+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

On another note, I just read at the NY Post site that The View will be in repeats for the next two weeks and that they will all be Rosie-less repeats.

But, in August, when they are on a longer hiatus, there will be repeats that include her.

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;2447093;
    Seems like I am the minority here, I actually liked Gayle. It's Barbara I can't stand.
    I really liked Gayle.
    She was cool, calm and professional.
    A very nice contrast from Star the previous day.
    I would think Gayle is far too busy to be able to take on the job, but I'd actually prefer her to Whoopi as moderator.

ETA. Gayle is moderating this morning and I think doing a pretty good job.
    She started telling a story about a couple who registered for expensive wedding gifts with the intention of taking them back to get the money so they could buy something else.
    Gayle clearly thought this was incredibly low class and exclaimed "who would do something like that?" Sherri piped up, "ME!!!!"
    She then went to go on to say she returned gifts from Kathy Griffin and Brad Garrett among others so she could get a big screen tv.
    Why not just be honest and ask for money in the first place, or if you have everything you need as she claimed to, do what Kathy herself did and ask people to donate to charity instead of giving gifts?

Every time Sherri is on the show I find myself hoping she won't be back.

Interesting discussion about stem cell research this morning.
    Bitz called it unethical and said she doesn't want her tax dollars to fund something she finds unethical.
    Thankfully Joy was fast enough on her feet to counter that comment with one about her tax dollars being spent on the Iraq war.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-21-2007 at 12:16 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I just love Sherri. She is brutally honest and that is refreshing amongst the show biz crowd.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gayle has been an excellent moderator! She could definitely be the answer! She's doesn't have to be in the having the spotlight (but still gives her opinion), which allows her to put a topic out there, and relax and let others express their opinions. I found her performance outstanding!

Hot Topics is soooo much better when BW is not there. They certainly do take advantage of her absence, which tells me that all is not lost....we've just got to get rid of that old crow!!

Loved Joy zinging Elisabeth!!! And there was nothing with which Elisabeth could come back!! Loved it, Loved it, Loved it!!!!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just heard on the news that Meridith Vierra and NBC got the first interview with PH for $ 1 million. $800,000 from Hard Rock in Vegas for a release party, $1 million for an interview. Even jail is lucrative for the blond stick figure.

Her BFF BW didn't get the interview. Wonder why?

I don't know if it's because Barbara won't pay for interviews.
    Elisabeth did make a comment about not be happy hearing about 'all these pay interviews', I can't recall who they were talking about though as I'm multi-mutli-multi tasking today
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I bet Babs is ticked off!!! Especially since it is her old employee, Meredith, who will be handling the interview.

if anyone wants to know where Oprah stands on any topic then just listen to Gayle.

I didn't like the fact that when Sherri said she's a "spanker" immediately Gayle was like "noooo no noo" and turned to the audience to try to rally them against it.

some would say thats JUDGEMENT

JUST MY 2 CENTS...

Disagreeing with Sherri on spanking is just that.... disagreeing.

Had she formed and voiced an opinion of Sherri as a person because she spanks... that's passing judgment.

I didn't like the insight we got into Sherri today at all.
    I'd prefer not to see her on the show again as, for me, she adds nothing positive.

I thought Elisabeth responded in possibly the most ridiculous way I've ever heard to a comment Joy made about stem cell research.
    I didn't record the show and was working in my office while the tv was on in another room, but Joy made a comment about people possibly changing their mind about funding stem cell research if they were to ever get a disease that might benefit from the use of it.
    To which Elisabeth responded something along the lines of "are you wishing that on me?"
    Where on earth did that come from?
    Joy didn't even say she was wishing that on the people she was talking about, i.e. the people who vote on bills to fund stem cell research, let alone on Elisabeth.
    I fully admit I may have misheard though.

If that exchange would have been with Rosie we'd likely be reading the "Rosie wishes incurrable disease on Elisabeth" headlines already.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-21-2007 at 10:55 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread