oprah.
    Rosie does work.
    She's been on Nip Tuck a few times with more to come, plus she has her Family Vacations Cruise company that likely brings in a pretty penny.
    I think she does all manner of things that we never got to hear about when she wasn't in the public eye after she quit her show.
    The relocation issue sounds right to me, but even if she never took another tv job again in her life they have plenty of money.
    She doesn't need to chase more, if the desire isn't there then she can stay at home if she wishes.
    "That's Numberwang!"

So how long is The View on vacation? All summer or just a couple of weeks?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can understand not wanting to uproot the family unless it is absolutely necessary. If everybody is happy and doing well where they are, they are financially super-comfortable...it's not always about the quest to become richer. I'd opt for happiness with my life, too. There are advantages to living in the east. Their cruise business is in the east, the Broadway shows are in the east, they can go through season changes in the east. The inlaws are in the southeast, I think, and they are close to them. I can see all kinds of reasons not to want to move to stupid LA! Just like Sherrie Shepherd does not want to move from LA to New York. I just glad to see that Rosie doesn't think that it is all about her.

Personally, I think TPIR would be more interesting if done from different locations around the country! I"d like to see them think outside the box!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

anything Rosie has to say about the Price is right is about as truthful as her saying she's gonna be on the View for specials from time to time or that her and Elis were ever friends.

her meeting went like this:

PIR execs: So, Rosie we would love for you to be the next host of PIR

Rosie: That's awesome.

PIR execs: We only have one requirement. This is a family show, no doom and gloom here. We just want people to feel good, play some plinko, and win lots of money. The only message to viewers we want to hear from your lips is "Have you pets spayed and neutered"; no conspiracy theories, impeachment, iraq talk and no subliminal messages to the military people that frequent our show. Do this on your own time. Will you agree to these terms? if so, then the job is yours.

Rosie: Um, sorry um i can't agree to those terms ...err i mean i can't uproot my family... in fact i need to go home to my lil Vivi and dress her up with ammo take a pic and put it up on my blog "to make people think" (buzzphrase)

-----

Rosie needs a therapist or two or three...

FORT Fogey

I have to wonder what Vivi's grandmother, Melanie, thought about that picture??

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm sure she had a cow!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick;2453060;
    I did read your post and responded accordingly. People take passages from the Bible out of context on both sides. Biggest issue I had was with you calling Christianity a cult.
    Sigh. Since I specifically said that the ammunition bigots look for is NOT to be found in the reported words of Jesus, it is odd that you would respond in an apparent attempt to rebut what I said by saying essentially the same thing. But whatever.

If you read a little more carefully, you might also have noted that I did not refer to ALL of Christianity as a cult, but to one small and extremist segment of it.You might also object to that: fine, that's your opinion. But do me a favor and don't ascribe things to me that I haven't actually said.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill;2455334;
    Sigh. Since I specifically said that the ammunition bigots look for is NOT to be found in the reported words of Jesus, it is odd that you would respond in an apparent attempt to rebut what I said by saying essentially the same thing. But whatever.

If you read a little more carefully, you might also have noted that I did not refer to ALL of Christianity as a cult, but to one small and extremist segment of it.You might also object to that: fine, that's your opinion. But do me a favor and don't ascribe things to me that I haven't actually said.
    Like I said in my original post I didn't want to get into a debate and was more then polite. You said your piece, I said mine. Have a lovely day.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Fanatic

Boxhill, I think what you are missing is that there isn't a small extremist cult of Christianity known at the "Born-again cult" Jesus is actually the one who does refer and uses the phrase to be Born again. As a Christian it isn't like you go look for the " Born again" sector or church and join up. If you were to go to the first say Baptist church you came across and ask the people who attend there if they are " born again" the majority would say yes.
    The term "born again" is really just a phrase most Christians use to mean they have made a choice to follow Christ as a way of life.

+ Reply to Thread