+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1506Likes

Thread: The View

MRD

Re: The View

OK, I'm still watching even though I said I wouldn't.

I swear that Elizabeth is dressing out of my 85 year old aunt's closet. The dress she had on for BW walk of fame and a few other things from last week, look like some of the stuff my aunt wears. I kid you not. And most of those things, I bet my aunt has had for 30 years.

I don't much care for BW on the view, but her accomplishments are amazing and the interviews she's done have been ground breaking. But not anymore.
    But you can't deny her past and she was once one of the great ones in news, but now its time to retire and take Elizabeth with her.

I am hating how Elizabeth now holds up her hand when she's talking like she's dismissing what the others are saying when its usually she that has interupted them.

Mario was freakin HILARIOUS.

I thought it was interesting that Joy said that the reason they haven't won an emmy is that with 4 hosts there is always going to be someone that others don't like and that's why they never win. I think that's pretty close to the truth, cause no matter who the hosts were there's always been 1 or 2 that I didn't care for.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i loved mario's segment. and margaret cho talking about that new diet pill was HILARIOUS

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2444392;
    i loved mario's segment. and margaret cho talking about that new diet pill was HILARIOUS
    OMG! I forgot about that. I thought I would fall off the couch I was laughing so hard at Margaret Cho and the orange stuff.

And I did get the hot pockets joke even if the rest of them didn't. He is a scream!

Maybe Mario should guest host.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

No thanks to the idea of Mario co-hosting. All he can do is read off of his little white cards.

Ok, now that Rosie is gone I re-set my VCR and I have tried to watch the View for the past few weeks.

It's not even Tuesday and I can't take anymore of this show. I can't stand how they talk over each other when they have a guest on the couch. I can barely hear the guest and then Joy thinks of something funny and talks even louder than Barbara-wawa.

I had enjoyed the Hot Topic but whenever Barbara is in the house it becomes too vanilla and everyone must think like her. The only time that Joy talks during Hot Topic is to disparage the president and ridicule the administration.

My VCR will have to find something else to tape during the day, maybe Jerry has an interesting storyline

Yeah they will probably never win because each of them alienates a segment of the demographic audience. Between Joy's crassness, Rosie's comments, Babwa's hypocrisy, and Bitsy's devotion to the Bush regime, it won't happen. Even when Debbie (who I loved), Star(phony), Lisa, ( loved her too) and Meredith ( loved her as well, moderater) was on the show, somebody's was always hated.
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I doubt That Babs drew the biggest of not onw of the biggest crowd, as Elizaditz said.
    I doubt she'd get more they Britney or the guys that were honored last week, Clooney, Pitt, and Damon.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAKite;2444635;
    The only time that Joy talks during Hot Topic is to disparage the president and ridicule the administration.

Works for me! He deserves it!

FORT Fogey

I do not care for Joy. Elisabeth is the reason why I watch.

Barbara needs to step down from on camera work. She has had a lengthy career, but the events of the last year now show her to be a petty backstabber.

FORT Fanatic

I am absolutely loving that Star Parker woman today! She won't back down from her stuff and she really seems to know it and Barbara keeps trying to shut her down and she lays it out there! Good for her! She is a great conservative to have on the show. She obviously lived a life and changed her views and has stuck with them for over 20 years based on her experiences. We will never see her again I am sure because she is a smart conservative with some research, life and thought under her belt not to mention tenacity. BW and JB didn't like it one bit!

Oh well it was fun to watch today!

+ Reply to Thread