+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

"Black conservative playbook "

what is that?

about EH, i just thought it was interesting how the cameras frame her... i love women, but she not my type. She does however look good when pregnant.

i am almost 100% sure that nobody else named Star will ever be on the view again...

FORT Fogey

Elisabeth is gorgeous. I loved her on "The Look For Less" before she was hired for The View.

I think EH is attractive but she too "simple" for my tastes.
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2445424;
    SOT: I think the View is trying to get more straight males to watch, they have Elis sitting angled in that chair all the time with thigh and legs taking up a quarter of the screen
    That's not going to work. She's pretty, but very annoying. And, guys aren't going to watch a bunch of women babble and talk over each other.

FORT Fogey

I went into watching today's episode of The View expecting the very worst, and came out of it feeling rather neutral towards Star. I don't think she was a good fit in the role she was put in - partly her fault, and partly the producer's fault. It's evident that the vast vast majority of her TV experience is in being the interview subject and/or debating her point of view on debate shows. She doesn't have hosting experience, and is not well versed in how to compose a question and do an interview. In those ways, her weaknesses showed. I fault her for not being humble enough to recognize her inexperience, and I also fault the producers for throwing her into those waters and being surprised that she couldn't swim.

Towards the end of hot topics, Barbara seemed disgruntled that so much of the segment became about Star. That made no sense to me at all since Barbara was the one who started it all by wanting to know about her and her story. If you ask someone to tell you about themselves, don't be surprised if they oblige!

I will say that I really really disagree with those who've commented her about disliking her judgemental nature. I have to say honestly that I did not see her as all that judgemental. Does the woman have some very strong views? Absolutely, and she's far from afraid to express them. But I have to say I was very impressed with the way she presented things as being what she believed, and explained the origins of her beliefs. I did not hear her saying much of anything to put down other points of view, or diminish people who did not see the world in the same way she does. I didn't hear her preaching from a standpoint of "This is the only way to think, and if you don't, you're wrong". Rather, I heard her saying "When you look at the world the way I do, this is the conclusion that you draw". I have a lot of respect for anyone who can take that approach. In fact, I think that in that respect, Barbara, Joy, and Elisabeth could learn a few things from her.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2445547;
    I don't understand how she can be viewed as a "MAJOR LOSER" when she has turned her life completely around from the MAJOR LOSER life that she was living before. And the woman definitely has an education...just not the kind that so many people even think about when using the word "education". She has a serious education in street life, something which more of the formally educated people could use. Yes, she could round herself out with some formal education (are we sure that she has had none?), just as formally educated persons could round themselves out with more street sense. Each education has its benefits. Stop and think about the people who never turn their lives around. :nono

And, Mr. Snark , I don't get pissed while driving. I'm no angel, but IMO, that is pointless. I will not let some idiot jackass (now, that is who the MAJOR LOSER really is) have control of my emotions. "Permission Denied!!!"

And I still don't know exactly what I think about her holding forth in a public forum. I do know that I found her somewhat annoying.
    Sorry Prh. I love you to death but I find this person to be a fraud.

I took an extra xanax (no joke) after I watch her on the view. To me she is nothing but a waste of human flesh. She strikes me as the type of woman who would burn down an abortion clinic and throw rocks at a gay family. I don't care that she says she is a christian, its that she is an extremist(She is like beyond extreme, she is mentally ill extreme) that bothers me. You know who she reminds me of the lady in texas who axed some guy to death and then she became a born again christian, shortly after. Nice try. Chop someone to pieces and suddenly you are changed person. Thankfully, Bush still gave her the death penalty.

I am not saying all "born again" people are like this, but it seems like she is using the "born again" thing because it tends to make her look this hyprocritical. Her stance actually makes her look like a bigger hyprocite then she already is. I actually don't even like to think to bring in religion when it comes to Star. I just think of her a a con woman and a manipulator. I don't buy her BS. She f'd up big time in her life, and now she thinks she has the right to judge others on what they do and how they choose to live there lives. SCREW YOU LADY! She is just as f'd up as she was 20 years ago, just a misguided f up. She should of thought before you stole, robbed, and had MULTIPLE(4) abortions, and used and abused drugs. And its not like she had a lot of little f'ups, she had a lot of big f'ups. Give me a break. She should be the last person preaching. She strikes me as great Maury guest.

She made me sick!

FORT Fogey

Snarkattack, what would you consider to be one example of how she was judging other people on the show today? I would absolutely say that she held many views which are often times expressed by very judgemental people. However, I can honestly say that I didn't really hear that kind of judgement coming from the things she was saying today. So I'm curious to know what others saw in her that was so judgemental.
    Last edited by Veruka; 06-19-2007 at 09:46 PM.

FORT Fan

She is against abortion, yet she had 4 herself. She is against sexual education and birth control, she disapproves of people who masterbate, against people living together who aren't married, disapproves of gay marriage etc

Star made a lot of choices early in her life, but now all of sudden if people make some of the choices stated above, she passes judegment on them.
    Last edited by snarkattack; 06-19-2007 at 10:07 PM.

she was on H&C in case anybody is interested...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2445803;
    She is against abortion, yet she had 4 herself. She is against sexual education and birth control, she disapproves of people who masterbate, against people living together who aren't married, disapproves of gay marriage etc

It just seemed like it was okay for her to make the choices she wanted to make, but when it comes to the things I mentined above those choices are wrong in her book.

And by pointing these things out today on the show, makes her judgemental, because its not what Star DOES.
    First, I think a distinction needs to be made between what Star DID and what Star DOES. One of the key tenents of her religion is forgiveness. The only exposure I've ever had to the woman is her appearance on the show today, so I have no idea how she practives forgiveness herself. But I do have a good idea of how the God she has accepted into her life forgives, and that is good enough for me.

Second, what you heard as her disapproving for others, I honestly heard as her disapproving for herself. I heard her say that she did not approve of masturbation for herself, and did not believe that it was in line with the religious teachings she followed. I did not hear her say that others should not masturbate, nor did I hear her say that others must follow the religious teachings that she follows. She spoke of the ideals that she believes society should promote -- but did not speak ill of anyone who thinks that other ideals should be promoted. AND, perhaps most importantly when it comes to areas of judgement, when Joy's living arrangement was pointed out to her, she respected it, and even high-fived Joy. That to me says that she's willing to accept that everyone does not live as she does, and she's okay with that.

Lastly, and this somewhat goes back to my first point -- I think that she is as open as she is about her past not because she's still living that way, but because she's hoping that others can learn from the mistakes she made, recognize that there is another way, and avoid doing the things she did early on, which she acknowledges and accepts as being wrong. I did not get the impression from anything she said that ANY of the things she admits to doing in her past (the abortions, the welfare fraud, the robbery, etc) are things that she'd do today, nor would she support today. People change. If they are changing for the better, is it really a bad thing?

+ Reply to Thread