+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1533Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

From the TV Guide interview linked above:

"There are things we've been able to discuss that we weren't able to discuss with Rosie, like heterosexual sex," Walters told Wednesday's On-Air with Ryan Seacrest radio show

What?! She doesn't even realise how insulting she is.
    It is time for Babs to fade into the sunset with her beloved Cha Cha!

Barbara's entirely lost the plot.
    It's not only insulting, it's not even true.
    They used to discuss heterosexual sex while Rosie was there.
    Rosie lived with a man for a while, she's not a stranger to the subject.

Hot Topics was a bore today, imo.
    The first five minutes was Barbara prattling on about her star on the Walk of Fame then Elisabeth asked for potty training suggestions.
    Apparently the kid is in the building 'today' (Monday, pre-taped show again) and walked into BW's office.
    Barbara pointed out a few times when she was recounting the tale that the child arrived uninvited. She then proceeded to mess with Barbara's make-up.
    Elisabeth seemed to think that was funny and cute, I think it rude.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Doesn't the recipient (or the recipient's fan[s]) pay for the star? I'm sure I've heard that in the past, but not sure who paid for BWs. Anyone know if this is true or false?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Shouldn't Barbara realize that badmouthing people (even if the deserved it cough Star cough) who onced worked for her makes her look bad. She hired them.

I've also heard that fans pay for stars on the Walk of Fame, but I can't say if it's true.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2440267;
    Shouldn't Barbara realize that badmouthing people (even if the deserved it cough Star cough) who onced worked for her makes her look bad. She hired them.

I've also heard that fans pay for stars on the Walk of Fame, but I can't say if it's true.
    Stars on the walk of fame are sold. Payment for them can come on behalf of a star from a number of sources - most often its the studio who wants that person promoted (which is why the dedication will coincide with a major project coming out).

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2440272;
    Stars on the walk of fame are sold. Payment for them can come on behalf of a star from a number of sources - most often its the studio who wants that person promoted (which is why the dedication will coincide with a major project coming out).
    How cheesy is that. So much for a real honor. It's a publicity tool for many stars. Maybe that's how some of the less-talented stars get them.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Today's show was, virtually, intolerable. BW and Elisabeth got on my nerves so badly that I fell asleep. I like Kim Coles and Joy, but even they couldn't keep my attention. If this is going to be the best that they can do, I think I'd be more interested in watching reruns of "I Love Lucy". I just wanted to hit Elisabeth in the face with a cream pie. It was an inane, idiotic show today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Barbara kept saying it was nominated but I too heard that you have to pay for the star.

I thought for sure the new coffee mugs would be out but I did notice or so it seems, they are still using the one with Rosie.

I may have not looked back far enough, but I found it interesting that they said Rosie was going to go to the emmys but she had an event with her child. That would have been nice if she came and if they win, it will be hilarious!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;2440410;
    I may have not looked back far enough, but I found it interesting that they said Rosie was going to go to the emmys but she had an event with her child. That would have been nice if she came and if they win, it will be hilarious!
    It would not surprise me if BW paid to have someone else win. OR since she did get her star this week maybe they are going to win and that is why Rosie has an "event" with her child and "can't" make it.

Rosie told us weeks ago, while she was still on the show that she wouldn't be able to attend.
    Whether the event is genuine or not I don't know, but it's not a new excuse in light of Barbara getting her star.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread