+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1633Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;2422076;
    When did she do that?
    I have no clue, I am just guessing that is what the post meant, so I added my two cents.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

No problem, I'm just asking.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;2422080;
    No problem, I'm just asking.
    Now to step out of what someone else said that you didn't agree with, I will now add my opinion. I think it's rude to call someone a coward, when they seem to be the only person on the panel that has a conservative view. And to note... If Elizabeth had called Rosie a coward I would also say that was rude. Yes Elizabeth sometimes gets a little crazy just like Rosie... But it shouldn't be about who believes in what and who is right or wrong. There shouldn't be insults from either party being thrown when you are giving out your opinion. And I think it was uncalled for when Elizabeth brought up the Trump drama. But some people just are not able to handle a debate in a professional and respectful way.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2422065;

Because she's a hypocrite.
    Amen to this.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Ok.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I don't think for one second, therefore, that Rosie's fans are hypocrites. That sounds like "guilt by association" crap, and I don't do that. Besides which, it would be completely stupid. I'm about one of six people left on the planet who still like Jonny Fair Play, and believe me, people have, therefore, assumed I'm his clone.

**threadjack Bee stung lips your avatar is really pretty. ***
    Last edited by lopevian; 05-28-2007 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2421931;
    We are in total agreement that the only thing Rosie wanted was an answer from Elisabeth. I don't dispute that for a second. My point is that for the people you listed off, there is no need to get an answer from someone else. Rush Limbaugh does not care whether or not anyone else agrees that it is warranted to question whether or not Michael J Fox adjusted his meds before filiming political ads. Ann Coulter does not care whether or not anyone else things 9/11 widows in some way enjoyed their husband's deaths. The people who you listed do not look to other people to give input on their opinions, nor do they stay home and not go to work if they don't get the support. Rosie does. That separates her from them.
    Again, you're executing another fallacy of composition here, Veruka.

Rosie wasn't looking for Elisabeth's agreement... she was looking for her to acknowledge that Rosie didn't make the statement that FoxNews was trying to present. So the fact that neither Rush Limbaugh nor Ann Coulter look to others for approval is irrelevant, as neither did Rosie.

And, once again, Rosie isn't ending her contract three weeks early because Elisabeth didn't agree with her (because again, she wasn't asking for Elisabeth's agreement.) She's openly indicated why she isn't coming back, but apparently it makes for more bashing fodder to continue to take the incorrect road.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

I agree with the first half of your post. But it's clearly evident by the circumstances and Rosie's blog " a painter needs to know when to step a way from a painting" Well contractually, her canvas wasn't done unless going out in a blazing of arguing was set forth in her contract.

FORT Newbie

Rosie has bashed Christians during her time on the View. She made a comment about white males on her website, in her question/answer forum, saying that our country would be screwed up until the white males were not in office, or something to that effect. I don't think blanket statements should be made about any group. And I meant that it seems like in America you can bash Christians and white males all you want, but if you bash minorities, people (including Rosie) get up in arms. Rosie is the definition of hypocrite. Anybody remember when she was all up in arms about gun control, and then someone pointed out that her own body guards carry guns?

FORT Newbie

Okay, here is the Q & A from the website... Direct quote

"How can you expect us (USA) to resolve our differences with the world and have peace when you can’t do this with EH & The V? You need to be an example for your children… U can do this! Own it…"

"there will never b peace
    if the white men r in charge"

I don't think it is fair to criticize say the administration has messed up and screwed up b/c they are white. If the country was run by a black person or a woman, and a public figure made a comment like this, it would be the end of his/her career. But no one cares about comments like this. This is what I was talking about. Sorry for not being more specific. Such a double standard!

+ Reply to Thread