+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I loved how Jon's face was an open book. You could see how annoyed he was getting with all of the ladies talking over one another and interrupting his answers.

They need to QUICKLY return to having only two of the ladies on stage interviewing guests. Having four Type A personalities trying to get their questions/comments heard doesn't work with guests and it's a shame.

FORT Fogey

Jon Bon Jovi is hotter now than he was 20 years ago!

As for Gayle, I could do without seeing her or Oprah ever again.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2445744;

I took an extra xanax (no joke) after I watch her on the view. To me she is nothing but a waste of human flesh. She strikes me as the type of woman who would burn down an abortion clinic and throw rocks at a gay family. I don't care that she says she is a christian, its that she is an extremist(She is like beyond extreme, she is mentally ill extreme) that bothers me. You know who she reminds me of the lady in texas who axed some guy to death and then she became a born again christian, shortly after. Nice try. Chop someone to pieces and suddenly you are changed person. Thankfully, Bush still gave her the death penalty.

I am not saying all "born again" people are like this, but it seems like she is using the "born again" thing because it tends to make her look this hyprocritical. Her stance actually makes her look like a bigger hyprocite then she already is. I actually don't even like to think to bring in religion when it comes to Star. I just think of her a a con woman and a manipulator. I don't buy her BS. She f'd up big time in her life, and now she thinks she has the right to judge others on what they do and how they choose to live there lives. SCREW YOU LADY! She is just as f'd up as she was 20 years ago, just a misguided f up. She should of thought before you stole, robbed, and had MULTIPLE(4) abortions, and used and abused drugs. And its not like she had a lot of little f'ups, she had a lot of big f'ups. Give me a break. She should be the last person preaching. She strikes me as great Maury guest.

She made me sick!

I did not like Star or her views, BUT............ a waste of human flesh? No, only a few people fall into that category and most are murders and child molestors, but not someone that had the courage to change. And just because she messed up 20 years ago, she doesn't have the right to change her life? So once a f up always an f up? I don't think so.
    I'm NOT the same person today I was 20 years ago. I made some mistakes, did some stupid things, but by your standard, then I'm still to be held to the fire for those mistakes? I did change my life around too. And all the mistakes and stupid things are what has made me who I am today because I LEARNED from them and learned I didn't want to do them again.

People change and they should be allowed too. Hey, I don't agree with Star's views, but I do appreciate she realized she was on a bad road and found a better one that works for her. What works for her, doesn't work for me and it may not work for others, but the important thing is SHE CHANGED and made herself a better person. By your reasoning, she should stil be on welfare, having abortions and doing drugs?

20 years ago I didn't want to have children. But I changed my mind, so because at one time I decided to be childless, I should have to be childless forever? Part of being human is the ability to adapt and change and I pesonally think its great she realized she needed to change and did so. But I also hope I never have to see her on my tv again.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

yikes! I got busy and I wasn't able to come back yesterday Star sure has stirred us up! I wanted to respond to Veruka re:Star and her current abortion beliefs.

My views on abortion are irrelevant right now so they will stay zipped. I think what really annoyed me was that Star was so dead set against abortion after having 4 herself.
    She got 4, four, FOUR! chances to start with a clean slate. She could have been chained to 4 unwanted children, neglecting and abusing them (I am making this asumption on info that she provided about her former lifestyle) instead she was able to start fresh 4 different times, yet she would deny access to the service to ALL women - not just those using it as birth control - because she has turned her own life around and taken a liking to the bible.
    What if a woman in similar circumstances had decided the same thing just a year before Star needed her first abortion? What if the gov't had listened and closed all of the clinics? What if she wasn't able to get an abortion? Would she still be writing books and working the talk show circut? I don't think so. Abortion is legal and accessable because it's an unfortunate necessity.

I'm glad that everything worked out for the woman, but instead of leading by example and encouraging people to take a better path like she has, she'd rather throw down gates in front of every ill-advised thing she has ever done to prevent instead of educate.

I don't like her style and I certainly don't think she has the right to judge me or you or what we have to do, or have done to make it to this point in life.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2446338;
    yikes! I got busy and I wasn't able to come back yesterday Star sure has stirred us up! I wanted to respond to Veruka re:Star and her current abortion beliefs.

My views on abortion are irrelevant right now so they will stay zipped. I think what really annoyed me was that Star was so dead set against abortion after having 4 herself.
    She got 4, four, FOUR! chances to start with a clean slate. She could have been chained to 4 unwanted children, neglecting and abusing them (I am making this asumption on info that she provided about her former lifestyle) instead she was able to start fresh 4 different times, yet she would deny access to the service to ALL women - not just those using it as birth control - because she has turned her own life around and taken a liking to the bible.
    What if a woman in similar circumstances had decided the same thing just a year before Star needed her first abortion? What if the gov't had listened and closed all of the clinics? What if she wasn't able to get an abortion? Would she still be writing books and working the talk show circut? I don't think so. Abortion is legal and accessable because it's an unfortunate necessity.

I'm glad that everything worked out for the woman, but instead of leading by example and encouraging people to take a better path like she has, she'd rather throw down gates in front of every ill-advised thing she has ever done to prevent instead of educate.

I don't like her style and I certainly don't think she has the right to judge me or you or what we have to do, or have done to make it to this point in life.
    I think there is another way to look at her situation. From the bit of her story we heard yesterday, we know that her life was turned around when she was faced with a reality check. She got a job, and had employers who were the first in her life to flat out tell her "What you are doing is unacceptable". Up until that point, she'd been surrouded by a bunch of people and policies which enabled her behavior. So you may be entirely right, and if abortion had been illegal at time in her life, she may have been faced with raising 5 children and would have gone down an entirely different path. OR, getting pregnant the first time may have been the wake up call that she ended up getting later in life, which forced her to own up to her behavior rather than continuing to have her bad behavior enabled.

Consider this -- welfare did not get her out of poverty. Abortion did not make her more sexually responsible. Law enforcement did not get her to stop breaking the law. Each of the methods intended to help people that she advocates against did not help her. So in that respect, perhaps what she is truly advocating against is enablers.

I fear that the excuses that some are making for her are just another form of enabling.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I agree with you, Duxxy. It's very admirable that Star Parker was able to turn her life around thanks to three young gentlemen that decided to witness to her and demonstrate the forgiveness that is Christianity. It would be admirable if Star Parker followed that path.

Unfortunately, I don't agree with Star's comportment yesterday, nor do I agree with the "I learned from my mistakes so therefore I'm going to help you by not allowing you to make your own, too" philosophy. Too hypocritical for me.

FORT Fogey

Star certainly generated a lot more interest than bland Gayle King. Looks like we have Gayle again tomorrow. Oh well.

Seems like I am the minority here, I actually liked Gayle. It's Barbara I can't stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2446158;
    is Barbara and Rosie having a feud?
    I don't think so. Rosie invited her to the True Colors concert at Radio City Music Hall last week.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

They really need to hire someone soon because Barbara every day is just way too much.

I read on People.com this morning that they are having Mario Cantone and Ross the Intern as guest hosts in July. I don't like the idea of having a man as a guest host. Kind of defeats the purpose of the show. Plus, a little Mario goes a long way.

+ Reply to Thread