+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG;2420079;
    Well I was channel flipping last night and Nancy Grace and her guests were going on and on about how Rosie defaced (even though she wasn't in the building when it happened) EH pictures and how that was a crime and she should be arrested.
    see, this is what i don't understand. rosie didn't do it. she wasn't even in the building, but yet she gets blamed for something her writer(?) did. (personally, i think the act was rather CHILDISH, but that's another story).

and joy, who i also enjoy on the show, is just as opinionated about consertive politics as rosie and says exactly the same stuff, but no one calls her on the carpet about it. only rosie gets dragged through the mud.

FORT Fogey

But Ro says some outrageous stuff. the governments conspiracy in 9/11. doesn't believe that two airplanes brought the world trade center down.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

to FORT, sharon159!

I was interested to hear Trump's comments considering Bitsy brought his name into the fight.

“On this one I think Rosie should win, but Rosie is not much herself. I think anybody that’s against the war in Iraq is the winner of the fight, because to justify the war in Iraq — only an imbecile could do that."
    “Elisabeth is not a very smart person, she’s one of the dumber people in television. To see that she supports the war, and she’s solidly behind the war, give me a break.”
    FOXNews.com - Donald Trump Weighs In on Latest Spat Between Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Who is qualified to judge when someone needs to "get over" the death of a loved one? Only the person dealing with it, I'd suspect.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2420094;
    I always liked Rosie and appreciate her quick wit. She's entitled to have her own opinions as is EH, but sheesh after a while it just seems so repetitve to me. It's like a family get-together that has the same argument year after year after year. I don't understand why they couldn't just agree to disagree - neither one is ever going to change, so to me it was just exhausting to have them blather on to each other.

I have no allegiance to either woman one way or the other, I find EH just as insufferable as Rosie is at times. The thing about Rosie that I don't get at all, is why she's so damn angry all the time. Angry about the war, I get - no one is happy we're in this situation, but she's damn near angry about thousands of things. Yes, her mother died when she was young, but a lot of us have had horrific experiences when we were younger, and as far as I'm concerned, she needs to get over it already. She has a partner who loves her, a beautiful family, more money than she knows what to do with, I just don't see how she's got it so bad.

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss Meredith too.
    Exactly, roses. I used to love Rosie, but she's become too obnoxious to watch. In fact, the entire show has become too obnoxious to watch.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2420348;
    Who is qualified to judge when someone needs to "get over" the death of a loved one? Only the person dealing with it, I'd suspect.
    I'm guessing this was directed at me. You're right, she can certainly take all the time she needs. I was simply pointing out she's so damn angry all the time, and I think it's the anger that drives her bullying/lashing out. She was dealt a rotten card in life, but it would be healthier for her if she could find a way to be happy for what she does have. When I was 15, I was the one who discovered my father had died. It was horrific and traumatizing, but at some point I decided I needed to move on. That's not to say I'm not still dealing with issues about it, but l can't see taking it out on everyone else around me. However, Rosie can certainly take all the time she needs, assuming, of course, her mother's death is even the driving force behind her anger, but I don't find her anger entertaining in the least. For all we know she could be pissed off due to something as trivial as her shoes being too tight.
    Last edited by roseskid; 05-27-2007 at 12:04 AM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Did anyone else see Rosie's Video Blog: Some highlights:
    Monday's show was taped two weeks ago
    On it, Rosie invited Elisabeth and Tim to come stay with her family
    That will not happen as Rosie said she doesn't intend to talk with Elisabeth
    Elisabeth called and talked to Kelli for a long time
    Rosie emailed Elisabeth, and she mailed back
    The picture that Janette drew a mustache on was just a MAGAZINE photo tacked up
    Helene had to go clean out her stuff on friday
    Rosie feels bad that she won't get a chance to say goodbye to all the great people there
    And she felt like the fight or that it started on that Monday to Tuesday then wednesday..so it was a build-up

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i just finished watching her latest video. i still don't understand what was so bad about the split screen during the fight ... i LIKED it because we got to see BOTH parties, BOTH of their facial expressions without missing anything. we got to see how rosie stayed calm but firm, while elizabeth very obviously got emotionally upset while defending her side. i would think elizabeth would be more upset that the camera never left HER than anything else.

i'm disappointed that it all came to this and rosie's chosen to leave now. it just leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth, and proves the haters right.

i also hope that rosie takes whatever time she needs to move on from this and come back better and stronger for it.

---------

i stopped watching the view years ago because it bored me, and then i got hooked again when rosie joined. i'll continue to watch, but unless they have someone like whoopie taking her place, i fear it's going to be another snooze fest for me.

I also like how she answered the question regarding her just "taking her toys and going home." She says no... it was like a foster family. She joined this foster family.. didn't fit in.. so she's gone.

She says she has never in her life tried harder to form a friendship with anyone like she did with Elisabeth but they just weren't compatible.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread