+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2448656;
    On to today's show, what did y'all think of Molly Shannon's outfit?? Not the best choice, IMO.
    I'm not a fan of shorts with high heels.
    It just looks off to me.
    Not a look I'd go for.
    She's got pretty good legs though and I thought she carried it off ok, just not my favourite look.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Perhaps on someone younger, that look would not have been so out of place. I just did not think Molly is the type to carry it off.

FORT Fanatic

I think a lot more goes on in that makeup room and off screen that ramps up the women. Clearly there was more between Rosie and EH that lead to their feud. So I would make the leap that they often say things off camera in pre-hot topic discussions that makes it into the thought process of the on air segments.

EH is very guilty of wanting to say what she wants to say before she listens to the whole sentence. I think she is put on the defensive so often being sort of the lone voice in her camp that she has lost the ability to hear the entire thought.

Although I can imagine with time crunch and 3-4 other loud passionate women they all come on wound tight and ready to fight for their view.

Interesting if true.
    From USA Today.com

Stories just get stranger and stranger regarding who'll land the first Paris Hilton post-jail interview. Entertainment Tonight is now reporting that Paris called Barbara Walters from jail last night asking the ABC Journalist to conduct the heiress' first post-jail interview and that Barbara Walters DECLINED Hilton's request.

I hope everyone else turns her down too.
    Cut off the publicity that she so craves.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hmmmm, that is surprising! I thought BW was PH's newest BFF!

Maybe she (BW) turned down the interview because the View will be on vacation when PH gets sprung from the slammer. Maybe BW already had some exotic vacation planned in advance and won't be around for any kind of interview. Or maybe PH wanted to be paid and BW wouldn't go that route?

Why does this bird even need an interview? Haven't we seen/heard enough already?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

No one is worth a mil. for an interview, they should be ashamed of themselves.
    I bet she asked for money and when the networks refused, so did Babwa since technically she's already been her speaker box. I'm sure on monday that's what her mouth will be filled with.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

I read this morning that NBC is denying that they paid for the interview, and claims that ABC started that rumor to diminish NBC getting it over ABC. I think that neither network technically pays for interviews, so both can deny it. But I think that both networks do their share of "I'll provide money to fund this event that you want to put on, or I'll televise this special that you want to present, etc etc etc" which any normal person would interpret as payment, although technically it is not so the networks can deny it.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

that's what they were saying on headline news too. they also said that the hiltons offered the million dollar interview to abc and barbara walters but they turned them down.

Speaking of Barbara Walters, who always seemed more concerned about appearance than journalism, James Wolcott had a great blog item:

What a bringdown Barbara Walters has become. Any spark of life on The View is immediately snuffed by her hostessy notion of propriety. I tuned in this morning and there was Walters reading Paris Hilton's jailhouse quotes (about finding spirituality and shucking her party-girl frivolities) with a grave solemnity worthy of Martin Luther King's Letter from Birmingham Jail.

Whether Paris Hilton's new leaf is sincere or a calculated PR move, a raised skeptical eyebrow is hardly an unwarranted response, but whenever Joy Behar made a scoffing wisecrack about how convenient it is for perps to suddenly find religion behind bars, Walters would arrowily intercept it midair with one of her pursed-lipped pieties. "I'm not Paris Hilton's spokesperson or defender," Walters declared at one point, but that's exactly how she's been behaving, informing us about a 100 times that she's friends with Paris's mother, and shooting down doubts or wisecracks with her prim little reprimands, as if policing poor manners.

Joy Behar has been put in a tricky spot post-Rosie O'Donnell. Before, she could throw out a one-liner and Rosie could bat it around or try to top it, but laughter doesn't seem to come naturally to Walters, who seems to be calculating the fallout or backlash from whatever rude comment might be slung around the table, and Behar's interjections and oh-please get-real eyerollings are treated as if they need to be quarantined, kept in check. There was a testy undertone to Walters' responses today, as if she were miffed that Joy dared question or snipe at the substance of her latest celebrity scoop.

It's as if Behar's only allowed to be funny if the humor is tonally respectful and appropriate, but it is the very nature of comedy to be inappropriate, to cut through pretense and blurt what's actually on people's minds and deliver it with spin to home plate. Walters, however, is dedicated to maintaining that pretense of decorum. Rosie's boisterous presence gave the studio audience permission to respond naturally to humor or controversy. With Walters, the permission comes with restrictions--inspection standards. Walters sets up an invisible series of checkpoints, which is why the Hot Topics conversation on The View has never been choppier.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Geez.......please let Barbara.Just.Go.Away.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread