+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1318Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fan

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2423417;
    Here are the ratings, May to May, for the 5 years prior to Rosie's arrival (02 - 06).

W2554: 2.5, 2, 2, 2.2, 1.8
    W1849: 2.1, 1.8, 1.9, 1.7, 1.6
    Households: 4.1, 3.5, 3.2, 3.7, 3.5

As I said in my previous posts, the movement in ratings was so minimal that it would be pinned to the margin or error, and not a loss of viewers. No doubt about it, Rosie spiked the ratings upward. But the cast and format of the show prior to Rosie's arrival was not losing viewers. They weren't gaining them, but they weren't losing them either.
    Okay, I stand corrected. My mistake. I usually keep track of ratings of different syndicated shows, but didn't follow this one as closely.

I just got the impression that Barbara was disappointed where the show was going, but I guess it was more because of Star Jones and not the shows ratings.

Thanks for clarifying(not being sarcastic)
    Last edited by snarkattack; 05-29-2007 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkattack;2423426;
    Okay, I stand corrected. My mistake. I usually keep track of ratings of different syndicated shows, but didn't follow this one as closely.

I just got the impression that Barbara was disappointed where the show was going, but I guess it was more because of Star Jones and not the shows ratings.

Thanks for clarifying(not being sarcastic)
    Well I guess that make BW and company even bigger liars because they insinuated that Star was the reason their ratings were low.

BW / EH need to quit "performing" for viewers

BW comes on brownnosing Rosie and saying she's always welcome on and says it was Rosie choice to not come back. EH then tries to make it sound like there all good.

then you got Rosie doing blog videos saying that she exchanged an email with EH and also said she probably won't be speaking to her again. also said that it was The View that basically pushed her out.

Questions:

Rosie talking about being a foster child there and that the "last straw" was the split screen (what were those "first straws" that lead up to the last one?????)

from what i have ever watched, Rosie did/said whatever the hell she wanted on the show. Never seen her stiffled.

btw, what's up with the dark haired lady next to her with the wine glass?...Rosie seemed to find herself the perfect yes person - assistant or whoever she is. She reminded me of that chick with the blue hair on the Anna nicole show back when it was on. She better not ever cross Rosie.

can some of you Rosie people answer these questions and enlighten me.

I had a look at Rosie's blog in the ask ro section.

Jennifer writes:

I am sorry this happened. EH says she has been in communication with you A LOT over the weekend, is this true?
    Lot of Love,
    Jennifer

she spoke to kelli
    we had one e mail exchange
    owen writes:

HMMMM…..
    what di you think of EH saying you were in ‘constant’ contact this past weekned??

interesting
    Seems they are telling very different version of events with regard to the contact they've had over the weekend.

FORT Fanatic

Did she say constant contact? I didn't pay that close attention this morning. I just got the jist that they had been in contact over the weekend and were attempting "forgiveness" which it sounds like EH took the high road first and made contact offering the olive branch.

Also didn't Rosie say she " loved " all three women?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can "love" somebody, but not necessarily want to talk to them. Just depends on the circumstances.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just checked my dvr and Elisabeth didn't say 'constant communication'.
    She said 'this weekend we were in communication', then followed that up by saying and emphasising 'a lot'.
    She then went on to say they'd starting working on forgiveness.
    So, the person asking the question was mistaken in the first place, but even so the two have very different opinions of the extent of their communication over the weekend.

It wouldn't surprise me if Elisabeth did try to make contact first.
    I think that's likely as she ended up having a conversation with Kelli.
    I'm not sure I'd attribute that to her taking the highroad or offering an olive branch.
    We obviously have no idea why she made the call.
    One could argue that it's just as likely that she wasn't done fighting as it is that she wanted to patch things up.
    We have no way of knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy
    I just got the jist that they had been in contact over the weekend and were attempting "forgiveness" which it sounds like EH took the high road first and made contact offering the olive branch.
    You'd be wrong. Rosie emailed Elisabeth and Elisabeth answered. No one knows what was said, but Rosie sent the initial email.

Sounds like Elisabeth's little spin worked. Because that's all that it was.. trying to make it seem like no big deal.. something that would blow over.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I didn't see the show today. I was just checking in to see how Barbara would explain/spin the events of the past week.

I think Rosie would do well with a cable show, like Bill Maher. If it's on HBO or something like that she can say whatever she wants and not have to worry about watching her language. She should also ditch the co-hosts. She works best alone.

What I still find funny is how when Rosie first started the show, Joy would tease her occassionally (in a good-spirited way) and Rosie would say "and you guys thought Elizabeth was the one I would have problems with!". I guess the general public was right from day one --- actually, even before day one!

+ Reply to Thread