+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1621Likes

Thread: The View

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Man, you can really tell it is summer....when The View is the most active thread on non-reality shows and on the other threads it's mostly stuff moaning about how long we have to wait for a new show... Long, long, long summer ahead, and since I don't watch The View going to have nothing to read and post about for months.
    Well, fun to read what you all think of Rosie and Elizabeth. At least as a Survivor fan I know who she is....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2420931;
    Man, you can really tell it is summer....when The View is the most active thread on non-reality shows and on the other threads it's mostly stuff moaning about how long we have to wait for a new show... Long, long, long summer ahead, and since I don't watch The View going to have nothing to read and post about for months.
    Well, fun to read what you all think of Rosie and Elizabeth. At least as a Survivor fan I know who she is....
    and that is the only reason Elisabeth is even on the View because she is cute and she was n Survivor.

My probllem with O'Donnell is she can dish it out but she cant take it. I have never been a fan of hers, I just dont think she is all that funny.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

What is she not taking?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;2421011;
    What is she not taking?
    She can give out the insults but doesnt like it when someone dares to fight back. I think she is a hypocrite. She is liberal as long as you agree with her.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2420931;
    Thanks for the laugh PWS! I enjoyed your post. I don't watch the view anymore but I was a big fan of Rosie's show and Boston Bill, - I forgive easily.

Rosie is very generous and yes out spoken - but someone has to make us think and question what we feel and want otherwise, we will be like sheep being led by the few. If/when she offends what I believe in, I usually end up respecting it as different point of view - but at least she made me think. So, I am a Rosie fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2421035;
    Thanks for the laugh PWS! I enjoyed your post. I don't watch the view anymore but I was a big fan of Rosie's show and Boston Bill, - I forgive easily.

Rosie is very generous and yes out spoken - but someone has to make us think and question what we feel and want otherwise, we will be like sheep being led by the few. If/when she offends what I believe in, I usually end up respecting it as different point of view - but at least she made me think. So, I am a Rosie fan!
    Ya know, I tend to be a moderate/lefty on most things, especially gay rights, so this isnt about her sexuality or politics, I just think she is so annoying to the point I dont want to listen to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston_Bill;2421045;
    Ya know, I tend to be a moderate/lefty on most things, especially gay rights, so this isnt about her sexuality or politics, I just think she is so annoying to the point I dont want to listen to her.
    Yeah I can see how you or anyone would think that - my husband feels the same way. But, as I said - I forgive easily and love the good work she does.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston_Bill;2421020;
    She can give out the insults but doesnt like it when someone dares to fight back. I think she is a hypocrite. She is liberal as long as you agree with her.
    I didn't hear Rosie insult anyone. She wanted to know why Elizabeth would continue to support the pundits points of view toward Rosie. Since Elizabeth was her friend, and since Elizabeth is all about facts, why couldn't she just say.."No, I don't agree with them Rosie", or; "Yes, I do agree with them Rosie".

I've never seen Rosie be afraid to take on an opposing point of view, so saying she can't take it is hogwash. The people who "can't take it" when someone fights back are the ones who don't speak at all.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey

I like Rosie is average doses. But her track record speaks to not being able to take what she dishes out. She left her talk show program in a flare of controversy, the magazine she had was riddled with lawsuit w/ her and the publishers, her broadway show (even though her and Boy George were best of friends prior to the close of the show) but they hurled insults back and forth, she dished Madonna publically regarding her english accent since marrying Guy Ritchie, that friendship is over. And now the view. She has a habit of slashing and burning. I think she is a good alternative voice and like that she brought everyday attention to the war but for her children and her sake she seems to need to find out why she habitually does what she does.

As I stated previously, she doesn't know how to play well with others and her lasted posted indicated that when she said she didn't fit in and was a foster child. I don't think Rosie even really tried, she has this accept me as I am or f""" off attitude. Which is fine when, it's just you but in a professional relationship you have to meet people halfway. But that is not to say Elizabeth was right, as trump said she is a dimwit.

But you can't go thru life just quitting like in the cases I cited just because of friction.

Actually, Madonna defended her in an interview on the today show last Dec. during her argument with the donald.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread