+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fan

Re: The View

I think Rosie is mentally ill. I remember really liking her in the early days of her career. What kind of weirdo would put out there as fact that we blew up our own buildings and there are no terrorists out to get us? It's dangerous and she needs to go somewhere and get all this conspiracy theory crap brought out of her. Given her anger, I feel most sorry for all those kids of hers. You can't keep that kind of anger and mental illness under wraps at home for too long.

It's a shame, she ended up being the most obnoxious of all by insisting everyone believes as she does or else we're all morons.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2421090;
    Actually, Madonna defended her in an interview on the today show last Dec. during her argument with the donald.
    I think it's was Rosie who had a rift with Madonna, it was years ago but I think it had something to do with M not attending Rosie's committment ceromony with her girlfriend. Rosie went on a little rant saying M was all posh and living the life of an English aristocrat. It just reminded me that when she preceives to be slighted she lashes back.

I never heard Madonna responding to Rosie barbs.

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;2421119;
    I think Rosie is mentally ill. I remember really liking her in the early days of her career. What kind of weirdo would put out there as fact that we blew up our own buildings and there are no terrorists out to get us? It's dangerous and she needs to go somewhere and get all this conspiracy theory crap brought out of her. Given her anger, I feel most sorry for all those kids of hers. You can't keep that kind of anger and mental illness under wraps at home for too long.

It's a shame, she ended up being the most obnoxious of all by insisting everyone believes as she does or else we're all morons.
    Low blow bringing up her parenting -- nothing to do with her anger on the view.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;2421119;

I'm not defending what she said but the talk about 9/11 being a conspiracy was not her creation, there have been people talking about it for years.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

FORT Fogey

But it's so ludricious and very offensive for a mainstream tv personality spewing this ignorance. It does make you wonder about her sanity. I'm wary of government, but I have the common sense to know that if the government couldn't adaquately evacuate the Hurricane Katrina victims they sure enough couldn't organize the bombing of the world trade center.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2421237;
    But it's so ludricious and very offensive for a mainstream tv personality spewing this ignorance. It does make you wonder about her sanity. I'm wary of government, but I have the common sense to know that if the government couldn't adaquately evacuate the Hurricane Katrina victims they sure enough couldn't organize the bombing of the world trade center.
    And yet, the government that couldn't adaquately evacuate Hurricane Katrina victims can spew other ignorance (WMD in Iraq, just for starters), and that's not ludicruous?

It's not offensive or insane that Rosie has the views that she has. As has been stated, she's not alone in her views. I'm not personally fond of her, but she isn't out of her mind, or any such thing.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2421237;
    The two don't have anything to do with each other. The inability to adequately evacuate the hurricane victims had to do mainly with the large volumes of people who, through free will and/or inability to evacuate prior to the hurricane, stayed and required removal. The government did a crappy, crappy job.... but that has nothing to do with whether they would be able to bomb a building. Common sense doesn't enter into it.

Rosie is no different than Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Geraldo Rivera, Glenn Beck, Joe Scarborough, Chris Matthews, Hannity and Colmes, et al that have an opinion and a platform in which to voice it. They all have opinions that are considered different or radical to some... but that doesn't mean they're insane.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2421241;
    And yet, the government that couldn't adaquately evacuate Hurricane Katrina victims can spew other ignorance (WMD in Iraq, just for starters), and that's not ludicruous?

It's not offensive or insane that Rosie has the views that she has. As has been stated, she's not alone in her views. I'm not personally fond of her, but she isn't out of her mind, or any such thing.

That is also ludicrous. But I was comparing apples to apples. If they couldn't organize a good plan to evacute the HKV, how would they have the intelligence to blow up the world trade center. On top of that, they did not plan this war very well so it goes to prove my point. This current government couldn't organize itself out of a paper cup.

Rosie does have some off the wall crazy beliefs. So I put her in the same group of people who believe this is the biblicial end time and aliens have visited them.
    Last edited by phoenix1964; 05-27-2007 at 11:04 PM.

FORT Fogey

From what I understand, Rosie does not dispute the attack of 9/11. Tower 1 and 2 were hit by planes. She does have a problem with the collapse of Tower 7 at a later time.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2421246;

Rosie is no different than Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Geraldo Rivera, Glenn Beck, Joe Scarborough, Chris Matthews, Hannity and Colmes, et al that have an opinion and a platform in which to voice it. They all have opinions that are considered different or radical to some... but that doesn't mean they're insane.
    I think there is one key difference between Rosie and the people who you have listed -- Rosie does not appear to have the ability to accept the negative consequences that sometimes come with expressing strong opinions that may be considered radical or different to some. Someone like Limbaugh, Rivera, O'Reilly, or Matthews (or any of the other ones you listed ... and others who also fall in that category) faces criticism by bracing for it, and defending what they'd said. You don't hear Limbaugh whining that Sean Hannity or Neal Boortz didn't come running to his defense after being lambasted for something he's said that people didn't like. I loathe Ann Coulter, but I do respect the fact that when she says something controversial and she's lambasted for it, she stands tall, takes the criticism, dishes some right back, and moves on. Rosie on the other hand fights back for a bit, and then whines and cowers because more people didn't come running to her side. If you're going to put yourself out there like the people you listed do, then you've got to be prepared to stand up for yourself without expecting anyone else to do it. If you're not prepared to do that, then you I'm not willing to put a person in the same category of the strong opinion people you've listed.

+ Reply to Thread