+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Ehhh... I disagree. Rosie holds onto her opinion quite well and fights for those beliefs. And she accepts the negative comments that come with it. She didn't back down from Trump.. she kept giving it to him tit for tat. But she is sitting at a table with women that are supposed to be her friends and they have let her down on two occasions. From all appearances Rosie didn't want Elisabeth to fight her battles for her, but she did expect her to say that she doesn't agree with FoxNews' portrayal of her. And she had a difficult time reconciling the fact that Elisabeth believes everything that is mentioned on FoxNews to the point where there was obvious question in her (Elisabeth's) mind last Monday as to what Rosie truly said.

Bill O'Reilly is EXACTLY like Rosie. The man simply chooses to continue to insult everyone that doesn't agree with him. And the fact that he's trying to take credit for Rosie leaving The View?

Ann Coulter is insane. Notice I didn't put her in my list?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2421262;
    I think there is one key difference between Rosie and the people who you have listed -- Rosie does not appear to have the ability to accept the negative consequences that sometimes come with expressing strong opinions that may be considered radical or different to some. Someone like Limbaugh, Rivera, O'Reilly, or Matthews (or any of the other ones you listed ... and others who also fall in that category) faces criticism by bracing for it, and defending what they'd said. You don't hear Limbaugh whining that Sean Hannity or Neal Boortz didn't come running to his defense after being lambasted for something he's said that people didn't like. I loathe Ann Coulter, but I do respect the fact that when she says something controversial and she's lambasted for it, she stands tall, takes the criticism, dishes some right back, and moves on. Rosie on the other hand fights back for a bit, and then whines and cowers because more people didn't come running to her side. If you're going to put yourself out there like the people you listed do, then you've got to be prepared to stand up for yourself without expecting anyone else to do it. If you're not prepared to do that, then you I'm not willing to put a person in the same category of the strong opinion people you've listed.

I agree with you Veruka, but with all his pill popping Rush maybe insane, O Reilly believes his hype too much.
    Last edited by fluff; 05-27-2007 at 10:18 PM.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

MissThing, I love your avatar. How cute is that?!

I've enjoyed reading through the debate here. Everyone is quite passionate about their feelings, and the "views" have been diverse and well stated. Well done ladies and gentlemen! We've all acted better than a couple of chicks I know.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2421272;
    Ehhh... I disagree. Rosie holds onto her opinion quite well and fights for those beliefs. And she accepts the negative comments that come with it. She didn't back down from Trump.. she kept giving it to him tit for tat. But she is sitting at a table with women that are supposed to be her friends and they have let her down on two occasions. From all appearances Rosie didn't want Elisabeth to fight her battles for her, but she did expect her to say that she doesn't agree with FoxNews' portrayal of her. And she had a difficult time reconciling the fact that Elisabeth believes everything that is mentioned on FoxNews to the point where there was obvious question in her (Elisabeth's) mind last Monday as to what Rosie truly said.

Bill O'Reilly is EXACTLY like Rosie. The man simply chooses to continue to insult everyone that doesn't agree with him. And the fact that he's trying to take credit for Rosie leaving The View?

Ann Coulter is insane. Notice I didn't put her in my list?

Broadway, yes to your post. Except they werent friends. They were professional collegues and after the Trump thing and Barabra role in it. I think Ro knew that she was the foster child of the group. It goes back to Ro habit of being too thin skinned. And it doesn't take 9 mos to figure out Elizabeth believes everything on fox news.

Ann Coulter is beyond insane. There must be a new pathology disagnosis created just for her.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2421313;
    Broadway, yes to your post. Except they werent friends. They were professional collegues and after the Trump thing and Barabra role in it. I think Ro knew that she was the foster child of the group. It goes back to Ro habit of being too thin skinned. And it doesn't take 9 mos to figure out Elizabeth believes everything on fox news.
    On the contrary, both Rosie and Elisabeth have spoken about considering themselves friends. They did things outside of work and they conversed often. Rosie has said that she has worked harder on that friendship than she has ever had to on any other, despite their obvious differences.

It didn't take Rosie 9 months to figure out Elisabeth believes everything on FoxNews. That's not at issue here. The inability of Elisabeth, as a supposed friend, to be able to recognize the meaning behind Rosie's original comment differed from the misinterpretation that the FoxNews pundits were spewing is what led to her disappointment after last Monday. Tuesday was eggshells, and Wednesday's actions and resulting fight said it all... that she and Elisabeth had forever tarnished any hope of a friendship.

But what made it the last straw for Rosie was The View producers doing the split screen and making it a Hannity and Colmes type of debate. She didn't like the way that they exploited it in that manner and she was through.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Actually the spilit screen was good. I could see Elizabeth pointing her figure, not listening to what Ro said and Elizabeth acting like a shrew. But insiders said that Ro was waiting for a fight. She did choose to do it on camera instead of taking her "friend" aside and asking her in private.

Plus I dont think Ro would ever call BW on the carpet, there had been reports that after the trump thing RO and BW got into a big fight after the show because she believe BW did say some of those things Trump was spouting- and I have to agree. BW was at the table calling Trump a liar and RO didnt say anything until after the show.

But I understand what she felt but it takes two to tango, and I don't understand why argue on air and why take all your marbles and go home. She only had three weeks. I think it takes more courage to stand your ground. I think deep down she really thought people would turn against her for arguing with small, pregnant, christian Elizabeth and she ran home.

To an exaggrated point, thank goodness she wasn't MLK Jr- because I don't know where the civil rights movement would be. I like Rosie most of the time, but she has some issues.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

When I re-watched the argument, my major observation was that they both had a finger pointed at each other. Rosie was doing the finger pointing too. Not as much as Elizabeth though (I think Alicia rubbed off on her). Rosie now wants to deflect it to the show because they didn't pull the plug. She should have pulled her own plug then.

FORT Fogey

Elisabeth DID answer Ro's question. She DID say "I said "I don't believe you believe what you suggested".
    It was Rosie that would NOT answer "Then who are the terrorists?" What upset EH most was the fact that RO put that question out there,
    and then would NOT answer it in anyway.

EH wanted RO to own up to her own comments/questions and she would not do it. RO insisted that if EH was a true friend then EH would own up to it for her.
    But WHY should she? If RO did not know how to answer to her own question "Then who are the terrorists?" then why could she not say "I don't know, I am asking that of everyone".
    When it came down to it RO did not have an answer (or the guts to say it) to her own question, so how could she expect EH to stand up for her?
    What POV was EH to take?

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2421391;
    When I re-watched the argument, my major observation was that they both had a finger pointed at each other. Rosie was doing the finger pointing too. Not as much as Elizabeth though (I think Alicia rubbed off on her). Rosie now wants to deflect it to the show because they didn't pull the plug. She should have pulled her own plug then.
    yes, both people were pointing..

but as usual people only see what they want to see in order for there fav to come out looking better.

i hate onesidedness

i read some posts here and people going off topic talking about a war and other political mess that has nothing to do with rosie vs. elis or rosie bailing 3 weeks (really like 12 days/ 20hrs or less of actual work)

why is it that Rosie left and people are saying crap like Elisabeth set her up...wtf?

why is it that Rosie can not answer a question, but elisabeth has to answer with yes or no.

why is it that Rosie can say something outrageous to many people and the defenders will say "hey she makes people think" people are sheep (i guess non-rosie likeminded people are zombies and don't think for themselves)

why is it that Rosie can call someone a homophobe because they may not agree with her lifestyle or "homophobic" (like in the case of Keli Ripa making the "i don't know where your hands been" comment to clay aiken) and its ok.

let someone respond to one of her outrageous comments and it's the conservative right wingers attacking her calling her "unamerican" and whatnot. is this not the same as her "grouping" people or name calling.

why is it that people actually believe that her and blondie were friends. and is "friendship" not a 2 way street? yeah i have a best friend and i treat them like sh!#, not respecting their opinion, calling them everything short of a stupid naive b!@. Bumrushing my friend to the point of crying . Gee that's a great friend. then she wants to use the excuse of elisabeth not defending her? that is b.s. why would elisbeth and her "republican crap" defend her anyways?
    after all elisabeth is a Fox News parrot, right?

why is it that Rosie bounced;didn't fullfill her contract obligation and Elisabeth is the villian? (can someone explain this to me, because i apparantly missed something)

how is it that i was watching the same Nancy Grace show and i never heard anybody implicate Rosie in anything...the only person implicated (confirmed by ABC) in the mustache drawing was the one writer lady (which everbody agreed it was juvenile) yet someone posted here tht they said Rosie did it...

how is it that some non-moderate got a job as moderator? shouldn't a moderator be neutral (well, at least appear neutral?)

let's just face the fact that rosie is very bitter (about what, i can't figure out)... is GWB the sole source of her bitterness? the gal need a higher dose of them anti-depressants. oh yeah and she's a hippocrit

anyways on to BW and EH

BW officially has lost any credibilty she has left (imo)... she lies too damn much, it's bad enough that she put on that whole Star Jones thing (when we already knew the deal) and did the stupid EH sit in my lap charade
    I belive that RO peaple contacted her pobably that same wednesday to let them know she wasnt coming back. Theen BW is like everthings alight yada yada, now when tuesday come around, i wonder what will be said.

EH, well she never have been good getting her thoughts out... she has a habit of using random words that are said on the show by whoever she's talking to and uses them in her verbalizations (if this makes sense) i can't really describe it. the wednesday death match could have been done a little better, but she tried her best to "fight back" and did probbly about the best she would ever do on this show.

one question, when the deathmatch was about ending, what on earth and it what context did she decide to bring Donald Trump into it? i didn't even see how he fit in the argument they were having.

speaking of DT, this guy called every cable newstation on friday to give his input...i thought that was halarious

FORT Fogey

Bravo! Yet a moderator of the view doesn't have to be neutral. Meredith sure had her opinions but she was much more of an intellectual and classy. As far as E bring Trump in to the arguement, it's call diversion. When you feel that your points are week you go for the low blow by bringing in an issue not related to the issue at hand.

+ Reply to Thread