+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fan

Re: The View

Your post is well written, but I didn't see Star in the same light as you did. Its interesting that people can see one person totally different.

For me, one day of Star is more than enough. But in some ways I wish we could have a whole week from her, because I saw the hate and judgement in one day, that I think you would see if you saw a full week of her.

I find people like Star very dangerous. I don't think she should have a platform to speak. I found her arrogant and ignorant. A bad combo.

FORT Fogey

Looks like Gayle King is scheduled for today.

I have not been impressed with her in the past. I guess we will have to listen to Barbara gush over Oprah.

FORT Fanatic

I don't think because someone experiences something and realizes it is wrong for them it makes them judgemental. Star even said after 4 she decided it was not the right thing for her and had the next child. She spoke from experience and who better to say hey I did this or that and it was tragic for me? Seems to me her life is definitely a 180 from where she was so I think she knows of which she speaks.
    What is missing here is BW and JB kept asking her about different topics. She didn't start out with here is my agenda. They told her specs in detail then started moving to other topics based on her saying she is a Christian. Being defined by your belief doesn't make you an extremist it makes you Hot instead of lukewarm. If only some of our political persons could make a firm stand on what they believe and what they stand for with issues. She said firmly from a Biblical stand for me I believe this. She consistantly put it on herself. She did not bring up gay marriage Joy did she didn't bring up masturbation Joy did. She said she was a born again Christian and BW asked for more indepth dialogue and then JOY proceeded to mock her belief.
    I found it refreshing in such a popular opinion world that she was firm in her beliefs and stood strong and apparently has for the last 20 years. Before that she was floundering and obviously at rock bottom.

At the very least something is definately working for her if she is no longer using abortion as birth control, on welfare, doing drugs and other crimes. It sounds like she is being judged for her beliefs because she is firm in them and being accused of being judgemental when really there are different types of judgement. Moral judgement is something we all pass as a society every day. It is wrong to kill, steal, lie,abandon babies, gossip, and not to long ago most people thought adultery and promiscuity was pretty imoral. Things do change with popular opinion it doesn't make it right. She wasn't saying people who do those things are horrible and I am so great and can now pass judgement she spoke from a biblical stand point she now has after finding that her life was pretty much as low as it could go. She judged herself and made changes and now holds those beliefs that those things were wrong for her and she would not do them again.

FORT Fogey

Joy was definately mocking Star's beliefs. She even made a snide remark about Star being born again, saying that she had been born once and that was enough.

FORT Fanatic

yes she was crass as usual and also made the remark like born again was there still a little bit of placenta on your lip? Gross as always and doesn't agree so lets put you down and mock you instead of just hearing her out and making a reasonable alternate view point.

is Barbara and Rosie having a feud?

FORT Fogey

Bon Jovi was fantastic!! They sang two songs.

I found Gayle to be very boring today. Nothing of any real interest from Hot Topics.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think that Gayle without Oprah doesn't work very well. Sometimes, best friends really need each other.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2446251;
    I think that Gayle without Oprah doesn't work very well. Sometimes, best friends really need each other.
    I agree. I've always thought that Gayle's greatest appeal when she's doing things with Oprah is that she shows the more "regular human" side of Oprah. She knows her as a regular person instead of a huge media mogul, and it's fun to see the way she is able to show that side of Oprah to the rest of us. She's an average TV personality, but without Oprah around to show her real strength (humanizing Oprah) average doesn't cut it.

MRD

I want to make a memory with Jon Bon Jovi!!!!!

Gayle was Blah. Jon Bon Jovi looked like crap and seemed like he'd rather be anywhere than on that couch. But at least he perked up when they performed.

Even looking like crap, he still looks good.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread