+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2433535;
    When and where did Rosie say this? I know that other people are saying it about her, but when people have asked her about it on her blog, she says absolutely not and tells people to go look at it on YouTube (with the implication that something that raw was definitely not staged).

I haven't spent a ton of time following the story, so I'm sure that there's plenty that I've missed. The only thing I've heard Rosie say, that could possibly be misinterpreted to mean that things were staged, was when someone asked her if she had been set up [to get into the argument], and she implied that she thought she had.
    I read the report, but I cannot remember where I read it. But I also read (the reason for my question mark when I said it) that Rosie said it jokingly, and it was being misreported as a sincere statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2433562;
    I read the report, but I cannot remember where I read it. But I also read (the reason for my question mark when I said it) that Rosie said it jokingly, and it was being misreported as a sincere statement.
    Oh, that makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Love all the thoughtful posts you've made on Rosie's departure over the past weeks.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Have I mentioned, before, how much I hate pre-recorded Fridays? What about how much I don't like Kathy Griffin as a guest host? I do like her stand-up act, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

I really enjoyed the "crazy love" couple. They seem like delightful people and the kind of people you want over for the holidays

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2433037;
    She's been pretty blatant about her friendship with Kathy Hilton to the extent that she read that drivel of an excuse that Kathy wrote after Paris' sentence was handed down a month ago.

This is clearly a case of a conflict of interest, both in the fact that Barbara won't allow legitimate discussion of a newsworthy topic and that she has the first interview set up with Paris.

Shame on Barbara, not that she has retained any semblance of integrity and credibility.

I remember that show about "who wants to be a Hilton", and Kathy Hilton described the family as one of "America's most prestigious". I thought oh geez, I hope al-queda isn't watching, because they'll believe it, and they'll think America believes it too. When I hear "Hilton", I don't think prestige. I don't even think hotel rooms anymore. I think of that air-headed twit and her over-exposed twat. Barbara looked like a fool, vouching for Kathy Hilton. Barbara has become Mary Hart in twenty years, only when Mary's seventy whatever, it will make sense. With Barbara, it's just sad. She's going to be dropping names like Castro, Reagan, Gorbachev, etc. like mad for the remainder of her career, but it wont restore what she's lost in terms of credibility, and frankly, relevance.

I enjoyed "Hot Topics" a lot this past week. I always thought "Hot Topics" was more about "pop culture hot", rather than "hot button issue hot", so they haven't seem overly tepid to me. I don't remember what year it was, but one day the "Hot Topic" was Monica Lewinsky's handbags! (Which, I do recall were beyond ugly. Ugly mugly pukin' ugly ).

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2434432;
    Have I mentioned, before, how much I hate pre-recorded Fridays? What about how much I don't like Kathy Griffin as a guest host? I do like her stand-up act, though.

Now, I actually enjoyed the show today. I thought Kathy was more subdued and less interruptive than normal.

And I loved Robert Iler's crack when they asked him what it felt like when one of the cast members dies and leaves the show and he said "I don't know... what does it feel like?" (thinly veiled reference to the Rosie departure.)

Can't wait to hear what they have to say on Monday about the circus over Paris that happened today.

I wasn't paying too much attention to the show this morning, but someone did say something about Paris (obviously before she got sprung from the slammer, since it was pre-taped) but BW just sat there and didn't say anything. I could tell she wasn't amused!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'll give you a preview. Babwa: Paris is a good person, i spoke to her mother and this isn't her fault in the least bit, she's a victim....i'll be licking her shoes for an interview the second she's out. There.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sounds about right!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Here is what you WON'T hear BW say "I was THIS close to that interview. I had my plane ticket bought and just summond the car when her mother called, crying that the mean ole judge sent the poor darling back to jail."

+ Reply to Thread