+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

The least we can hope for is a huge allergic reaction!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

The whole weight thing was brought about by the topic that physicians (pediatricians)would now be telling kids they are obese as a medical fact like diabetes instead of putting it nicely as is you are a little plump or lose a few pounds. So then it turned into whether that would be nice or help to tell someone they are obese etc.

I was gagging on BW's continued bringing up her star on the walk of fame. She is the one who brought it up several times! I hope it is near where some bum will pee on it or at least spit!

Did anyone notice that when Anthony Michael Hall was asked about Paris Hilton, he spoke for a couple of seconds, and BW quickly changed the subject....again?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On MSNBC (Joe Scarboro's show) they just said that BW said (on her radio show) that she wants to hire Paris as a co-host for The View.

Good God, BW will stop at nothing to get that interview, eh? Could she have been kidding? If it's true, the show will be off the air within the year, so maybe it's a good thing.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Who wants to help me collect rocks to throw??

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG;2439596;
    On MSNBC (Joe Scarboro's show) they just said that BW said (on her radio show) that she wants to hire Paris as a co-host for The View.

Here's an article from People Magazine:

Barbara Walters: Paris Hilton Can Cohost The View
    WEDNESDAY JUNE 13, 2007 02:30 PM EDT

By Brian Orloff

Hilton and Walters

Photo by: Fred Prouser; Robert Pitts / Landov

The topic of Paris Hilton caused a brief feud between Barbara Walters and her View co-executive producer Bill Geddie on Monday.

At issue: Whether the incarcerated heiress could ever become a cohost on the daytime chatfest.

Speaking together on Walters's SIRIUS Satellite Radio show Barbara Live, the veteran journalist fielded a question from a listener who asked if Hilton would ever be allowed to cohost the show.

"She would certainly always give us something to talk about," said Walters, who earlier on that day's episode of The View had told of her phone conversation with Hilton.

But Geddie was less enthusiastic. "Let me answer that," he said. "No." This prompted Walters to respond, "Let me answer that: Yes."

Geddie insisted his reaction to Hilton was nothing personal. "We've been around her," he said, "and she's perfectly pleasant."

By Wednesday, Walters no longer seemed so keen to sign Hilton on. On Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show, Walters was asked if she'd ever try to speak with Hilton again. "I hadn't really thought about it," she said. "I wasn't trying to speak with her [when we did speak]."

Pressed Seacrest, "I would assume that you would be in discussions with her about having that first interview [after she's out of jail]."

"I have not discussed that," replied Walters. "We have not discussed an interview."

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2439609;
    Good God, BW will stop at nothing to get that interview, eh? Could she have been kidding? If it's true, the show will be off the air within the year, so maybe it's a good thing.

She can't get Angelina or Brad, so she substitutes for the cheaper brand. Gee, did i say that outloud?

p.s. no one cares about her walk of fame thing as much as she does. Get over yourself, Babwa. While you're at it, skate out of you know who's behind. It wont garner you any applause or respect.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Walters "Quite Happy" with The View Apres Rosie - Today's News: My Take | TVGuide.com

While admitting, "It's very hard for anyone to follow Rosie," boss woman Barbara Walters says she is rather pleased with The View's performance since O'Donnell's famous walkout. "There are things we've been able to discuss that we weren't able to discuss with Rosie, like heterosexual sex," Walters told Wednesday's On-Air with Ryan Seacrest radio show. "We are perhaps not quite as political [or] vocal about [things], but the Hot Topics have been very fun, and the ratings are up, so we're quite happy. Obviously, the audience is very loyal."

As for replacing Rosie (or Star, for that matter) Walters said, "We're kind of taking our time," but confirmed that Whoopi Goldberg "is someone we're considering. Whoopi is wonderful."

On the topic of her unsolicited phone chat with Paris Hilton Walters was on the horn with Kathy Hilton when Paris beeped in via call waiting, then asked her mom to put her on with the newswoman Babs denies angling for the first sitdown with the jailed heiress: "I'm telling you the truth, I have not discussed with her doing an interview."
    I can spot a dodging of the real truth when I see it. She very well could have discussed doing the interview with someone who represents Paris. Thereby yes, technically she can say she did not discuss with "her" doing an interview. Still doesn't mean she didn't angle for it through other means
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 06-14-2007 at 08:17 AM.

FORT Fan

What I found interesting yesterday was them talking about the black girl who went missing and how there has been little or no coverage on the case. It just hasn't been the view, but it seems like other media outlets are reporting this story now, but not so much on the actual case, but rather discussing how they never really covered the story to begin with. It seems like everyone is too busy with paris.

So now they are now discussing a story they didn't cover and why they didn't cover it, with very little info on the girl and story itself(sigh)

People can say what they want about Nancy Grace. I personally don't like her, but at least she does a good job at covering a wide variety of cases.

+ Reply to Thread