+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fan

Re: The View

Its fine that this woman cleaned up her act and has been "saved" for 20+ years, we all make mistakes, but since she feels the right to judge other people I am going to judge her. First of all she doesn't seem very educated, and somewhere along the way, she has probably been brainwashed, by Kirk Cameron. But C'mon, 4 abortions, didn't she learn after the first 3? Armed robbery, theft, etc. Sorry, that's a lot of f'ups. And she is telling people how they should live there lives. I find her pathetic.

And then she has the nerve telling people not to get upset while driving in Los Angeles or not to have road rage. Not everything has to do with being a good christian, being saved, or being born again. Getting pissed while driving is universal. She was a MAJOR LOSER!
    Last edited by snarkattack; 06-19-2007 at 03:26 PM.

FORT Fogey

I think she was a great choice today. She has lived and learned from her mistakes. Hopefully hearing about her experiences will show others who are headed down the wrong path that they can turn it around too.

She managed to get herself off of welfare and begin earning her own way.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;2445239;
    It was horrible how BW was scolding her about letting others talk, and to ask her question. Yeah, I doubt she'll ever be back.
    That was unnecessary, but 'tis BW. She believes she's the ruler of all the land. I will always dislike her for her behavior such as this. I also didn't like the way Babs presented her. I also think she said, "Another Star..." or something to the like.

Although, I felt bad for her being scolded, I didn't like the way she came off. But you can tell she's very passionate about her beliefs.
    I actually hope she isn't invited back. Damn, where was Margaret today? Kim?
    I guess they we're busy.:nono

I put the mute on the woman the minute she said things like "i used abortions as birth control' and not advocating sex-ed. Thing is, if she'd educated herself, maybe those 4 abortions could've been avoided. It's also silly to think that just because you don't educate teens on safe sex that it will in some way deter them from doing it. Um, hello? is that working? I don't think so(3 or 4 of my Jhs classmates had children before the age of 18). I have a sibling who has 2 kids and is only 19. Ignorance ins't bliss.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

hmm, I never heard of this Star Parker chick before

i happened to watch and don't think i have ever seen Joy so irritated by a guest co-host

once again coming from a person who is non-biased, why do people get so mad when people have a point of view vastly different than yours... wasn't that the point of bringing her on the show today... i'm sure the view did research before they put her on.

her speaking on abortion was coming from a person who had a pretty messed up past and used abortion as "birth control"

i think evrybody can agree that "birth control" is not a reason for abortion.

and i think everybody's stance on sex ed is wrong. look

NOT teaching sex ed doesn't work & Teaching sex ed doesn't work

people are gonna do what they want, people are stupid, people don't listen, people don't learn from examples even from people that have been there

anyways, the view doesn't know how to act when it's 2 vs. 2... 3 vs. 1 is more manageable for them

SOT: I think the View is trying to get more straight males to watch, they have Elis sitting angled in that chair all the time with thigh and legs taking up a quarter of the screen

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I think several of us have pointed out why we don't want to join her fan club yet, and it's not her views. It was how she presented them.

FORT Fogey

Maybe she has watched The View and thought the only way to be heard was to talk loudly over everyone else.

FORT Fanatic

I think she made herself very clear that she now views everything from a biblical perspective so that defines her choices. Whether it is to get an abortion or to yell at someone in traffic. I didn't think she was judging because they kept asking her questions about her life and what she thought now. She used herself as an example of what did and did not work for her.
    Joy initiated the conversation about gay marriage and she gave her opinion again by stating she views it from a biblical view. Joy asked her about other sexual topics etc.
    BW was so rude to her when she noted that she was divorced prior to her life change and then told her to "practice what she preaches" imo it is extremely rude to ask someone to be a guest knowing their life story, she has a web site and several books, then berate them for their view. They didn't let her just present her view or argue the point they were condesending and outright rude to her and it was obvious they were annoyed at her beliefs.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2445327;
    Its fine that this woman cleaned up her act and has been "saved" for 20+ years, we all make mistakes, but since she feels the right to judge other people I am going to judge her. First of all she doesn't seem very educated, and somewhere along the way, she has probably been brainwashed, by Kirk Cameron. But C'mon, 4 abortions, didn't she learn after the first 3? Armed robbery, theft, etc. Sorry, that's a lot of f'ups. And she is telling people how they should live there lives. I find her pathetic.

And then she has the nerve telling people not to get upset while driving in Los Angeles or not to have road rage. Not everything has to do with being a good christian, being saved, or being born again. Getting pissed while driving is universal. She was a MAJOR LOSER!
    I don't understand how she can be viewed as a "MAJOR LOSER" when she has turned her life completely around from the MAJOR LOSER life that she was living before. And the woman definitely has an education...just not the kind that so many people even think about when using the word "education". She has a serious education in street life, something which more of the formally educated people could use. Yes, she could round herself out with some formal education (are we sure that she has had none?), just as formally educated persons could round themselves out with more street sense. Each education has its benefits. Stop and think about the people who never turn their lives around. :nono

And, Mr. Snark , I don't get pissed while driving. I'm no angel, but IMO, that is pointless. I will not let some idiot jackass (now, that is who the MAJOR LOSER really is) have control of my emotions. "Permission Denied!!!"

And I still don't know exactly what I think about her holding forth in a public forum. I do know that I found her somewhat annoying.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

That is how I saw it too. They asked her for her opinions then put her down for them.

Barbara was especially rude, seeing that she was in the Moderator chair.

Bitsy is attractive to straight males. Hush your mouth and say it ain't so! That's one of the main reasons that I can actually tolerated her sometimes. I agree with her viewpoints about 30%of the time (mostly on moral issues). As for Star Parker, I can't get over the fact she had FOUR abortions. Her politics is the same old Black conservative playbook that I heard before and won't fall for it. They have a tendency to oversimplify problems within the Black population of America.
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread