+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1635Likes

Thread: The View

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2436917;
    I caught about 60 seconds of the View today (not my normal watching, but I do read about it here), and saw Elizabeth saying it was appropriate for Gray's Anatomy's IW to have been punished for using the word he did. Maybe she really did learn something from her time with Rosie, as I wouldn't have thought that would be part of her world view.
    Is she pregnant again? In that orange dress she looked like a pumpkin--not a good color for the pregnant.
    Elizabeth is a homophobe? That's really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2436976;
    Elizabeth is a homophobe? That's really disappointing.
    I thought the point of the previous post was that Elizabeth spoke up against homophobic comments.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fanatic

Elisabeth has never shown herself to be a homophobe.

She is preganant.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2437007;

She is preganant.
    Pregnancy makes you anti-homophobic?

I know that isn't what you meant Bandy - that you were answering two separate things. But it just struck me as funny.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2437007;
    Glad to hear it.

Miss Griss, the way I read the post was that it was out of character for her to do so. I do misread things, though.

I don't know that I'd go as far as to call her homophobic, but she has made some comments in the past that paint her as not exactly tolerant.
    Before Rosie was on the panel, Star might even have still been there, I just recall it as pre-Rosie, the subject of gay marriage was broached.
    I believe Joy said something to the effect that "gay people should be allowed to get married".
    Elisabeth's response was "they can get married, as long as they marry someone of the opposite sex."
    While technically true, I felt that comment to be very dismissive of non-straight people and showed a real lack of sympathy.

Elisabeth even followed up with a ridiculous comment about people wanting to marry toasters next.
    She seems to have softened her opinion over the years and now feels as though the public should vote on the issue, not have the matter decided by Supreme Court judges.
    "That's Numberwang!"

According to Star Magazine.com one seat has been filled.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2436930;
    ETA. Also, I love how Barbara kind of caught herself and trailed off when she was talking about Isaiah Washington's contract not being renewed.
    Her point was, if your contract is not renewed then you've bene fired. I tihnk she suddenly realised thart that wasn't the tune she was signing when Star and Rosie left.
    I heard that too!! She did zip her lip rather fast after that came out.
    But that is what I have said all along. If a company really wants you, and you want to be there too, you will have a contract!!

After watching today's show, I doubt I'll watch again until BW is gone. If she is a newswoman, I'm a freakin' supermodel. It's possible that she opened up the venue for women in the 60s, but she has overstayed her effectiveness (or outlived her talent).

I do think Whoopi is a good replacement, I wonder if the one year contract is her idea or theirs.

ETA: Nevermind, just checked my Fafa points and I have BW, she put me into second place. Go Barbara!!!!
    Last edited by GabbyG; 06-11-2007 at 09:53 PM. Reason: adding

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Today, while Judge Judy speaking was on the show about the Hilton debacle, and how stupid Paris was, it came to me that while BW didn't say too much, she eventually just shut the subject down and changed the subject. BW is as far up Kathy's and Paris' arses as Condi is up GWB's.

The guest co-host today, Rene Syler, would make a good co-host (along with Whoopi!), and she is out of a job. I really like her style. It would be interesting to see 2 women of color on that panel.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread