+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1501Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #2141
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2421486;
    Elisabeth DID answer Ro's question. She DID say "I said "I don't believe you believe what you suggested".
    It was Rosie that would NOT answer "Then who are the terrorists?" What upset EH most was the fact that RO put that question out there,
    and then would NOT answer it in anyway.

    EH wanted RO to own up to her own comments/questions and she would not do it. RO insisted that if EH was a true friend then EH would own up to it for her.
    But WHY should she? If RO did not know how to answer to her own question "Then who are the terrorists?" then why could she not say "I don't know, I am asking that of everyone".
    When it came down to it RO did not have an answer (or the guts to say it) to her own question, so how could she expect EH to stand up for her?
    What POV was EH to take?

    No, Elisabeth answered the question on Wednesday, but she did not on Monday. Rosie answered Elisabeth's question on Monday. The argument started on Monday. And when Elisabeth wouldn't answer the question on Monday.. that's when the hurt feelings occurred. Tuesday it festered and Wednesday it exploded. And it sure looked like it was incredibly difficult for Elisabeth to say that she didn't believe Rosie thought the troops were terrorists, but that was irrelevant at that point.

    On both Monday and Wednesday Rosie made no bones about the fact that she thinks this administration are terrorists, not the troops. She kept talking about the fact that this administration throws the word "terror" around to keep Americans fearful and doing whatever the administration wants. She stated that other countries would look at what has happened in Iraq and think the same of our administration. Unfortunately she didn't state her opinion in six succinct words: "I think our administration are terrorists" or people would have understood.

    She didn't want Elisabeth to fight her opinion for her, but rather acknowledge that she knew that Rosie didn't think the troops are terrorists. Elisabeth couldn't see the differentiation on Monday and refused to answer. By Wednesday that portion of the argument was a moot point as the damage was done.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  2. #2142
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2421272;
    Ehhh... I disagree. Rosie holds onto her opinion quite well and fights for those beliefs. And she accepts the negative comments that come with it. She didn't back down from Trump.. she kept giving it to him tit for tat. But she is sitting at a table with women that are supposed to be her friends and they have let her down on two occasions. From all appearances Rosie didn't want Elisabeth to fight her battles for her, but she did expect her to say that she doesn't agree with FoxNews' portrayal of her. And she had a difficult time reconciling the fact that Elisabeth believes everything that is mentioned on FoxNews to the point where there was obvious question in her (Elisabeth's) mind last Monday as to what Rosie truly said.

    Bill O'Reilly is EXACTLY like Rosie. The man simply chooses to continue to insult everyone that doesn't agree with him. And the fact that he's trying to take credit for Rosie leaving The View?

    Ann Coulter is insane. Notice I didn't put her in my list?
    I think your admission that Rosie has felt let down by the people sitting at her tale proves my point. If Sean Hannity comes under fire, he doesn't expect Alan Colmes to back him up - he does it himself. Bill O'Reilly continues to insult everyone who disagrees with him, but he doesn't get upset and refuse to come to work because Geraldo doesn't stand up and defend him. Yes, Rosie fights back. But as soon as the arguments against her get tough instead of just petty insults, she gets depressed and laments that other peole aren't standing up to fight her battle with/for her. That's a key distinction between her and the others you listed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2421762;
    No, Elisabeth answered the question on Wednesday, but she did not on Monday. Rosie answered Elisabeth's question on Monday. The argument started on Monday. And when Elisabeth wouldn't answer the question on Monday.. that's when the hurt feelings occurred.
    Elisabeth didn't answer on Monday because Barbara stepped in and cooled the whole thing down to prevent it from getting in to an argument. I believe that Rosie also did not answer her own question on Monday (if I'm wrong, what did she say) because again, BW was trying to prevent any heated discussion.
    Last edited by Veruka; 05-28-2007 at 07:57 AM.

  3. #2143
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2421768;
    I think your admission that Rosie has felt let down by the people sitting at her tale proves my point. If Sean Hannity comes under fire, he doesn't expect Alan Colmes to back him up - he does it himself. Bill O'Reilly continues to insult everyone who disagrees with him, but he doesn't get upset and refuse to come to work because Geraldo doesn't stand up and defend him. Yes, Rosie fights back. But as soon as the arguments against her get tough instead of just petty insults, she gets depressed and laments that other peole aren't standing up to fight her battle with/for her. That's a key distinction between her and the others you listed.
    For the last time, I'll disagree. The only thing that Rosie wanted to know from Elisabeth was whether she thought Rosie thought the troops were terrorists. A yes or no answer was all that was requested on Monday, and it was all that was requested on Wednesday. How that translates into "Rosie wanted Elisabeth to fight her battles for her" is beyond me.

    Elisabeth didn't answer on Monday because Barbara stepped in and cooled the whole thing down to prevent it from getting in to an argument.
    Oh no... Elisabeth had more than ample time to give a yes or no answer, but she chose to go off into a 10 minute tangent. Transcripts are provided above.


    I believe that Rosie also did not answer her own question on Monday (if I'm wrong, what did she say) because again, BW was trying to prevent any heated discussion.

    I answered that in my last post.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  4. #2144
    FORT Fanatic Boston_Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Walpole, MA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    413

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2421272;
    Ehhh... I disagree. Rosie holds onto her opinion quite well and fights for those beliefs. And she accepts the negative comments that come with it. She didn't back down from Trump.. she kept giving it to him tit for tat. But she is sitting at a table with women that are supposed to be her friends and they have let her down on two occasions. From all appearances Rosie didn't want Elisabeth to fight her battles for her, but she did expect her to say that she doesn't agree with FoxNews' portrayal of her. And she had a difficult time reconciling the fact that Elisabeth believes everything that is mentioned on FoxNews to the point where there was obvious question in her (Elisabeth's) mind last Monday as to what Rosie truly said.

    Bill O'Reilly is EXACTLY like Rosie. The man simply chooses to continue to insult everyone that doesn't agree with him. And the fact that he's trying to take credit for Rosie leaving The View?

    Ann Coulter is insane. Notice I didn't put her in my list?
    Are the four really friends? I admit I hardly watch. They brought Rosie in because she has a big mouth and she would bring in ratings.

  5. #2145
    I HATE Moguls Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,507

    Re: The View

    On both Monday and Wednesday Rosie made no bones about the fact that she thinks this administration are terrorists, not the troops. She kept talking about the fact that this administration throws the word "terror" around to keep Americans fearful and doing whatever the administration wants. She stated that other countries would look at what has happened in Iraq and think the same of our administration. Unfortunately she didn't state her opinion in six succinct words: "I think our administration are terrorists" or people would have understood.


    this brings me to another point... The fearless Rosie O'Donnell as outspoken as she is she would NEVER "succinctly say them 6 words". She purposely use vague wording, "insinuations" as EH would say. We know what she means. in the case of the troops (i do believe that she is a sympathetic person) but can you not see that there are many people who would interpret her particular comment a certain way given that her other comments meant what they sounded like they meant.

    ABC would have canned her quickly. The "freedom of speech" card everyone is using nowadays to justify any kind of outrageous statement doesn't hold water when your paychecks get signed by someone else. Most people that have 9-5's have to watch there mouth and follow rules.

    and btw, who is all the "scared people" some are talking about that shiver at the word terror? i never met them.




  6. #2146
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,781

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2421262;
    I loathe Ann Coulter, but I do respect the fact that when she says something controversial and she's lambasted for it, she stands tall, takes the criticism, dishes some right back, and moves on. Rosie on the other hand fights back for a bit, and then whines and cowers because more people didn't come running to her side. If you're going to put yourself out there like the people you listed do, then you've got to be prepared to stand up for yourself without expecting anyone else to do it. If you're not prepared to do that, then you I'm not willing to put a person in the same category of the strong opinion people you've listed.
    EXACTLY. In fact Coulter appears to be rather amused by her critics, shrugging them off. If Rosie insists on making off the wall statements she shouldn't be so quick to get her panties in a twists when someone calls her out for saying them. Instead she goes on an even bigger rant, attributing the criticism she received to her being a plus-sized woman and a lesbian. I don't dislike Rosie, never have. I admire anyone who speaks up for what he/she believes - whether it's Elizabeth's viewpoint or Rosie's viewpoint. But it's how one handles their critics that counts.

    I used to watch Rosie's own show religiously - until she got up in Tom Selleck's face about his affiliation with the NRA, essentially ambushing him, when she had, in fact, invited him on her show to talk about his upcoming movie not his views on gun control. That is when my opinion of Rosie changed.

    And for those saying that Rosie "saved" The View, I beg to differ. As someone else mentioned in an earlier post, The View had a successful ten-year run WITHOUT Rosie. It was only when the big Meredith / Star Jones shakeup occured that Rosie even became a viable factor. So of course I'll give her her due for helping invigorate the show, giving it new life, making it's aging format more interesting and spiking the ratings. But I'll not give her any praise for the way she runs her mouth and then gets all bent out of shape when her critics respond.

  7. #2147
    Kanai Nemeses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    3,835

    Re: The View

    Whoa, wading into choppy waters here, so I'll tread carefully in posting my own opinion of the Rosie/Elizabeth story.

    I don't watch The View, never have, so hadn't been on top of the boiling atmosphere that was apparently going on in the show. But I do watch CNN, MSNBC, and local news regularly, so have read the stories of Rosie's rants as they appeared there. Having seen so much mentioned about the Rose/Elizabeth blowup on those news channels, I finally decided to check out what's been going on from videos and active/archived news stories found online. One thing's for sure, there certainly isn't a shortage of video clips of all this stuff to be found online.

    So I just wanted to stick my 2 cents worth here, then I'll dive back underwater and hide. To me, Rosie was completely and utterly in the wrong in behaviour on the air during that blowup. There was absolutely no excuse for her behaviour, none whatsoever, and she should feel completely ashamed of herself for acting like that.

    WAIT! Don't throw stones at me yet, I wasn't finished yet!
    I also think the exact same thing about Elizabeth, word for word what I said about Rosie above.

    To me, none of this is even about what words were or weren't said between them. To me, it's a simple question of adults behaving like adults and knowing how to control themselves. Both those women are adults, both presumably intelligent, both well paid to be where they were. Both have a responsibility to the viewers to act like adults, not children. Adults get their buttons pushed sometimes, but responsible mature adults learn to handle themselves in public better than that.

    I'm disgusted by both of them. I won't be picky about who started it, or why it started, but they shouldn't have let it get out of hand like that, and they're both to blame for allowing it to continue. From adult professional career women, I expect better public behaviour. I don't care what they do to each other in their off-camera lives, don't care how childish they want to be with each other, when they're in public and on camera, behave like adults! :nono

    So anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Adult behaviour vs childish behaviour, it's that simple for me, and they both failed. And in so doing, neither have any credibility quotient for me.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

  8. #2148
    Wait, what? ArchieComic Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Farm
    Posts
    4,724

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2421850;
    I used to watch Rosie's own show religiously - until she got up in Tom Selleck's face about his affiliation with the NRA, essentially ambushing him, when she had, in fact, invited him on her show to talk about his upcoming movie not his views on gun control. That is when my opinion of Rosie changed.
    That is also the exact time I lost some of my respect for Rosie. Up until that point I enjoyed watching her show. Regardless of how you feel about an issue, don't ambush someone. She should have been upfront about why she wanted him on the show and then let him decide if he wanted to come on or not. Her show wasn't a political forum where someone might expect something like that and I was disappointed she "went there" with Tom. If I could find that she apologized to him for that (not for her beliefs but for the way she went about it) then I would forgive her for that because otherwise I usually find her entertaining despite that incident.

  9. #2149
    FORT Fogey my3boyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,283

    Re: The View

    (((she thinks this administration are terrorists, not the troops. She kept talking about the fact that this administration throws the word "terror" around to keep Americans fearful and doing whatever the administration wants. )))

    I do agree with Rosie on that one. I remember during the last presidential election they kept throwing are the TERROR card to make the voters want to STAY THE COURSE! They used fear to get votes. Now I do think Rosie is a little loopy when it comes to the 911 conspiracies. I think the Bush administration is evil but I would not even take it that far. I think perhaps they did not take the intelligence they received seriously during the early months but that is the extent of it. Once they found out the country was rallying around them and that everytime the word terror was used their ratings jumped. REMEMBER the terror colors used during the election??? What happened to those? Perhaps they will pull them back out once the new election season gets into full force..

  10. #2150
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    192

    Re: The View

    I recently had a discussion with Sylvia Browne and while she was biting her nails insessently(sp) she told me that Elisabeth won't be staying and Rosie's house in Miami as Rosie promised for her 30th birthday on today's show

    I love the black box in the corner "previously recorded" they won't take it off a second
    Last edited by snarkattack; 05-28-2007 at 11:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.