+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 1121 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233731235231023 ... LastLast
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    "Vatican roulette"....interesting and funny term!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    "Vatican roulette"....interesting and funny term!!
    Not original with me--think I've heard it since college, and that was a while ago!

"No, that's what she thinks of Oral contraceptives ( ortho-evra/ tri-cyclen, etc.) And yeah, she goes on tv to talk about it, she forgets that she's married to a football player, They don't have female fans, right?"
    Ah, Amy Lee, that at least makes some sense (since there's some argument about whether they prevent implantation or not), and I assume on the same grounds she certainly wouldn't use an IUD, but what's wrong with a condom (her husband won't use one? Well, then maybe he somewhat deserves what he's [not] getting) or any of the several female barrier methods? Too risky? If that's her reasoning so she's going for abstaining I agree, especially now that tons of people know how frustrated he must be getting, there are going to be female fans throwing themselves at him, and promising never to cut him off. Well, sorry for the child, but not for her...didn't even like her that much on Survivor.

What she does is, she brushes her teeth for about 30 mins so by the time she's done tim is asleep and they wont have to do it.
    Well, the reasons for the Church's stance on certain things are widely available through a google search, so I won't get off topic and discuss that here. But, this woman really needs to educate herself about Natural Family Planning. It would be in line with her beliefs and I've known people who've used it and done right it's very effective. (Yes, I do know it's not 100%, again I'm trying not to get too into it here)

Sounds like she is simply deathly afraid of becoming pregnant and the real issue is psychological, maybe.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Well, the reasons for the Church's stance on certain things are widely available through a google search, so I won't get off topic and discuss that here. But, this woman really needs to educate herself about Natural Family Planning. It would be in line with her beliefs and I've known people who've used it and done right it's very effective. (Yes, I do know it's not 100%, again I'm trying not to get too into it here)

Sounds like she is simply deathly afraid of becoming pregnant and the real issue is psychological, maybe.
    Yup, I agree, if you follow the Catholic church's stance on these things, you don't have many choices, and also agree if she really does the modern version of Natural Family Planning it certainly is better than chance if not too spontaneous. It didn't sound quite like that though, only as if she objected to contraception that she saw as abortion, hence my suggestion of barrier methods, which I think Catholics object to on other grounds. But then I'm going on the reports above as to what her objections are, don't even know if she's Catholic... I've only seen the show about 3 times, just read about it here.
    It does sound like she's deathly afraid of getting pregnant...and yet I thought she gushed about pregnancy, baby, etc., on the show, no? Again, just judging by what I read here.

I just assume that she is not ready for another baby right now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In hot topics today, they revealed that it has been stated that Tom and Katie are rumored to be breaking up after she delivers the baby. Interesting. True? Who knows. Wouldn't surprise me, though. I've always thought that relationship was wrong from the beginning. Fantasies seldom come true.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    In hot topics today, they revealed that it has been stated that Tom and Katie are rumored to be breaking up after she delivers the baby. Interesting. True? Who knows. Wouldn't surprise me, though. I've always thought that relationship was wrong from the beginning. Fantasies seldom come true.
    There's a whole thread on Tom and Katie under Movies if you scroll down FORT further. Think you'd enjoy it!

Thanks! I'm off to "Movies"!

PWS; I am Catholic.

"Barrier methods" are also not allowed, because it's interfering with the chance of conception. Abstinence however is OK. Not to get too much into all this here. Which is why I hoped anyone discussing it would Google it first, so I wouldn't have to get too far off topic. So any questions about all this I'll leave for PM, or as I prefer, for a Google search for a Catholic website like EWTN.com which can answer any ?s. That's if anyone is still curious.

TomKat breaking up is not a great shock to me (if true). It seems an arrangement of convenience, to me. She wanted fame*, he wanted a child. Stranger things have happened.

*Yes, I know she was famous already; but she was not A list. Now, she is.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    PWS; I am Catholic.

"Barrier methods" are also not allowed, because it's interfering with the chance of conception. Abstinence however is OK. Not to get too much into all this here. Which is why I hoped anyone discussing it would Google it first, so I wouldn't have to get too far off topic. So any questions about all this I'll leave for PM, or as I prefer, for a Google search for a Catholic website like EWTN.com which can answer any ?s. That's if anyone is still curious.

TomKat breaking up is not a great shock to me (if true). It seems an arrangement of convenience, to me. She wanted fame*, he wanted a child. Stranger things have happened.

*Yes, I know she was famous already; but she was not A list. Now, she is.
    Hi Brandy... Yes, I know they aren't allowed for Catholics...I was just responding to what it was said Elizabeth said, that she didn't want to use any contraception because it was abortion. I took that to mean all methods including rhythm/natural and barrier. I know the Catholic Church doesn't approve of barrier methods either, but doesn't, I think, call them abortion, a concept reserved for post-fertilization methods.
    But to get back on track/topic of The View, I practically never post in this thread because I practically never see the show, but I do read the thread and that statement just stunned me so much I responded to it. But apparently what was posted wasn't quite accurate, so that'll teach me to post when I haven't seen the show!
    Re Katie, over on the Movies thread the general feeling seems to be she is/was being emotionally abused and isolated from family, friends, religion, and career by the hyper controlling Tom. So a more sympathetic view of her, that she was in love, or at least in "crush" when this started, but may now, with the help perhaps of her family, be coming to her senses.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-15-2006 at 06:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread